Details on Sandman's car chase scene...

I don't see where this spat of pure pessism is coming from. The scene COULD blow all kinds of cheesy chunks (which you some of us seem to be convinced of)....OR (are you ready for this) it could actually be sweet as hell. :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

Visionary said:
There's cheese in pretty much all of Spidey's villains, silly/corny motifs to boot. Spider-Man comics has a lot of cheesy stuff in it, there's no way around it, it's apart of his making. And the cheese most of the times starts with Spidey himself.

1) There MUST be an alternate version of the Spidey Comics in "Oscar World"...read trashcan. Guess based on the rotten cheese... they belong "there".

2) Any costumed villain or hero, will have some apparent cheese just based on the fact they're wearing a costume, and NOT even when the costume helps with their powers... it's the nature of the beast. WE DO NOT NEED Spidey, posing in cheesy poses during the action sequences to "enhance" the cheese though. :down

Spider-Grrl1516 said:
Doc Ock!!! Thank goodness!! I need your help to stop this idiot troll.

That's what the moderators are for my dear ;)

PM Daisy or Lightning Strikez.They'll sort out your troll for you.

Doc Ock said:
I'm not going to pass full judgement until I've seen more,but from what we've seen,and if what we've heard about this scene is true,then yeah it is kind of out of place for a Spidey flick.

Car chases are not something you relate to Spidey villains....

You know how I feel about the characterization in these movies all too well.And the opportunites we missed with not just the villains,but the other characters too.

But I'll say this for Raimi,he does usually hire great actors,and has a pretty firm handle on the action scenes.Which is why I hope you're wrong about the impression you're getting off Sandman's little truck chase here.

1) Final judgement... NO. Just judgement on what we know at this point. It's called speculation, and that's what these boards are all about.
2) I'm sure the ante will be upped in later battles with Sandy, but regardless, this is a waste of some good effects, that with the right writing, could be GREATNESS. :(

cmill216 said:
I don't see where this spat of pure pessism is coming from. The scene COULD blow all kinds of cheesy chunks (which you some of us seem to be convinced of)....OR (are you ready for this) it could actually be sweet as hell. :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

And pigs could fly too... and your point would be???? We base our opinions on what we know. I don't see anything in this that gets me excited about it. Seeing Spidey "surf" (Surf's up *sheesh*) on a car door *yawn* He swings from skyscrapers... GIVE ME A BREAK! Lot of cars being smashed by a runaway armored car... BIG WHOOP!!! Show me some superpowered toe to toe action IF you're gonna smash up some cars or spend $$$$ on the special effects. :down

TheSlag said:
1) Final judgement... NO. Just judgement on what we know at this point. It's called speculation, and that's what these boards are all about.

Oh I know.Hey I wasn't knocking you over your speculation dude.I'm as wary as you are about this scene.Like I said,a car chase with a villain like Sandman is out of the ordinary.I don't believe I've ever seen one with him or any of Spidey's power house rogues in the comics.

2) I'm sure the ante will be upped in later battles with Sandy, but regardless, this is a waste of some good effects, that with the right writing, could be GREATNESS. :(

What you mean sand filling an armoured truck doesn't make you tremble with excitement?? :p ;)

TheSlag said:
Show me some superpowered toe to toe action IF you're gonna smash up some cars or spend $$$$ on the special effects. :down
You honestly think that you're NOT going to see this. You're looking at what will be a few minutes of a 2 hour + movie. You think they're suppose to show us Spider-Man fighting Sandman, GG2 and Venom complete with Special Effects, on a location shot, that's being filmed for ONE week, come on?

I'm pretty damn sure when the full length trailer come out, you'll see plenty of toe to toe action, and huge fight/special effect sequences, but not in these pics you're looking at.

TheSlag said:
2 Seconds? Assuming your rambling about these shots in SM3, I think NOT. Look at the stupid poses they have him in... they're playing it FULL CHEESE... :down COWAAABUNNNGAAA DUDE!!!!! :down

I think the poses they have him in are him dodging objects. He could be dodging cars or even Sandman trying to hit him.

Visionary said:
You honestly think that you're NOT going to see this. You're looking at what will be a few minutes of a 2 hour + movie. You think they're suppose to show us Spider-Man fighting Sandman, GG2 and Venom complete with Special Effects, on a location shot, that's being filmed for ONE week, come on?

