Sam Raimi to Direct

Man Sam still has it. And as a fan of not only his Spidey Movies but also Evil Dead, Darkman and Drag me to Hell it was so awesome to immediately recognize his style all over the film. To me this is easily one of the most director owned MCU movies, by far.

More please!

This sounds very promising

While not having seen it, whatever this film will be, isn’t Raimis fault. This had to go through so many changes and troubles from the first idea. Hope Taika could hold his vision with Thor Love & Thunder, that he pitched 3-4 years ago
Taika should be in a better position having already made Ragnarok largely to his specification and it coming out to big success. I think Marvel trust him at this point with the L&T budget and he will get to do the crazy things he wants.

God, imagine inventing the genre basically and then reinventing it a few decades later? Raimi was so perfect for this. I hope he comes back for the sequel.

I think it takes a great man to improve on past mistakes. Like, I love the Maguire Spider-Man flicks but you can argue it does get a bit incel like looking back at it and this kind of corrected that mistake by saying strange isn’t with his one true love and that’s ok

Just hope he enjoyed the experience and is interested in getting more involved in superhero content.
Yeah. And in general it was just great to see a Sam Raimi movie again. It’s been about 9 years. And the last one he made didn’t really feel like him. This did.

I saw this for a second time today, I was a little Lukewarm the first go round but it plays a lot better the second time. I do think there's are still some things that didn't completely work for me, but it's a lot better the second time through.

If Raimi returns for the third installment I feel like it might benefit from him being a part of the production from the start.

I almost feel like the Evil Dead series is essential viewing for this movie. This movie had so much of his signature style crammed in. I loved it, but I feel like an explanation is needed.

How far into production was it before Raimi came in? It's incredible how much of his style he was able to showcase but I cant help but think that if he had been in from the beginning that the movie might have been tighter and more refined in some ways.

From what I understand he threw out Derrickson's script and rewrote it with Loki writer Michael Waldron. Sounded like the two collabed very closely on the story but I'm sure Feige gave them mandates on major story beats they needed to hit.

I want Raimi to finish out the Strange trilogy and REALLY go big and nuts on the 3rd film. I hope he stays.

I'd very much like for Sam Raimi to direct another MCU movie, but I'd prefer if he could start a new series from scratch for a character who hasn't been at-bat for the MCU over another Doctor Strange sequel. So I'd like Raimi to set the tone and style for the series, similar to the first Spider-Man film.

I hope Feige/Disney keep Raimi to direct the next Doctor Strange movie

I hope we get someone like Raimi to not only direct the 3rd installment but help overdee the supernatural side of the MCU.

I keep calling this In The Multiverse of Army of Darkness because it takes a lot of visual and sound design from those movies. The possesion scene was pretty much a remake of the Evil Dead cabin scene and the souls of the damned were reminisce of the creatures from Army of Darkness.

Hope Marvel gives directors more freedom and allows their creative and style to shine through their lenses as opposed to the recycled MCU lenses/formula.

Imagine someone like Benicio Del Toro playing with the supernatural world of Marvel.

This movie was a breath of fresh air.

I hope we get someone like Raimi to not only direct the 3rd installment but help overdee the supernatural side of the MCU.

I keep calling this In The Multiverse of Army of Darkness because it takes a lot of visual and sound design from those movies. The possesion scene was pretty much a remake of the Evil Dead cabin scene and the souls of the damned were reminisce of the creatures from Army of Darkness.

Hope Marvel gives directors more freedom and allows their creative and style to shine through their lenses as opposed to the recycled MCU lenses/formula.

Imagine someone like Benicio Del Toro playing with the supernatural world of Marvel.

This movie was a breath of fresh air.
Man it was so good to see Sam unleashed on a big movie again. Some absolutely crazy, fun and stunning sequences.

I agree. Love what Raimi did here and would go over the edge to see a Dr Strange, Dormammu, Clea (pants uncontrollably), Eternity, Living Tribunal, and whatever else in a Dark Dimension movie. Just go Bat S*** crazy with Raimi....:db:

It was amazing seeing Raimi's directing and editing style combined with Elfman's music once again, for characters who really suit them I'll add. Just thinking about the scene where Mordo explains the Dreamwalking to Stephen and America, the editing, the music... I read one of Waldron's interview where he said that Raimi was sceptical about doing Dead Strange because he would have been too much 'Raimi' and he really wanted to be a team player, then everyone loved the idea and they went for it and, boy, am I glad they did it. That whole sequence might be one of my favourite in a CBM. Gimme more Raimi, Marvel!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"