Derrickson to step down; who should direct?

I think it’s wonderful news! Hope it happens. It would be fun to hear an elfman doctor strange score. Welcome back to the family Sam

I'm glad to eat crow on this one. I never thought this would be a realistic option, but I think this is probably the best decision Marvel Studios could have made. Sam Raimi is easily one of my all-time favorite directors, and this project fits him like a glove

I'm sorry but...Derrickson gotta be pissed at this lol they didn't just replace him they straight up erased his existence with this upgrade lol

Derrickson probably has more important things on his mind now, really.

No. Just that a director replacing him on a project he stepped away from probably isn't going to suddenly ruin his day.

I did.

Although it was more of a dream fanboy pick than actually thinking it will happen. Anyway, I look like a prophet:funny:
Yes you do, congrats Master Astrologer Nardz! :cool::cwink:

I'm glad to eat crow on this one. I never thought this would be a realistic option, but I think this is probably the best decision Marvel Studios could have made. Sam Raimi is easily one of my all-time favorite directors, and this project fits him like a glove
It may well be the best possible choice. You have the likes of Nolan near the top but I think Raimi is a better fit.

I always felt the guys from Inside No 9 would make for a killer really twisted Dr Strange movie. That show has some of the best and most versatile writing I have seen on any medium in many years

Would be interesting to see how different Derrickson's version of this film would have been to Raimi's.

Would be interesting to see how different Derrickson's version of this film would have been to Raimi's.

I'm sure he wanted to make a movie focused on Dr Strange and they didn't. That's why he left.
And it looks like he made the right decision as this is one of MCUs lowest ranked movies.

Sam Raimi did all he could have done. Sam is a yes man. Love him but he's not going to go say no my way or the high way so he took on this mess and did as best as he could.

A Dr Strange focused movie with Nightmare and Mordo as the villain could have arguably been Marvels best to date, at least this phase, easily. Story wise, it's not even up for debate. At least Strange would have had a solid character this time around. I remember Derrickson saying something along the lines of ''I had to make concessions for Strange 1 because I had to insert his origin but they promised me I would be allowed to go all out on the sequel'' and well...yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"