Sequels Will Darkseid work in Superman Movies?

DrMylesOBoogie said:
Darkseid is the ultimate badguy and Superman is the greatest superhero. Having the two meet onscreen should be the aim of the ppl making Superman movies. You could be vague about the whole Darkseid being a god and maybe mention that his own people consider him a god. It could be similiar to R'as mentioning that he's immortal in Begins.

Like someone already mentioned Darkseid is to much of a badass for Singer to even think about.

I say bring on the Darkseid.

GarudA said:
Like someone already mentioned Darkseid is to much of a badass for Singer to even think about.

I say bring on the Darkseid.

Everything you said is dead on right!

However, with Singer at the helm, there's no way we'll ever see Darkseid because it doesn't fit into his realistic portrayal. If anything, we'll be lucky to get any villains who are not Kryptonian.

I love Darkseid and would love to see him on film, but as Spike said on the first page of this thread the New Gods deserve there own movie IMO. I'd like to see Mongul you could do a lot of the same things with him that you could do with Darkseid in a Supes movie. Have Mongul come to Earth wanting to turn it into his new Warworld.

Zod and Co will NOT be in the sequel Harris and Dougherty have even said Superman needs to fight a superpowered villain in the sequels and I quote "I dont mean three rogue kryptonians who escaped from the phantom zone"

Anything can work onscreen with the right creativity however i don't think he will be a villain Singer would consider

dpm07 said:
Everything you said is dead on right!

However, with Singer at the helm, there's no way we'll ever see Darkseid because it doesn't fit into his realistic portrayal. If anything, we'll be lucky to get any villains who are not Kryptonian.

It really is sad that we might never see Darkseid on the big screen :down , I just believe he could be one of the biggest villains to ever appear on the big screen even bigger then Zod. Knowing Singer if he ever did Darkseid he would end up ruining him as well, make him look different and like crap. So it might be better of that Singer leaves him alone.

Lobo said:
I love Darkseid and would love to see him on film, but as Spike said on the first page of this thread the New Gods deserve there own movie IMO. I'd like to see [bold]Mongul[/b] you could do a lot of the same things with him that you could do with Darkseid in a Supes movie. Have Mongul come to Earth wanting to turn it into his new Warworld.

Zod and Co will NOT be in the sequel Harris and Dougherty have even said Superman needs to fight a superpowered villain in the sequels and I quote "I dont mean three rogue kryptonians who escaped from the phantom zone"

I hope you're right, because it's going to really take a lot to get mainstream audiences to warm up to another Superman film after what is being seen on-screen with Superman Returns. This film really hasn't resonated with the fans as a whole in the way many thought it might, and with POTC 2 out this weekend, it really seems to have lost a lot of momentum. For a film that came out a few days before the holiday, it really didn't capture the filmgoer in a fashion that was expected.

I've seen both films, and I left POTC 2 wanting more, and I didn't really feel that way after leaving SR. I don't know if it was the lack of the action, or him having a kid in the film.

It was probably the kid. Just wondering what did you think of Routh? Personally I enjoyed the film

Lobo said:
It was probably the kid. Just wondering what did you think of Routh? Personally I enjoyed the film

While I had reservations initially with Routh, and I really don't he's a great actor as evidenced by his limited talking on-screen, he wasn't bad. He wasn't my first or second choice for a Superman, but he did a decent job. My issues with the film are more in line with Singer and his approach, most notably the story. The concept of the return was great as were the allegorical metaphors, but overall, the story to me at least was rather underwhelming. I guess I expected more from Superman with today's capability and technology, and felt bummed that for me it didn't deliver. I felt that Keanu Reeves as Neo in the Matrix films was more like Superman than Superman himself. Again, for me it goes back to the story.

Routh would have done much better with a better story and script. I don't fault him with this, but rather Singer and his associates.

I originally thought it would be easier to explain Darkseid as a clone of Zod but after thinking about it, it would make a better story for him to be an imperfect clone of...

brando_apocalypse.jpg

thorstone said:
I originally thought it would be easier to explain Darkseid as a clone of Zod but after thinking about it, it would make a better story for him to be an imperfect clone of...

brando_apocalypse.jpg

Darkseid a failed Jor-El clone, instead a powerful god/tyrant conqueror? Lame!

I don't think audiences will be ready for Darkseid in the sequel. Deal with Brainiac or Metallo with Luthor pulling the strings, and set things up for Darkseid in part 3.

Heck if Singer really plans to kill of Superman and have the damn kid take over then at least Darkseid do it.

Thorstone for the good of humanity and the gene pool castrate yourself right now. Making DarkSeid JUST a superman villian is a disservers to both 4th world and Jack Kirby

Batx69 said:
Thorstone for the good of humanity and the gene pool castrate yourself right now. Making DarkSeid JUST a superman villian is a disservers to both 4th world and Jack Kirby

Not it's not a disservice. It's actually a credit. A New Gods spin-off from a Superman film would work as it would indoctrinate the mainstream to who the New Gods were.

This would work. I endorse it.

dpm07 said:
While I had reservations initially with Routh, and I really don't he's a great actor as evidenced by his limited talking on-screen, he wasn't bad. He wasn't my first or second choice for a Superman, but he did a decent job. My issues with the film are more in line with Singer and his approach, most notably the story. The concept of the return was great as were the allegorical metaphors, but overall, the story to me at least was rather underwhelming. I guess I expected more from Superman with today's capability and technology, and felt bummed that for me it didn't deliver. I felt that Keanu Reeves as Neo in the Matrix films was more like Superman than Superman himself. Again, for me it goes back to the story.

