Comics Did you buy it? Or no?

Somewhat, I just couldn't come to grips with the glaring continuity glitches and Harry being alive and thinking does this mean lil'Normie doesn't exist? Just a big headache.

Lil'Normie is alive...

:yay:

But it's not a fresh start for Peter's karma. He'll always have made a deal with the devil. The character is a faustian bargainer now. That'll always be a part of him.

No, that will always be in your head because you read it. I didn't.

Is Peter still a wife beater for slapping MJ around during the clone saga? (Or I suppose retroactively he'd be a girlfriend slapper.)

People do dumb ***t in comics. Ignore the stuff you don't like and let it die. Otherwise Batman still technically has a crazy brother out there somewhere.

Um, yeah, Peter's still a wifebeater. It happened. I try not to be too cavalier about continuity; that's how you wind up with stuff like OMD in the first place. As JMS pointed out, if things happen in an ongoing comic, the nature of the comic demands that you address them and their consequences. Not doing so is just plain lazy.

Um, yeah, Peter's still a wifebeater. It happened. I try not to be too cavalier about continuity; that's how you wind up with stuff like OMD in the first place. As JMS pointed out, if things happen in an ongoing comic, the nature of the comic demands that you address them and their consequences. Not doing so is just plain lazy.

I'll count the times JMS has used the continuity of those who came within 5 years before him that I recall.

A - When Spidey was angry that MJ left him and destroyed a building.

that is all....

*cough *

That man is the reason I quit Spider-Man for damn near 5 years. What he establishes as creed through his screwy sense of comic writing is of little consequence to me. Marriage or not, I'm sitting on Cloud 9 right now with Spider-Man restored properly.

I feel REALLY insanely bad for anyone who sat through The Other, Sins Past, Civil War, Back in Black, One More Day.

Blech, you can keep your continuity. I'll just throw in for the tip.

Well, I'm not reading it. The last couple years are a big insult to the readers. If they weren't going to do anything with the unmasking, they shouldn't have done it. That's the second dumbest thing ever done in a Spider-man comic book. The first being a deal with Mephisto.

It won't be the big seller they want it to be and they won't change any of this. It will make a bigger mess as usual.

If they weren't going to do anything with the unmasking, they shouldn't have done it.

That was a speculator tactic if anything, but from the standpoint of storytelling, here's the problem: Nu Marvel, or Quesada Marvel or ^^****** or whatever you wanna call it suffers horribly from decompression. You could've gotten a years worth of 12 stories but instead got 1 and a half or so dragged horrifically through the mud.

Slott has already established a great new status quo full of classic and new characters and 7 or so conflicts piled on each other in only 2 issues, and only 2 weeks. I'm quite content at the moment.

Three words...

2007-09-10T19_25_50-07_00.jpg

Is Peter still a wife beater for slapping MJ around during the clone saga? (Or I suppose retroactively he'd be a girlfriend slapper.)

OR maybe he remembers slapping SOMEONE, but not who!?? :cwink:

I'm paraphrasing a poster from another website...

BND is like a talented street performer who comes a long and starts doing their act next to the scene of a horrible accident... No matter how good they may be, it's hard to be entertained while there are still bodies lying in the road...

I really don't get you people who complained bitterly, yet would still buy this story. Continuity is dead, and what comes after is built on an offensive and lame premise whose ramifications are impossible to follow... or swallow.

:huh:

Totally agree. That's why I'd NEVER buy this crap. Not only to protest this lame move but because I just couldn't bare myself if I supported this move.

No, that will always be in your head because you read it. I didn't.

People do dumb ***t in comics. Ignore the stuff you don't like and let it die. Otherwise Batman still technically has a crazy brother out there somewhere.

It was one little reaction. No different from how movie Pete hit MJ. How does that make him a wife beater. He's not Ultimate Hank Pym, (or any form of Hank Pym written by Bendis for that matter).

I take it back. Pete is a wife beater.

Near-3.jpg

Or atleast Pino/SMino is.

i picked up the first one more day and hated it, so i was sick of this writer joe q art was horrible so i didnt bother lookin at the last 3. now horrible event, but new writer better artist i gave it a chance. 547 is a good spider-man comic. 8 out of 10

Amazing Spider-Man 546
POSITIVE >A good Spidey story, very refreshing. I like that it focuses on Peter and his hardships, while keeping a light tone. Also, great villain!
NEGATIVE >It's weird seeing Peter acting pretty immature at times. And the lack of action is noticeable.
GRADE >3.5/5

Amazing Spider-Man 547
POSITIVE >Better than 546. Things are more serious this time around, and Spidey in action is great to see! Peter is also acting more maturely and seriously in this issue, showing his heroic side for the first time in many months.
NEGATIVE >A lot of coincidence happening with the plot. Mr. Negative isn't as scary as 546.
GRADE >4/5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"