The Dark Knight TDK brings the Batman mythos up to speed.

Golgo-13

The Return of the O.G
Reaction score
Here's what i concluded. TDK basically brings the majority of the Batman mythos up to where they're sopposed to be:

By the end of Batman Begins

1)Batman had just started crime fighting
2)He has established a relationship with Gordon
3)Rachel Dawes was the one Bruce wanted, aka the love interest
4)Gordon was only a Lt.

By the end of TDK

1)Batman is back to FULL vigilante status, and not walking/standing around with the poilice despite Gordon clearly saying "There's a warrant to arrest the Batman on sight", to Dent.

2)Gordon has now become who we knew he was destined to become, Commissioner Gordon.

3)Gordon and Bats now trust each other 100%.

4)
Rachel Dawes is dead
Yes Bruce Wayne should not have a solo love interest like other heroes, i.e Peter Parker and Mary Jane. His public image is as a playboy and womanizer. Eliminating his love interest brings Wayne back to his reknown bachelor status.

That's all i can think of now.

I posted this because i've read ppl complaining about several points in the movie/s but i don't think some are looking at this as parts of a bigger picture, where BB was just a set up for TDK, and TDK a set up for Batman 3.

Batman 3 will now have all the mythos in place, and established.

Joker knowing that Gordon has a relationship with Batman and that Gordon is a lot like him. Thus he might target his family.....as Gordon feared to begin with.

Gordon will now be taking a stronger stand against his own people being even slightly crooked.

The Mob is pretty much a thing of the past.

At the same time though - things are NOT on par.

Wayne manor / batcave?
Bat signal?
public opinion of Batman being positive

(I'm sure there's more, but some things are still slightly "off".)

- Jow

I agree we get to see Batman go through the different aspects of his life than make him stonger as a character!

Well, there will be some who are for Batman and some of the public who are against him. That's the way he's always been. Despite the cops murders he took the heat for, there will be citizens who praise Batman for supposedly
killing' Maroni, etc.
That's the essense of the Batman character.

As far as the batcave is concerned, i got the notion from Alfred that the mansion is almost complete, therefore the cave should/will be up and running in B3.

Does anyone know the timelime between BB and TDK?

Batman's reinvention of Lucius' sonar device started pushing him towards becoming a control freak.

I wonder how this will be resolved if there is a third movie.

??????
I'm interested to see how "fast" they speed things up...in comic book world it can seem forever and a day before everything comes full circle.
In films it's usually the trilogy everthing is nicley tied up.
Except sometimes three is not
the charm...ie:Blade 3,Spider-Man 3 and WTF happened to X-Men 3???? :brucebat:

My assumption is that dent killed the driver to kill the other passenger. Was Maroni even wearing a seatbelt?

Can't remember, but it didn't look like that much of a crash and he seemed pretty solid on the coin judgment thing, he didn't cheat with the Joker or the lady cop.

Can't remember, but it didn't look like that much of a crash and he seemed pretty solid on the coin judgment thing, he didn't cheat with the Joker or the lady cop.

no maroni wasn't wearing a seatbelt but im guessing he's still alive

Hey looks its the Jokers "Goon" ^

Let me Guess the Bus Driver right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"