Sam Raimi to Direct

I might be the only one who thinks SM2 ist just ok...but SM1 was and is a masterpiece.
Never gut the fuzz about it
The "might be the only one" argument really isn't valid since there are at least some people on the Internet would agree with you.

I respect what Spider-Man 1 did for the genre but there are aspects of that film that were outdated literally the next day it came out lol

Oh well you can say that about most films I reckon

No... No, not really at all... By any reckoning.

If it wasn't for Goblin's power ranger suit, I'd put them on equal footing
but doc ock was perfect, so SM2 edges it out for me

No... No, not really at all... By any reckoning.

yeah for a surprisingly large amount of them. I mean, look up the list of good picture Oscar winners and you’ll be like “seriously, people thought THAT was a great film?”

87083722_10158198904619171_5359471242346758144_n.png Sam Raimi has cancelled his appearance at an upcoming convention because he'll be busy with Doctor Strange.

Well this is the type of post that no promoter likes to make. I've just gotten off the phone with SAM RAIMI's talent agent and unfortunately he will not be able to attend the March 13-15 show due to filming Doctor Strange in London. We plan to bring Sam to one of our future shows as soon as he is available and we wish him well on the film.
We have already starting looking for someone to add to the show and will announce any progress that we make.
Terribly sorry to disappoint anyone, we're disappointed too.
Wolf Studios will begin refunding Sam Raimi photo ops shortly.

They're probably mistaken about him actually filming in March, but sounds like he's in London getting things ready.

Edit: They have since removed the references to Doctor Strange from that post.
87083722_10158198904619171_5359471242346758144_n.png

Last edited:
Is Sam Raimi official yet? Why don't Marvel announce him as director?

All but official at this point. Let's go!

I also watched Sam on the newest season of Jon Favreau's Netflix cooking show last night. Coincidental timing, eh.

Interesting pick, I felt like this Dr.Strange movie pretty much has a set in stone story that they want. It is the 1st Marvel Studios movie after Endgame with a recurring character, BW is dead, Eternals new, and Shang new. Maybe they plan on having Sam sticks around for years.

Interesting pick, I felt like this Dr.Strange movie pretty much has a set in stone story that they want. It is the 1st Marvel Studios movie after Endgame with a recurring character, BW is dead, Eternals new, and Shang new. Maybe they plan on having Sam sticks around for years.
But it's bot gonna be the first movie! I get the urge to want to dismiss BW because she's dead and the majority of the movie happens in the past but they had been working on the script for over 3 years and there's not a single doubt in my mind that the movie will be used to set up a ton of things to come in phase 4! And same goes with all the other movies u mentioned -- then there's the Disney + series shows that will move things along even further. By the time Strange 2 comes out I bet u a ton of things will have changed in the Marvel landscape. Let's not forget this is Marvel and in Kevin we trust!!

Scott Derrickson, Chris Evans Teaming for Skydance Thriller 'Bermuda'

In a bit of moviemaking irony, Sam Raimi was at one time attached to direct Bermuda. Raimi recently signed on to helm Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness after Derrickson exited that film earlier this year. Bermuda, centered around the Bermuda Triangle, had a script from Doug Miro and Carlo Bernard when Raimi was attached. Derrickson and his writing partner C. Robert Cargill will rewrite the script.

I respect what Spider-Man 1 did for the genre but there are aspects of that film that were outdated literally the next day it came out lol

Oh well you can say that about most films I reckon

Iron Man and MySpace. Go back and get RDJ to dub in "TikTok" in there, then watch that get phased out quickly too.

To be honest I don’t think we should fear ageing. It should be a snapchat for the time it was in and if it does seriously date then there’s more incentive to make more of it later.

for example, it’s actually pretty fun to watch old episodes of doctor who because it’s a bit like travelling back in time just by being itself

I'm excited but also a little worried about this. The last big feature film he directed is that Oz movie right? And having just watched it again since the first time it came out, it's awful. I hope we get Spider-Man 1 & 2 Raimi and not Spider-Man 3 and Oz Raimi. Please god

Honestly I've got faith in this given how passionate Raimi and Feige are for the character. Oz was terrible but I'm confident he's learned from that.

Wonder if Raimi will return for Strange 3 of for any other MCU films. Hopefully he is excited again about superhero films and will have a good working relationship with Marvel/Feige going forward.

Given the overall polarizing reactions this movie is getting, I'm not sure he'll be brought back unfortunately.

Given the overall polarizing reactions this movie is getting, I'm not sure he'll be brought back unfortunately.
A big part of that is the plot which I doubt he could have changed at the stage he joined - maybe also why Derrickson left.

This was a great return to form for Raimi. It was clearly a “Marvel Film” but it also had his signature gore and goofy humor too. And of course, a certain cameo that we all knew was coming.

I've missed Sam Raimi. He is still a great director, and particularly good with comic book adaptations. Hope to see him being a little more active in future, whatever he feels like doing.

While not having seen it, whatever this film will be, isn’t Raimis fault. This had to go through so many changes and troubles from the first idea. Hope Taika could hold his vision with Thor Love & Thunder, that he pitched 3-4 years ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"