Superman Returns did superman regret that he left for krypton?

I agree with this as well but, and I'm sure you know this, this was the irony that Singer was going for. Here is this man that can literally stop bullets with any part of his body, who can outrun trains, who can save crashing planes etc.., yet is still effected by "simple" emotions and feelings. Singer is showing us that this is his weakness outside of a physical threat.

And that as an idea works fine, and I would say is consistent. But the execution of the concept is what I find wrong.

He's affected by simple emotions- But why does he act like an immature high schooler instead of a mature adult? We're all affected by our emotions, but it's our moral and ethical compass that determines what we do with them and how we react to them.

That's what bothers me and that I find out of character.

The question this thread asks is answered with a single line in the movie:

"I'm sorry I left Lois"

Why did we need all these pages?

Qwerty©;11462393 said:
The question this thread asks is answered with a single line in the movie:

"I'm sorry I left Lois"

Why did we need all these pages?

Because we are a chatty lot.:oldrazz:

If I may be so bold.....

A humble attempt to re-write the controversial "spying" scene…….maintaining the intent of the scene and Superman's ethical nature.

Richard and Lois' discussion re. her past with Superman would accur after Superman leaves.

Superman flying, stops over a waterfront home hovers momentarily than begins his descent.
Cut to the homes interior where Lois and Richard are preparing dinner, while Jason plays in the family room.
The front doorbell rings.
Richard stops his dinner prep and says, “I’ll get it.” And heads for the door.
He opens the door to find Superman standing at the door. Naturally he is taken aback by the visitor.
The meeting is awkward in nature.
Superman senses this, “Ah…..Goodevening……… Is Ms. Lane here?”
Richard, “Yes, yes she is…uhm…She’s in the kitchen. I’m Richard White.”
Jason looks up….
Superman, “Nice to meet you Richard.” Superman offers his hand to Richard, “I’m……S”
Before Superman can speak Jason runs to the door gleefully yelling “Superman!!!!”
Richard says, “This is Jason.”
Superman, “Hi Jason, how are you?”
Jason excited beyond belief, “Fine….Mommy come quick, he’s here and he is real!!!!!.”
Lois comes out of the kitchen looks at Jason then Superman, “I know Jason……”
Superman, looks up from Jason to Lois,”Good evening Ms. Lane. Since I’ve been away quite a while I thought perhaps you could help me catch up on any developments that occurred while I was gone, but I can see you’re just getting ready for dinner, and I apologize for interrupting. Perhaps at some other time?”
Lois says, “Yes, sure….why not.....of course…..”
Superman, “Great….Well, it was nice meeting you Richard, and very nice meeting you Jason….,” after a very brief glance at Lois,” Goodnite all.”
Superman turns and lifts up into the sky.
That was very good Afan. I like it....its sounds more appropriate and suttle than the bizarre scene we got. I felt it was an unconfortable situation for Superman to be in and that many took the easedropping the wrong way and to be out of character. They could have gotten the same effect out of the scene you just described. Superman leaving seeing how Lois has moved on and adjusted to having a family leaving Superman feeling alone and alienated. And we would have gotten some sort of interaction between Superman and Richard first hand. Once he left the audience would have saw the conversation unfold between Lois and Richard and how he felt. It could have achieved the same goal more effectively.

That was very good Afan. I like it....its sounds more appropriate and suttle than the bizarre scene we got. I felt it was an unconfortable situation for Superman to be in and that many took the easedropping the wrong way and to be out of character. They could have gotten the same effect out of the scene you just described. Superman leaving seeing how Lois has moved on and adjusted to having a family leaving Superman feeling alone and alienated. And we would have gotten some sort of interaction between Superman and Richard first hand. Once he left the audience would have saw the conversation unfold between Lois and Richard and how he felt. It could have achieved the same goal more effectively.

Thanx, much.

I think I have a solution that will the make spying/George McFly scene easier to swallow for those that have trouble with it. As we all know, there is a period of time between S:TM and SR that has not been covered on film which the audience has to/can basically fill in for themselves. In interviews Singer has said he does not go by the relationship between Superman and Lois in S2, so we are basically left to imagine what that relationship was like in between S:TM and SR.

One scenario I thought of was that maybe one time after a date between the two, Superman mentions that he is off to fly around Metropolis to monitor the area(a sort of nightly surveillance). At this point Lois mentions to him sort of jokingly and serious, "Oh yea, just don't forget to check up on me before the night is through". So, Superman takes it upon himself every night to check up on Lois after his nightly fly through Metropolis.

He does this checking up on her by hovering near her apartment or landing near it and looking in with his X-ray vision to make sure everything is ok and she is safe. Then this becomes routine to him, doing this every night to check up on her and of course she is fine with this because she mentioned it to him.

Then, cut to SR, where Superman tries going back into his habit by checking up on her and checking to see she is safe and then we see what we saw in SR. That he is not really needed anymore like he once was because she has Richard there with her and now Superman sees the family completely together making him feel truly alone.

How does this scenario sound for everyone? :yay:

I think I have a solution that will the make spying/George McFly scene easier to swallow for those that have trouble with it. As we all know, there is a period of time between S:TM and SR that has not been covered on film which the audience has to/can basically fill in for themselves. In interviews Singer has said he does not go by the relationship between Superman and Lois in S2, so we are basically left to imagine what that relationship was like in between S:TM and SR.

One scenario I thought of was that maybe one time after a date between the two, Superman mentions that he is off to fly around Metropolis to monitor the area(a sort of nightly surveillance). At this point Lois mentions to him sort of jokingly and serious, "Oh yea, just don't forget to check up on me before the night is through". So, Superman takes it upon himself every night to check up on Lois after his nightly fly through Metropolis.

He does this checking up on her by hovering near her apartment or landing near it and looking in with his X-ray vision to make sure everything is ok and she is safe. Then this becomes routine to him, doing this every night to check up on her and of course she is fine with this because she mentioned it to him.

Then, cut to SR, where Superman tries going back into his habit by checking up on her and checking to see she is safe and then we see what we saw in SR. That he is not really needed anymore like he once was because she has Richard there with her and now Superman sees the family completely together making him feel truly alone.

How does this scenario sound for everyone? :yay:

Something like that seems reasonable, but without it in the film it's neither here nor there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"