Routh would have done much better with a better story and script. I don't fault him with this, but rather Singer and his associates.

Im with you all the way man. I actually stood up for this film before it came out, but Singer and his wack pack totally let me down. Im all for restarting the franchise with a new director and new writers.

The Overlord said:
If you don't want a watered down version of Darkseid to appear, would you rather Mongul appear (he is already a water down version of Darkseid)?
I would welcome Mongul in a Superman movie with open arms. He is essentially what people here want to see Superman fight in a sequel: an intersteller conquerer trying to invade Earth with an army, and he can give one helluva superpowered battle on the big screen. :up::up:

From what I can gather, posters here basically want the watered down Darkseid from the DCAU that Superman actually stands a chance at beating, and Mongul fits that bill perfectly.

The New Gods concept will never translate to film, give that one up; if you want to see Darkseid, you have to look for simpler ways of bringing in the character. It is already a difficult enough task. There is no time for New Genesis and Apokolips, their war, or their people; just like they would never bring up Bizarro World if doing a Bizarro type character...they would simply just make him an imperfect clone, no blue kryptonite, and no laughable speech.

Also, the people of New Gen and Apok are as flat, boring, and as laughable as the exaggerated characters of Bizarro World. Beyond all that you might as well call New Genesis, Planet Xenophobe.

thorstone said:
The New Gods concept will never translate to film, give that one up; if you want to see Darkseid, you have to look for simpler ways of bringing in the character. It is already a difficult enough task. There is no time for New Genesis and Apokolips, their war, or their people; just like they would never bring up Bizarro World if doing a Bizarro type character...they would simply just make him an imperfect clone, no blue kryptonite, and no laughable speech.

Also, the people of New Gen and Apok are as flat, boring, and as laughable as the exaggerated characters of Bizarro World. Beyond all that you might as well call New Genesis, Planet Xenophobe.

Bah, if Darksied cannot be properly translated to a the Superman film franchise, then he shouldn't be translated to the Superman film franchise. Mongul is essentically a watered down Darkseid without the complicated back story, I would rather see Mongul, then some ******ed version of Darksied, who is nothing more than a failed Jor-El clone.

I’d love to see Darkseid, but only done in the proper way.. It would be a nice way to set up a New Gods/4th World spinoff film, but I wouldn’t want to see a Superman/Orion team up..

Him being a clone of Superman's father would give him plenty of power and a more understandable motive for traveling all the way across the galaxy to kill Superman. And it would create issues for Superman who would have to kill all that is left of his father.

Thorstone that is shuemacher level ******ed, please go castrate yourself

thorstone said:
Him being a clone of Superman's father would give him plenty of power and a more understandable motive for traveling all the way across the galaxy to kill Superman. And it would create issues for Superman who would have to kill all that is left of his father.

Superman already has a failed clone villain, Bizzarro. Plus one of the impressive things about Darkseid is he has a whole planet backing him up which wouldn't be the case with a Jor-El clone. Darksied has a rich history in the comics and if they are going to ignore it favour of some Jor-El clone, then just don't use Darkseid in the Superman movie. Make Doomsday a Jor-El clone, if you must, he is nothing more than a plot device and comes from Krypton in the comics, he is a character I don't give damn about, so I don't care if he is ruined.

The Overlord said:
Superman already has a failed clone villain, Bizzarro. Plus one of the impressive things about Darkseid is he has a whole planet backing him up which wouldn't be the case with a Jor-El clone. Darksied has a rich history in the comics and if they are going to ignore it favour of some Jor-El clone, then just don't use Darkseid in the Superman movie. Make Doomsday a Jor-El clone, if you must, he is nothing more than a plot device and comes from Krypton in the comics, he is a character I don't give damn about, so I don't care if he is ruined.

But I kinda figured that Doomsday would then look more like Darkseid than anyone else they try to make him. Brando has the most perfect look for the character (they would have to do a Vader type voice using a different actor either way, you can bring his image back with special effects but you can't make a dead man speak).

My nightmare would be for them to merge Doomsday and Darkseid into one character.

If its your nightmare, why the hell did you sugest it with your your bizzaro/doomsday/darksied idea?

Spike_x1 said:
I would welcome Mongul in a Superman movie with open arms. He is essentially what people here want to see Superman fight in a sequel: an intersteller conquerer trying to invade Earth with an army, and he can give one helluva superpowered battle on the big screen. :up::up:

From what I can gather, posters here basically want the watered down Darkseid from the DCAU that Superman actually stands a chance at beating, and Mongul fits that bill perfectly.

Exactly :up: :up: For the Man who has everything, is probably my favorite Superman story as well

The New Gods would translate perfectly to film, the prallels to Star Wars are uncanny and we all know how big that franchise is ;).

Batx69 said:
If its your nightmare, why the hell did you sugest it with your your bizzaro/doomsday/darksied idea?

I didn't suggest making Darkseid and Doomsday the same character. I suggested their origins be inorganic clones.

I would instead imagine Singer is going to use the crystal tech to explain any inorganic lifeforms. Also, I wouldn't actually openly name the characters in the movie Bizarro or Doomsday. At most, headlines reading Doomsday Arrives or something similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"