Comics Did you buy it? Or no?

Doc Destruction

Geaux Saints!
Reaction score
And why?

I left the third option in there because things aren't always cut and dry.

By the way, I did not. Thumbbed through it in the store. Not for me. I felt nauseous watching Pete with anyone other than MJ.

I can't do it. Well, I suppose I could, I just won't. OMD was awful. A lot of recent Spidey events have been. Though I'd like to believe that things were about to go on the upswing and have wanted to see Slott on Spidey for some time, giving Marvel my $2.99 (or $8.97) here is the proverbial 'Thank you, sir. May I have another?" ...without the tangential presence of John Belushi.

I am not buying it. Not even flipping through it.

Didn't buy it. If Queseda's plan is to replace the old readers with new ones, then I'll do my part.

I remember buying it, but I can't remember what any of the pages looked like.

:cwink:

(that's a no..!..)

Nope.

Wouldn't waste my money on this s***!

Nope Im waiting for the trade to see how this crapfest is gonna turn out. If they can at least address some of these problems and continuity changes down the line, I may get back into ASM. Until then, nope nada

I'm debating. I don't like what they've done, and I'd like to not buy it to send my message across. But as a collector...I hate having holes in my collections.

I guess, I'll go to the comic shop when I get a chance this week. If they are sold out, that's fate telling me don't pick it up. If it's in...well, I guess I'll just fill the hole in my collection.

Enjoyed the bad place out of it! and this is coming from someone who has barely liked Spider-Man in 6 years!

Not buying it! I'm done with giving Marvel money, have been since OMD part 2.

I'm putting my money towards my daughter, back issues, and the Essentials...not a hack-EIC with an agenda.

I bought it 5 minutes ago... and I'll be reading it in 5 more minutes.

The reason that I bought it because it's Spider-Man, and I have followed his career since the mid-70's. And while I have utter disgust over what happened with OMD, I am still going to buy the books until I cannot stomach them anymore.

And truth be told, there were FAR MORE REASONS to stop buying Spider-Man comics in the last 20 years other than OMD. So I am going to see where this goes and I will enjoy the ride along the way.

Thanks for your time in reading my post.

Best regards,

Mike

:batty:

I bought it.

It was pretty much what I figured it would be.

An almost impossible read to enjoy even though it was solid. I hate that Harry's back and I hate that Aunt May no longer knows the "secret". That was pretty much the only thing making her an interesting character and now that she no longer knows about Peter being Spider-man, she's basically useless. It's a bit disturbing reading some of the really forced comments about Peter being too young for marriage and having a man in a Spider-man mask yelling out "Shut the **** up and give me your money". Heh feels like Joey Q is behind the mask. The back stories were completely worthless. Only bright Spot was seeing Land's beautiful art.

Anyway, I want to enjoy Dan Slott's run badly. I really do. I've been waiting for him to take over a Spider-man title for years now. Unfortunately it had to come under such awful circumstances.

And truth be told, there were FAR MORE REASONS to stop buying Spider-Man comics in the last 20 years other than OMD. So I am going to see where this goes and I will enjoy the ride along the way.

Care to elaborate?

Care to elaborate?

Just off the top of my head...

The Norman Osborn ressurection... one of comic's WORST moments. He should have stayed buried in the ground. And the way they painted him out to be the one "responsible" for all of Peter's bad luck since ASM #121 was just ridiculous. To give one villain that much power over Spider-Man was ludicrous.

The Clone Saga itself was far too long... but the Spider-Man era AFTER the Clone Saga... forced stories trying to convince fans to come back and silly ideas like Chapter One and upgrading the originals Stan & Steve stories... stupid and quite unecessary.

The Byrne/Mackie relaunch which came off as VERY forced... bringing about the retcon of Aunt May's death and making her a silly old woman waiting for her next heart attack. At least this time, they're giving her a bit of a backbone and a life.

Too many lame and silly Venom/Carnage/symbiote stories...

The last 80 issues of Web of Spider-Man was such a weak run, I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did...

And that's just the top of my head... The Spider-Man books (with a few shining moments... Sacosa's Sensational being one example) have been terrible since the early 300's of ASM, and that includes OMD being right up there. When I think about it, it surprises me that Spidey fans were created at all during the last 25 years... when you consider the mediocre and lame stories (again, with a few exceptions).

I can't relate to someone that makes a deal with the devil to throw away his 20 year marriage.

This is one thing I hate. When I read the reason why the posters who are still reading ASM are still reading it, why is it always despite OMD? Haven't we as Spider-man readers been reading ASM despite of the horrible stories since The Gathering of five? Sins Past? The Other? Why continue reading a comic despite it's continuous string of erroroneous story telling, rather than find a new comic you can read for it's lack of horrible stories? I'm sorry to rant, but I hate how everyone has to continue read ASM despite the last story arc.

Just off the top of my head...

The Norman Osborn ressurection... one of comic's WORST moments. He should have stayed buried in the ground. And the way they painted him out to be the one "responsible" for all of Peter's bad luck since ASM #121 was just ridiculous. To give one villain that much power over Spider-Man was ludicrous.

The Clone Saga itself was far too long... but the Spider-Man era AFTER the Clone Saga... forced stories trying to convince fans to come back and silly ideas like Chapter One and upgrading the originals Stan & Steve stories... stupid and quite unecessary.

The Byrne/Mackie relaunch which came off as VERY forced... bringing about the retcon of Aunt May's death and making her a silly old woman waiting for her next heart attack. At least this time, they're giving her a bit of a backbone and a life.

Too many lame and silly Venom/Carnage/symbiote stories...

The last 80 issues of Web of Spider-Man was such a weak run, I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did...

And that's just the top of my head... The Spider-Man books (with a few shining moments... Sacosa's Sensational being one example) have been terrible since the early 300's of ASM, and that includes OMD being right up there. When I think about it, it surprises me that Spidey fans were created at all during the last 25 years... when you consider the mediocre and lame stories (again, with a few exceptions).

I thought ASM was excellent, right up until the last page of #365...for me, everything from THAT point on has been 50/50...

I thought ASM was excellent, right up until the last page of #365...for me, everything from THAT point on has been 50/50...

Oh crikey, that's when the parents showed up wasn't it?

That's actually a pretty good cut off point for Spider-Man in general when you think about it.

There are some people that should NEVER be showing up in spidey comics ever again...

1. Gwen or Gwen Clones.

2. Versions of Pete's Parents.

3. Any more Osborns coming back to life.

4. The Devil.

5. Clones of Spidey.

Out of all these tho, and tho i am very sick of gwen clones over the years....Spidey making a deal with the devil to revive an old women for the trade of a marriage is the worst so far.

I bought it because I love Spidey and as I have said before, even though there haven't been good storylines, I will live through it because Spider-Man means so much to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"