Details on Sandman's car chase scene...

C

Cnizzel

Hey all, im an extra for Spiderman 3 in Cleveland and I got to talking with the AD. I was lucky enough to get him to spill the beans on the main scene that theyre filming here.

basically what he told me was that the scene starts out with Sandman on top of a building watching the armorded trucks being loaded. And as they drive away Sandman jumps on the truck and breaks through the top. He starts filling the whole truck with sand and its making the truck hard to drive so he loses control and crashes into and GTO and a Chevy SS, which is the crash they filmed Yesterday.

After that Spidey comes to the scene swinging in. Sandman throws or shoots sand at Spidey trying to knock him down but to no avail. The car is now being controlled by Sandman and hes trying to hit cars into Spiderman who is now on the back of the truck, he smashes into two cars on the right side of the street. One of the cars flips up and back, and Spiderman has to do a "matrix" to avoid under it. The the door from the second car of that collision flies off and Spiderman catches it under his feet and is now "surfing" on the door avoiding more cars while hes web slinged to the back or the armored truck. That crash was shot today. Then he got short because he had to go but he said the scene ended with a big 4 car crash with the the trucke flipping over another car.

Theres going to be even more crashes that they have yet to film, there are still about 2 sets of 3 chained cars that they havent used yet.

Thats all he gave me but he said hed talk to me again tomorrow. So I guess ill have more then.

spidey surfing on a car door? haha,that'll be cool. maybe we'll get a quip or two out of him as well!

i have to say, this scene seems like it would be a good place to show some of spidey's strength. like him catching a flipping car in his hands or something, saving bystanders. in sm2, where he stops the car with his webbing, i was hoping it'd be him holding the car, but i was let down :( this is a time to make it up!

Cnizzel said:
Hey all, im an extra for Spiderman 3 in Cleveland and I got to talking with the AD. I was lucky enough to get him to spill the beans on the main scene that theyre filming here.

basically what he told me was that the scene starts out with Sandman on top of a building watching the armorded trucks being loaded. And as they drive away Sandman jumps on the truck and breaks through the top. He starts filling the whole truck with sand and its making the truck hard to drive so he loses control and crashes into and GTO and a Chevy SS, which is the crash they filmed Yesterday.

After that Spidey comes to the scene swinging in. Sandman throws or shoots sand at Spidey trying to knock him down but to no avail. The car is now being controlled by Sandman and hes trying to hit cars into Spiderman who is now on the back of the truck, he smashes into two cars on the right side of the street. One of the cars flips up and back, and Spiderman has to do a "matrix" to avoid under it. The the door from the second car of that collision flies off and Spiderman catches it under his feet and is now "surfing" on the door avoiding more cars while hes web slinged to the back or the armored truck. That crash was shot today. Then he got short because he had to go but he said the scene ended with a big 4 car crash with the the trucke flipping over another car.

Theres going to be even more crashes that they have yet to film, there are still about 2 sets of 3 chained cars that they havent used yet.

Thats all he gave me but he said hed talk to me again tomorrow. So I guess ill have more then.

Seems ok. i'll wait for a reliable source other than words that were typed.

Welcome to the Hype. :unishr:

Welcome to the Hype and very good. It sounds good I hope it all comes true.

Awesome. Can't wait to see Spider Man in a car chase scene (the second action scene in part 2 doesn't count). It reminds me a bit of the Bad Boys II freeway chase (with flying, crashing cars), but then again, Bad Boys II didn't have an uber-cool baddie and super:spidey: hero.

Good job...thanks for the information...I have seen enough to know that it will be a kick ass scene...

If done correctly I think the car surfing could be cool but without seeing the scene in action it sounds cheesy. Everything else sounds great though!

*Good Grief*... Surfing on a car door... NOW THAT says Spidey... or actually... more Bart Simpson..."Cowabunga Dude!!!" :rolleyes: SHEEESHHH :mad:

Raimi... and his Cheese Factory. :down :down

And Repeat Central once again... first surfing on his back in SM2, not on a car door. DAMN IT!! :down

Spider-Grrl1516 said:
TheSlag, I need your help.

???... you need a back massage??? A... a.... "FRONT MASSAGE?!?!?!?!" ;)

What's up?

