Dick Grayson as Nightwing and the defending of the original Jason Todd.

I definately agree Cain. I still love TLH but as of late Loeb has disappointed me (Hush). I've got a tonne of respect for him still and I still consider myself a fan. Dini however has continually impressed me with his work so I think I'd call him my favorite Bat-writer.

That is of course until Kevin Smith starts his new project or until Millar does a Bat-run. Then it might change.

i am one who only collects tpb's & the best Dini has is Batman Detective... i don't read issue for issue because 1 it's too expensive & 2 some issues just simply aren't worth having

i must say great thread.

Always loved nightwing, the comic book world shouldn't be afraid of growing new heroes and killing off older ones, i believe nightwing is the first step of superhero evolution, people just have to be able to let go of the older ones.

with relatively fresh characters you've seen mature, there are far more opportunities to advance their story lines without always thinking of them as past sidekicks of other heroes.

personally, i would like to see nightwing take someone like damien under his mantle and see what lessons he uses directly from bruce and what lessons he develops from himself to make it work.

I've always found the collaboration between dick and tim in the future to be fascinating.

we're lucky to have good second generation characters in dc, marvel's are kinda weak bar generation x (sometimes).

You know I would be interested to see Nightwing take on a side-kick or a partner but I doubt very seriously that he would.

I just started reading Nightwing again with RIP and so far it's the best thing that's come from it for me. I'm going to keep reading them for sure. Right now my favorite bat-books are Nightwing and Robin.

Jason Todd is probabley my favourite Robin. He had an edge and was reckless and kind of dangerous which made him intresting. I think he kind of represents the kind of extreme dark kind of Batman frank miller and others write. The fact that he was flawed and kind not as clean cut as Grayson and Drake was fun.

Im just barely starting to read Batman, but for some reason i really like Jason Todd. Probably for the reason he was brutally murdered, yet came back to life, and was angry at bats for not handling the clown. I dunno, but Jason Todd was created by Gerry Conway and we all know who he created...

Their origins seem really similar in a way, Punisher lost his family after fighting in nam by criminals, Jason was murdered by joker, but batman never killed Joker like Jason wanted. I want to see a team up with Punisher and Jason Todd.

Im just barely starting to read Batman, but for some reason i really like Jason Todd. Probably for the reason he was brutally murdered, yet came back to life, and was angry at bats for not handling the clown. I dunno, but Jason Todd was created by Gerry Conway and we all know who he created...

The original Jason Todd. The "new" Jason Todd was created by Max Allan Collins. Both are notably different. And BTW, IMO the Punisher was a really bad creation, not so bad for one story or as a second-rate Spider-Man villain, but as a full anti-hero.

well thats your opinion, but in my opinion The Punisher is the best thing that ever happened to comics. Second rate, have you read any of the MAX titles? I seriously doubt it. I guess because you live in a fantasy world were a masked man with no powers can defeat gods with prep time and the support of "realism" obsessed fans, keep a murdering clown alive while depending heavily on a justice system rife with failures; you consider anything but, "second rate."

No, I just came in here not trying to talk **** like you are, but to discuss Jason. Jason and Punisher would be an interesting story because you have a marine who kills combined with a ninja who kills as well. (If Jason really wanted to piss of the Bat he should don his old costume and toss criminals off rooftops like Bob Kane originally intended.

IMHO it's the same Jason whether a new writer resurrected him or not. Pac-man was licensed by Atari, but created by Namco, sent out to Hanna Barbera for the show, but despite all that Namco created Pac-man. I think from now on you should keep your opinions to yourself. You [EXPLETIVE PROGRESSIVE] moron.

stanpunish.jpg

Keep it up and I'll post highlights from Deathstroke the Hunted

well thats your opinion, but in my opinion The Punisher is the best thing that ever happened to comics. Second rate, have you read any of the MAX titles? I seriously doubt it. I guess because you live in a fantasy world were a masked man with no powers can defeat gods with prep time and the support of "realism" obsessed fans, keep a murdering clown alive while depending heavily on a justice system rife with failures; you consider anything but, "second rate."

No, I just came in here not trying to talk **** like you are, but to discuss Jason. Jason and Punisher would be an interesting story because you have a marine who kills combined with a ninja who kills as well. (If Jason really wanted to piss of the Bat he should don his old costume and toss criminals off rooftops like Bob Kane originally intended.

IMHO it's the same Jason whether a new writer resurrected him or not. Pac-man was licensed by Atari, but created by Namco, sent out to Hanna Barbera for the show, but despite all that Namco created Pac-man. I think from now on you should keep your opinions to yourself. You [EXPLETIVE PROGRESSIVE] moron.

stanpunish.jpg

:hehe:

You are a funny little boy.

stanpunish.jpg

:wow:

stanpunish.jpg

I'm all about the Punisher I think he's a great character but the BEST thing that happened to comics?

Come on you can't be serious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"