Doctor Strange has found a director

Now there are rumblings about Ethan Hawke since worked with him prior, haha. Though if it came to pass it could very well be an RDJ/Iron Man scenario.

Good director. I guess Dr. Strange will probably be alot darker than other MCU movies.

Not a fan of this guy's work. Hoping for the best.

I liked Emily Rose but I haven't seen Sinister.

Emily Rose was really good. Wouldn't be surprised if he carries some themes over from it to this movie.

Sinister is my fav horror film in the last while. Derrickson will bring it!

The Day the Earth Stood Still wasn't good though.

Now there are rumblings about Ethan Hawke since worked with him prior, haha. Though if it came to pass it could very well be an RDJ/Iron Man scenario.

Wow, I was just about to say that too. I wouldn't be surprised if Hawke was cast.

It's so weird because I think we can all agree in another time, RDJ would have been the perfect Doc Strange.

Hey alright! I didn't expect any Dr. Strange news today!!

I have no idea about derrickson, but I'm glad to see this is moving forward.

Love me some Strange!

I remember liking his work with Sinister, but not TDTESS remake. Not super-duper-uber-pumped, but still excited to see this has a director and one that's primarily horror.

Phase 3 so far (order estimated):
- Ant-Man :-)csad:)
- Captain America 3
- Dr. Strange
- Thor 3
- The Avengers 3

Wonder if they'll put in Ms. Marvel/Black Panther for some diversity (and for including their awesome characters of course).

Okay, just watched Sinister. I think this film is in good hands.

I was hoping for someone who could've done something a little more psychedelic like Spike Jonze.

Ethan Hawke wouldn't be bad in the role. I approve for the same reason why I approve of the Johnny Depp rumors. I want an older Doctor Strange.

Those scenes in Sinister were he's just descending into straight madness is what sells me on him.

I think this dude will give us one hell of an interpretation of Dormammu and the Dark Dimension.

The Day The Earth Stood Still was awful. I always forget that he directed it or that it even exists.

:woot: CAN"T WAIT FOR DR. STRANGE MOVIE!!!!! I had mentioned in another thread recently that I hoped they would do Dr Strange as a Netflix show, but I am absolutely thrilled it's moving forward in planning as a movie!

(MCU = Go older Stephen Strange... get someone like George Clooney, Ethan Hawke, or Viggo Mortensen. Please don't get a guy in his 20's or young 30's for this iconic character.)

Dang, now I just have to hold it together for another 2 or 3 years. :argh:

Last edited:
I would have pegged Derrickson for a Ghost Rider film, maybe even a Punsher would be interesting with him. Did not link him to Strange but I love it now that its in front of me.

What do people think of the Leto rumour??

http://otlnews.wordpress.com/2014/06/03/marvel-wants-jared-leto-for-dr-strange-rumour/

I like Jared Leto, but I think he's wrong for Dr. Strange because I think he sees himself as a musician first, actor second. If Marvel wants him to commit to X number of movies, I don't believe he will honor it, or he might have a change-of-heart. Ethan Hawke would be a better choice imo.

Jared Leto is just too pretty for Strange now that I think about it. I need someone more rugged then him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"