I'm pretty damn sure when the full length trailer come out, you'll see plenty of toe to toe action, and huge fight/special effect sequences, but not in these pics you're looking at.

As I already said, since you OBVIOUSLY don't read... I'm sure they will improve the battles later in the movie. It STILL does NOT excuse the poor use of such effects, Special Effects $$$$, etc... to regulate Spider-Man to such cheese, and make the force in a superhero movie an out of control Armored Truck when you have TWO superpowered villains in the scene.

I guess, you would of been happy IF we just got the Train Fight scene in SM2, and the Bank scene was limited to Ock scaring some police cars into crashing eh???

A waste... plain and simple. AND... DOES NOT say MUST SEE TV (Movie ;) ) in the slightest.

Nebins said:
I think the poses they have him in are him dodging objects. He could be dodging cars or even Sandman trying to hit him.

I'm sure that's "part" of it, along with the Cheese factor. The point in the post you quoted was... the scene will be more than 2 seconds.

You know..... I kinda wish I didn't know about this chase with the Spidey surfing because I'm afraid that I might not be blown away when I see it. Kinda like when you know something for fact is gonna happen in a movie and your just waiting for it almost to get it over with. I believe these scene will be bad as hell though!!

About 2 months ago I had an idea and it was this:
What if when Spidey fights Sandy for the first time it goes like this. When Sandy robs a bank or whatever, he goes to break into an armored truck, that he materializes into sand and goes through the grill in the front and comes out in the air vents next to the Cop driver. Cop driver is like this can't be happening and blah blahblah Spidey shows up.
Now this isn't A+ speculation or whatever but I still think it would be cooler if Sandy went into the truck through air vents than ripping a hole in the top.
What do you think? Cheers! BTW Doc Ock, your now in my Top 10 Pound for Pound Poster Rankings. Congratulations

Murder said:
BTW Doc Ock, your now in my Top 10 Pound for Pound Poster Rankings.Congratulations

Ummmm thanks???

What the hell is Pound for Pound poster :confused:

I'm a Boxer and in professional boxing they have P4P rankings to see whose the best despite any weight. But it was just a way of saying " HEY YOUR ONE OF MY FAVORITE POSTERS, RIGHT ON" with a stab of comedy!:up: Cheers!

Ah right.Ok well thanks for the compliment.It's a rare thing to see some friendliness in this forum lately :up:

I appreciate the gesture.And I return the compliment :)

Hey folks, jsut got back from another day of filming.

Today they filmed some more crashes, surprise surprise, the most exciting by far was when the crane was rapidly spinning a car about 20 feet in the air and dropped it near the armored car. Thats supposed to be the part where Spiderman does the "Matrix" under the spinning car. It was quite amazing, they dropped it 3 times and the car ended up looking like tin foil. That was the main thing today.

And heres a nice little tidbit I heard from the AD himself, he said while he was desperately trying to find a bathroom, he went to the Union building. He was very impressed with it and said it became one of his favorite location for the shooting of "Wayne Manor" in the next Batman movie.

Take that for what you like. Good day.

I was there, and left after the first car-drop. Can't wait to see it on the big screen with all the special effects!

TheSlag said:
As I already said, since you OBVIOUSLY don't read... I'm sure they will improve the battles later in the movie. It STILL does NOT excuse the poor use of such effects, Special Effects $$$$, etc... to regulate Spider-Man to such cheese, and make the force in a superhero movie an out of control Armored Truck when you have TWO superpowered villains in the scene.
You're basing them making an armor truck the FORCE in the movie, because of a few set pics, that makes up a few minute of screentime? With your thinking, Spider-Man isn't going to fight Sandman or any villain without an armor truck around, lol. Like I said, you're not going to see any huge fight scenes with Special Effects/battles in an on location pic, so why determine what this superhero movie will be reduced to based on this. Sandman, GG2 and maybe (or should I say most likely) Venom--will be THREE superpowered villains (or forces as you put it) whom Spidey will fight. You sure as hell can't tell this by viewing a few set pics.:o
I guess, you would of been happy IF we just got the Train Fight scene in SM2, and the Bank scene was limited to Ock scaring some police cars into crashing eh???
No, I wouldn't have been happy at all, IF this happened. And the reason we know it didn't happen, because we saw the entire movie or at least some damn trailers, not a few set pics.
A waste... plain and simple. AND... DOES NOT say MUST SEE TV (Movie ;) ) in the slightest.
A waste to you, eh, what does that matter, it's the majority that counts? And I don't think this film is going to have a problem being a MUST SEE MOVIE.;)

Wo0w, talk about being a cry baby dramam queen. First of all I doubt this scene is more than 5 minutes, and spiderman wont be surfing on it the whole time, swinging and swinging gets old and theres only so many ways you can make it look interesting.

