Directors

tyler-durden

Superhero
Reaction score
I was thinking everyone is always mentioning who they would want as the cast for the heroes but who would you want to direct these movies. We have Matthew Vaughn doing Thor, anyboody have any directing choices they want to mention.

I mentioned Tim Burton for Dr. Strange, I think he would direct it perfectly.

Micheal Davis (shoot 'em up) for Deadpool

Tim Burton should never be let anywhere near a pre-existing franchise.

For Dr. Strange, I think he would do a pretty good job, even though there are many other directors would do a better job I just can't think of any right now.

I always thought Steven Spielberg would make a good Captain America film… although I guess that stems from the same idea that people have about Spielberg making a good Superman film.

It's because Speilberg can make epic and Captain America ts supposed to be epic

Guillermo Del Toro will probably go on my list of favorite directors. I saw the Mimic ,Hell boy(was Ok) ,Pans labyrinth and recently Orphanage(strongly suggest to see it) which was all good movies.

I would like him to do Man thing. He s good with those kind of projects. :up:

manthing.jpg

Yeah you mean with like creatures and monsters and the weird type of films. He might even be good for Dr. Strange

Yeah you mean with like creatures and monsters and the weird type of films. He might even be good for Dr. Strange

Yep. The way I saw Rasputin in Hell boy. Del Toro can definitely do a good doctor Strange movie

hellboy-1.jpg

you don't mean his look do you?

no not the character look but the look in general the setting , the atmosphere he knows how to do it. Actually for doctor strange should have the same costume as in the comics. I Don't see why we need to change him.

I always saw Pierce Brosnan as doctor strange. he Is a bit old but I think he has what it takes to do it.

No, I think a younger actor should do it, There are a lot of actors who could play him.

Who do you have in mind..Johnny depp I suppose? He s also a good choice.

Damage Control- Kevin Smith
Shang-Chi: Master of Kung Fu- Prachya Pinkaew- he did Ong Bak and he bring Tony Jaa with him to play Shang-Chi too.
Heroes For Hire(or H4H as it'll be no doubt referred to)- Len Wiseman (Die Hard 4)
Dr. Strange- Peter Jackson

Peter jackson would end up making it long and boring with snippets of action unless he goes back to his days when he made the frighteners.

Damage Control- Kevin Smith
Shang-Chi: Master of Kung Fu- Prachya Pinkaew- he did Ong Bak and he bring Tony Jaa with him to play Shang-Chi too.
Heroes For Hire(or H4H as it'll be no doubt referred to)- Len Wiseman (Die Hard 4)
Dr. Strange- Peter Jackson

I Don really see peter jackson to do DR. strange but we never know he could surprise us.

Ong Bak had the coolest move ever seen but I wouldn't say the same thing for the storyline.

I Don really see peter jackson to do DR. strange but we never know he could surprise us.

Ong Bak had the coolest move ever seen but I wouldn't say the same thing for the storyline.

I'm thinking Peter Jackson because I see a Dr. Strange movie as starting out in the vein of one of those classic Hollywood melodramas- the cold, vane, brilliant surgeon whose hands get damaged and then goes on a search of self discovery and then it becomes this dark, supernatural epic.

As for Ong Bak- yeah, there was literally the bare bones of a story but it was all there to hang the action on. I suggested using the same director as sometimes western directors have watered down fight scenes compared to their asian counterparts.

Peter Berg for Deadpool. I think Deadpool has much more potential to be a great character peice than it has had the chance too.

Peter has done black humor(Very Bad Things), over the top, well-choreographed action (The Rundown), and drama (Friday Night Lights) fairly well on average with each genre. He now has a super hero flick coming out with Hancock, so hes working with major SFX. He also appears as an actor in lots of gritty crime movies which shares a tone with the way a DP movie might have. I think he is the perfect candidate.

Deadpool needs to be done. As long as they get the tone and the wisecracks right as well as the action. I'd worry that if it gets treated as a wacky action-comedy they'll skimp on the action.

Peter Berg is definitely a good choice for Deadpool, he also directed The Kingdom and he's really good, I started watching in the middle and couldn't stop watching.

Iron Fist- David Cronenberg doing the recent torunament storyline invloving all the creepy interesting fighters. I think he could do something way different from other super hero movies and that is what I am more concerned with regarding new superhero stories.

Peter Berg is definitely a good choice for Deadpool, he also directed The Kingdom and he's really good, I started watching in the middle and couldn't stop watching.

I forgot he did that. That makes me even more confident in him.

Tony Scott OR Ridley Scott for Daredevil (either's style would work)...or..."Dare" I say it...Ben Affleck to direct Daredevil !!! z0mg!

Peter Berg for Deadpool. I think Deadpool has much more potential to be a great character peice than it has had the chance too.

Peter has done black humor(Very Bad Things), over the top, well-choreographed action (The Rundown), and drama (Friday Night Lights) fairly well on average with each genre. He now has a super hero flick coming out with Hancock, so hes working with major SFX. He also appears as an actor in lots of gritty crime movies which shares a tone with the way a DP movie might have. I think he is the perfect candidate.

That sounds like the most plausible selection to me. I could easily see Berg doing a Deadpool movie. And you're right, just about every one of his movies has some quality that would need to be incorporated into a Deadpool film anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"