• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Demon Knights

For real, thinking it's all bad 'cause it influences the tides. Nobody likes high tides anyway, moon. They drown people. Quit drowning people, moon! :argh:

F**Kin' Moon killed my Uncle Seamus', friend's, cousin's dog! :argh:

The Moon killed my father, my fathers father, my mothers father, my mother and her father :argh:

For real, thinking it's all bad 'cause it influences the tides. Nobody likes high tides anyway, moon. They drown people. Quit drowning people, moon! :argh:

It's drowning people for fun I bet

And it causes werewolves

Watchman said:
I still think Cornell hates the moon for some reason. First vampire and now it's making it all evil in Stormwatch.

Cornell knows that the moon is evil.

Evil and full of monsters

TheCorpulent1 said:
Granted, Stormwatch does look suspiciously like it'll suck based on what I've seen...

But Apollo and Midnighter are going to fight the moon Corp. How can you not love that :csad:

Demon Knights #1 preview! :) My most anticipated team book more or less, the art is so stunning i do hope that boosts the sales really nicely and Etrigan is so cleverly written.

Demon Knights:
Yes! Yes! So much win! Demons! Magic! Vandal Savage! Dinosaurs! Dragons! This is what i've been wanting since it's announcement, some darn good Medieval Fantasy, because i love Dragon Age, Warcraft (tho thats headed to steam punk territory) Final Fantasy used to be medieval fantasy mixed with steampunk, but yeah the LOTR stuff from Silmarillion to Hobbit (my 1st book i've ever read) and so forth, so yeah i love me some fantasy, oh and obviously Warhammer stuff and some random RPG things, so again i'm just saying this comic was really made for me, so i'm obviously just "Ya ya ya!" happy happy fun fun mood. Now i will note that the way the Demon Knights seem to team up is the most hilariously thing ever, they all just happen to be at the same inn drinking beer? Excluding the Horse-rider obviously, but Etrigan & Madame Xanadu meet Vandal Savage near the Inn, these 3 already knew each other and thats established, but the Shining Knight & Amazon Warrior are there as well, so yeah it just seems the most inconveniant thing ever! Can you imagen JL #1 starting with Batman and Hal taking a beer at Icebourg Lounge when Superman arrives there too alongside Wonder Woman, then Darkseid attakcs and they just all team up more or less? Hilarious. The comic nicely sets up the heroes, the antagonist Mordu and the Medieval fantasy world with it's area Alba Sarum. Did i mention it has Dragons?! :) Oh and Etrigan's medieval knight design is a total killer, props to that, loved the smoking kiss he pulls haha.

It is kind of funny that so far every team book has done a good job setting up majority of the team in the first issue..then you get to JL and we arent even half way through the team forming.

Demon Knights was pretty cool. I love the whole Magnificent Seven vibe Cornell is going for. However, I was expecting a slightly more serious book. Not gritty and dark mind you, but something epic and regal. So the humor came as kind of a surprise, and I'm not sure I like it. Artwork was fantastic. I kinda dig Etrigan's new outfit, but his traditional outfit seems pretty universal to me. I'll deal.

However, I REALLY wish Cornell wrote Etrigan in rhyme. It would have made him sooooo much cooler and interesting to read. Plus, he'd probably have Madame Xanadu swoon every time he opened his mouth. I also felt that the dialogue was a bit too modern. It didn't really carry any elegance to it. I DO like, however, that Cornell wrote the lovely Madame was a bit more of a stronger character. My one issue with Matt Wagner's run was that she stuttered alot and wasn't really a force to be reckoned with. She was kind of timid, in a way. I didn't feel she came into herself until the final 2 arcs of that run.

But it's fun, and the DARK titles that I've picked up have been my favorites so far. I'll stick with this one. I wonder how some of this stuff will tie into Justice League Dark.

So Cornell pretty much re-wrote how Etrigan transforms right? I like the new wording as well though nothing was wrong with the old. And, yea, at SDCC he said he wouldn't rhyme much--maybe not even at all--which partially sucks but oh well.

Oh my golly gosh I loved this issue. So much. Pure glorious sword and sorcery excellence with some nice humour and a great set up. Loved the scene of the barbarian horde bursting into the tavern where an Amazon, a sorceress, a demon, an eccentric inventor and a magical knight all just happen to be having a drink. Pure :awesome: sauce

And I love that this team of heroes is going to form because someone interrupted them having a pint. That's the most British origin for a team up ever and I loves it :hrt:

Adored Xanadu and Etrigan as well. Definitely one of my new favourite comic book couples :up:

Amazon. The ones that didn't move to the island. I forget their name.

Oh my golly gosh I loved this issue. So much. Pure glorious sword and sorcery excellence with some nice humour and a great set up. Loved the scene of the barbarian horde bursting into the tavern where an Amazon, a sorceress, a demon, an eccentric inventor and a magical knight all just happen to be having a drink. Pure :awesome: sauce

And I love that this team of heroes is going to form because someone interrupted them having a pint. That's the most British origin for a team up ever and I loves it :hrt:

Adored Xanadu and Etrigan as well. Definitely one of my new favourite comic book couples :up:

Well, technically it would be comic book triples cuz she's banging both. :o

HighFivingMF said:
So was that a tranny!? :awesome:

You mean Sir Ystinn?

Not sure if she/he is a male to female/female to male transgendered person but if she/he is then that would be really neat I would dig that :up:

You mean Sir Ystinn?

Not sure if she/he is a male to female/female to male transgendered person but if she/he is then that would be really neat I would dig that :up:

That's the one! I wasn't sure if he/she existed before.

The more you know :up:

Cant wait to see more of them next issue :woot: and I'm curious why one of the Bana Mighdall Amazons is in Britain in the dark ages

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"