Despicable Me - The Thread, The Trailer, The..Whatever

Steve Burke Says ‘Despicable Me 2′ Is Universal’s Most Profitable Film Ever And Lauds Pact With Legendary

By DAVID LIEBERMAN, Financial Editor | Wednesday July 31, 2013 @ 6:48am
NBC Universal chief Steve Burke made his observations this morning in Comcast’s Q2 conference call with analysts as he discussed his http://www-deadline-com.vimg.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Steve-Burke110914161947.jpgcompany’s approach to films following its new production and finance partnership with Legendary Entertainment. Burke noted that NBCU is delighted with its animation alliance with Illumination. The partners’ Despicable Me 2 will become “the single most profitable film in the 100 year history of Universal Studios.” Meanwhile, Legendary is “going to make some of their own films” that target fanboys while Universal “will concentrate on everything else.” Burke says that NBCU will co-finance some of Legendary’s films, and it will co-finance some of Universal’s. He’s pleased with the outcome: “It was a competitive auction to see who would end up with the Legendary film relationship.”

Glad to hear that news. I really enjoyed taking my son to this movie. Keep 'em coming.

Legendary coming over to Universal is one of the best things that could have happened to them. They are in need of franchises.

You know, usually I don't like animated movies that much, but when I like one, I really like it (like the Shrek Movies or most of the Pixar ones).

I never saw 'Despicable Me' until last month (I had several chances, actually), I don't know, I thought it was a little overrated (because of the minions).

I was bored, so I turned the TV on and Despicable Me was about to start. "Ok, let's give it a chance", I thought, "can't be that bad".

Boy, I loved the movie. When it finished, i went online to watch Despicable Me 2.
¿Guess what? I liked it even more.
I bought both movies in Blu-Ray last week and watched them at least twice. I don't care if they are seen as "movies for children", as I said, when I like a movie I really like it.

Can't wait for both Minions and Despicable Me 3.

[YT]P9-FCC6I7u0[/YT]

The movie looks good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"