Your favorite or who you think is the best robin?

Oh wait. I didn't read the thread title carefully, let me clarify my answer.
The best and most skilled Robin was Dick Grayson.
My favorite though is Tim Drake.

The Joker said:
Everyone here already knows, I LOVE DICK. Dick is awesome. I like to see Dick alone too, not just with Batman. Although it's pretty clear Batman also loves Dick, he just can't admit to anyone how much he loves Dick, cause he's afraid loving Dick will take away from his bad ass persona. But Dick is great.

Apparently Dick is very popular with women as well.

Sloth7d said:
Oh wait. I didn't read the thread title carefully, let me clarify my answer.
The best and most skilled Robin was Dick Grayson.

That's debateable. I think Dick is physically more capable, and generally more bad ass than Tim. However, I think it's pretty well-established that Tim's detective skills are second only to Batman's.

I'm trying to phrase this so I don't sound like a jerk (because I really don't mean any offense by it), but I can't so, I'll just ask it...what's so great about Dick's personality to you?

To me, he's always seemed to have a rather submissive, sorta low self-esteem type of personality. Y'know, you'll hear him say stuff like "What would Batman think of this", "what would Batman think of me," etc., etc. It seems like he's very...obessed with Batman.

Granted, I haven't read a great deal of comics featuring Dick (maybe 30 issues of Nightwing, and some various 70s and 80s Batman stuff), but that has seemed to be a rather consistant personality trait. To me, at least.

Tim however, from what I've read of him (Robin, Teen Titans, etc.) seems to me a lot more of his own man. He's less centered on this...hero worship with Batman, and seems to have a lot more confidence in the things he does, and the decisions he makes.

Again, I'm not trying to say Dick sucks (ha:o) or anything, but I just have never really seen whatever it is that turns people onto him. As Robin or Nightwing. (except in Robin: Year One - admittedly, I thought he was great in that)

My favorite Robin is Jason Todd. Especially when he was dead. That's how all Robins should be: dead.

NO bashing in my thread if your not a fan of robin just don't come in.

What's up with this damien character he seems kind of cool but crazy?

I can't find anything on him in wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Son_of_the_Demon
Grant Morrison 's first Batman story, titled "Batman and Son", expands upon 'The Son of the Demon' storyline as part of a possible remodeling of Batman's personality after the events of Infinite Crisis. The first several chapters have seen print. DC has recently begun a new printing of "Batman: Son of the Demon", stating "A new printing of the classic work tying into the BATMAN story by Grant Morrison and Andy Kubert, in standard comics size for the first time!". In a recent issue of BATMAN, the child's in-continuity name is Damien, possibly a play on the word "demon".

Tim Drake is The best Robin . Then Dick Grayson [before he became Nightwing.]

I hate Jason todd :mad:

CConn said:
I'm trying to phrase this so I don't sound like a jerk (because I really don't mean any offense by it), but I can't so, I'll just ask it...what's so great about Dick's personality to you?

You are thinking entirely too much of Dick Graysons college years when he was still Robin, but not entirely Batman's sidekick. It was at that time that he felt like he was in Batman's shadow...but Dick really looks up to Bruce. Bruce is his second father. He respects Bruce, but he always disliked it when Bruce was disapproving of his methods. It's understandable why he was, the w he was, at that time. But as you read on, when he becomes Nightwing, he becomes more than capable, in an emotional sense. Robin is a great leader, and can effectively carry out Batman-esque agendas, without as much need to be kind of a jerk (like Batman does sometimes).

Arach Knight said:
You are thinking entirely too much of Dick Graysons college years when he was still Robin, but not entirely Batman's sidekick. It was at that time that he felt like he was in Batman's shadow...but Dick really looks up to Bruce. Bruce is his second father. He respects Bruce, but he always disliked it when Bruce was disapproving of his methods. It's understandable why he was, the w he was, at that time. But as you read on, when he becomes Nightwing, he becomes more than capable, in an emotional sense. Robin is a great leader, and can effectively carry out Batman-esque agendas, without as much need to be kind of a jerk (like Batman does sometimes).
Actually, the great bulk of what I've read of Dick Grayson was from his Nightwing series (a mix of both Dixon's and Devin Grayson's run).

I will admit, the first issue of Marv Wolfman's new run was much better in terms of characterization - and I've heard what he does with Grayson in his New Teen Titans series was just as good.

Wolfman is truly a credit to the industry. Check out any Teen Titans or New Titans books, and you can get a feel for what makes Dick Grayson such a strong character. He is beyond capable, as a leader, and he can hold his own, with his mostly metahuman team mates. As for Dixion...his wonderful Year One takes (Robin and Batgirl) can further illustrate how impressive Dick was, as Robin. Dick has endured every single tragedy/bad situation, that has fallen upon every other ward/pupil of Batman. He's been beaten with a baseball bat by two face (much like jason todd was beaten by Joker with a crow bar). He was in the League of Assassins (much like Cassandra is now) and he was shot by the joker (Just like babs). Yet he isn't a villain, didn't get killed, nor became cripple. This is why i respect Dick Grayson so much. Tim Drake is still my favorite though. He has more love for his role as both side kick and leader...as shown in Young Justice and Teen Titans.

Dick Grayson is such a good leader that when the JLA died in the Obsidian Age, Batman had probes go around all the world to recruit the new JLA and Dick was made leader.

Dick is extremely too serious of a character, I thought that because tim wanted to be robin that he is serious but he has fun doing it.

I see it quite the other way around. For Dick, it was always a means of escaping school work and busting heads (at least as portrayed in Dixon's, Robin Year One). Tim does have fun, but that is mainly because he has friends. Otherwise, Tim almost takes this more seriously than Batman. I remember how upset Tim got, when he found out that Batman revealed himself to the JLA. Robin took a long time to reveal himself to his team mates. In fact on one of their first group get togethers, they played Truth or Dare. The dare for Robin, was to take off his mask. Since he had already deduced that such a challlenge would be issued, because such a game would be played, he wore a spare mask, beneath his other mask. Tim has fun, but believe me, Robin for him is a serious duty. He's all business, when he has to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"