ITs little cool things that make up a big awesome fight, just like the train scene where every little peice adds up and its not just swing swing swing to look cool. I dont know what comics you're reading buddy but whatever, go watch matrix or something if you want coolness :rolleyes: You are the worst cry baby right next to Mr Parker and Bakerboy.

And again, the camera agles will make this look exciting, do you have any clue about how movies are made?

TheSlag said:
Not even close to the train battle. From an action standpoint, this scene is NOTHING like I would imagine in a Spidey flick. Sounds more like the movie Bad Boys I or II... or any other run of the mill action film. :down

Makes me wonder IF Raimi is really a fan, read the comics, etc... or knows the characters in costume that well. Seems that has been his weakness in SM1 and SM2 so far. As good as the villains in 1 and 2 have been, they COULD had been SOOOO much better with even a little effort... or understanding. :(

Your acting like this is the whole scene. This seems to just be the START of it.

I have to admit that I think the battle scenes in this film will be much better than the second film... look at how much of an improvement the second one had over the first... granted the second one could've even been better but the first film's action scenes were horrendous, especially when he's gone to save MJ from those crooks before upside down kiss and the last battle too. Spidey didn't kick enough ass at all, all he did was twirl around once, shoot a web at soem bricks and made them fall on a power rangeresque green goblin who starts screaming aaaghhh noooo just cuz of a wall of bricks... how does a damn wall of bricks hurt someone like the green goblin, it may... but SCARE him? he was putting his arms up like a friggin baby, that annoyed the hell out of me. The spider-man swings and carries him (like a mother to a child) and gently puts him against another brick wall and starts hitting him with these ever so weak typical HUMAN sucker punches... how ghey.

When spidey pounded a bad guy in the comcis, it was HUGE, not just a whap... bif, bop... it was POW and you could feel the bad guy almost fly out of the panel, especially when he went after Goblin after Gwen's death or when he absolutely battered the VERMIN in that one issue, he kept on smashing him over and over...

The other thing that's always been a classic from the cartoons and comics for a GG vs Spidey fight is spidey spinning a web which catches onto the Goblin's glider and the goblin takes him for a "ride." Those moments are so bad ass with spidey trying to hang on while the goblin swish flies inbetween buildings and up sky scrapers before smashing spidey into a building.

Like these shots (i couldn't find a bigger version of it but it perfectly shows what i'm talking about)
smggart.jpg
We needed to see Spidey fight with Goblin MORE IN THE CITY with rotating, twisting camera angles that should be mildly nauseating to give a very cool effect. Spidey against the glass while Goblin thrwos a grenade at him and him jumping off at the Goblin and latching on.

or more upside down camera angles like this
spiderandggross.jpg

Some seriously missed opportunities for huge aerial fight scenes with swinging cameras around them making USE of the city around them as they go from point to point... thankfully this was done more more well in Spidey 2 but i'm seriously hoping for some scenes like this in the third film. More city wide aerial action WITH MORE FEATS OF SUPER HUMAN STRENGTH... whenever spidey punches someone it reminds me of the old stupid nicholas hammond show... Spidey should SMASH and the guy should go a certain distance or feel the pain immensely, unlike Doc Ock who took about 15-20 full on 10 ton pressure punches and was human and didn't even flinch.

Spidey NEEDS to be unleashed in this film huge time... the Cameron scriptment still has it best when Sandman and Spidey are slugging it out on the bridge, they're breaking each other apart even though spidey is losing cuz of Sandman being sand, they're smashing each other

Doc Ock said:
Ah right.Ok well thanks for the compliment.It's a rare thing to see some friendliness in this forum lately :up:

I appreciate the gesture.And I return the compliment :)

agreed, people like to pick fights around here.

Hah! This car chase scene sounds superb, can't wait to see it on-screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"