There is this idiot who won't listen to reason and is going around spreding anger and hate. His name is Blind_Fury.

TheSlag said:
*Good Grief*... Surfing on a car door... NOW THAT says Spidey... or actually... more Bart Simpson..."Cowabunga Dude!!!" SHEEESHHH

Raimi... and his Cheese Factory. :down :down

And Repeat Central once again... first surfing on his back in SM2, not on a car door. DAMN IT!! :down

Not to worry Slaggo, I hear they've got a neat-o Huey Lewis and The News song for that scene. :D :o

*Spidey suddenly hops off to jump inside a burning building* ;)

Spider-Grrl1516 said:
There is this idiot who won't listen to reason and is going around spreding anger and hate. His name is Blind_Fury.

Ignore him, or if he's attacking on a personal level (without justification)... report it. Now... about that massage... you are over 18... right?!?!?!?!?!? :eek: ;)

The Green Goblin said:
Not to worry Slaggo, I hear they've got a neat-o Huey Lewis and The News song for that scene. :D :o

*Spidey suddenly hops off to jump inside a burning building* ;)

LOL... I hate to agree with SLY (from another thread)... but this (surfing on a car door) SMACKS of the old campy Batman TV Series... Maybe Adam West can make a cameo appearance (or better yet... Burt Ward (Robin))... and say "Holy Smoholy Batman... They're stealing our Sthick" :( :mad: :down

What's NEXT... "BIF BAMM POW" Balloons during the Fights?!?!?!?!?! $%^&*$%^&%^&$%^#$%@#$@#$ :mad:

This sounds like it's going to be a great GROUND/traffic fight. Something I don't think we've ever seen in a Spider-man movie before.

There was a bit of Spider-man in on-going traffic action in the second movie, but not very much. All this sounds awesome.

I think some people are gettin this wrong, his not just surfing on the door. It flies off after the crash and he Spiderman jumps out of the way of it since he was hanging on the back of the truck and lands on it. Hes now no longer holding on to the back of the truck with his hands, he shoots his web and is about 15 feet behind the truck surfing on the door holding onto the truck with his webs. I hope this clears some stuff up.

Cnizzel said:
I think some people are gettin this wrong, his not just surfing on the door. It flies off after the crash and he Spiderman jumps out of the way of it since he was hanging on the back of the truck and lands on it. Hes now no longer holding on to the back of the truck with his hands, he shoots his web and is about 15 feet behind the truck surfing on the door holding onto the truck with his webs. I hope this clears some stuff up.

^That does sound pretty cool.

Cnizzel said:

*Phew* Thanks for "clearing" that up. ;)

Still sounds like a) surfing b) cheesy and c) un-Spidey-like... oh he of the webbing and great agility who would NOT surf a car door... he would web off the armored truck or buildings to get to it.

And it's basically another rePEAT of SM2's "surfing" :rolleyes:

AND if you look at the pics, it's apparent that they are playing "up" the surfing angle by the action of the stunt man... *SHEEESH RAIMI* :down

TheSlag said:
*Phew* Thanks for "clearing" that up. ;)

Still sounds like a) surfing b) cheesy and c) un-Spidey-like... oh he of the webbing and great agility who would NOT surf a car door... he would web off the armored truck or buildings to get to it.

He's surfed on car doors in the comics before. Anything for you to ***** and complain about more TheSlag.

And it's basically another rePEAT of SM2's "surfing" :rolleyes:

OMG . . . he was being dragged on the road for like 2 seconds and swings back up.

TheSlag said:
AND if you look at the pics, it's apparent that they are playing "up" the surfing angle by the action of the stunt man... *SHEEESH RAIMI* :down

haha, I think a joke like that can be included without being too cheesy. I mean Spidey was all about wise-cracking, so I can totally see him surfing a cardoor, but the key is to not drag that joke out - and I trust Raimi's comedic timing entirely :)

Also, it sounds more like it's intended for action, not for laughs. If he wanted cheese, he'd play Surfin USA and have Spidey hanging 10 on the door - thats pushing it, but still do-able (for about 3 seconds).

However, it sounds less like surfing and more like waterski-ing, and he's only doing it to keep up w/ the truck without having his body dragged along the concrete :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"