Directors

Affleck might do a better job behind the camera instead in front for this movie at least.

Guillermo Del Toro will probably go on my list of favorite directors. I saw the Mimic ,Hell boy(was Ok) ,Pans labyrinth and recently Orphanage(strongly suggest to see it) which was all good movies.

I would like him to do Man thing. He s good with those kind of projects. :up:
He was only a executive producer on El Orfanato.

But I agree with you. Del Toro could make a great Man-Thing movie.

I'd like to see Fuqua maybe take on Heroes for Hire

Cameron for the avenger.

Ridely Scott for thor ( did good with gladiator one of my best movie)

Antoine Fuqua for black panther

Spielberg for captain America

Quentin Tarantino for a 70S version of Power man & iron fist duo ( rated R)

If Sam Raimi or Peter Jackson ever go back to their roots with quirky cheap horror/comic cult faves one of the two could make a pretty interesting Howard the Duck using the Who Framed Roger Rabbit effects instead of a little person in a suit.

Brian Yuzna (writer for Re-Animator, director of Faust Love of the Damned) or maybe James Wan or David Lynn Bousman (the directors of the Saw franchise) could make a cool low budget horror noir Terror Inc. Maybe even Rob Zombie. I love each of their directing styles but their writing needs a little work. Add a charming horror cult actor, a Bruce Campbell type as the lead and theres the new cult smash.

Marvel needs to hire better directors for their movies, instead of using hacks like MSJ (DD & Ghost Rider), Ratner (X3), and Tim Story (FF) to helm the projects. They contributed to the decline in quality of Marvel movies that really hurt them for awhile, but I hope Iron Man & Hulk will pick them up again.

^^^^It could probably be argued that they were studio decisions. Iron Man and Hulk are done in house. This argument almost stands up for every quality issue regarding the past couple comic movies.

Tim Burton should never be let anywhere near a pre-existing franchise.

arnold%20thumbs%20up.jpg

^You could'nt find a bigger picture?

Anyway, I want Joss Whedon on either an X-Men film or F4 (preferably reboot). He does character interaction so well.

I would love to see Terry Gilliam take on Terror, Inc or The Eternals. Something in a sci-fi/fantasy project that relies partly on intense visuals.

del Toro was offered FANTASTIC FOUR right after HELLBOY, shame he did not take it!

I know Roman Coppola is a big DR. STRANGE fan and has been wanting to do a movie of him for years! Roman's CQ was a pretty good film!

I have no prob with Tim Burton. I like His style, I don't know if I would want him to direct as he really isn't a comic fan since he couldn't understand the boxes???? batman he did good except Joker killing bats parents and Batman Returns was a little off with pengy and catwoman's origin. On his Superman concept.... that would have been worse than Planet of The Apes!
say what you will will about some of the past directors like Story or MSJ, but they were under studio control, and they were FANS of the heroes or comics.
Burton Is not a fan of comics so unless he really grasped and understood the characters i'd rather not see him do any more comic adaptations.

Theres a difference between superheroes and comics. The director shouldnt have to adapt the project to his style but find a hero who fits his style naturally. Its why Batman worked in a superficial way and Superman wouldnt. There are characters he an do justice with especially one that is in a similar condition of as Blade where changes can be made and ACCEPTED.

He's Freaking weird

That's why he's so fantastic.

You keep your little average cap and beard director like Tim Story and MSJ while I enjoy the wondrous films and art Tim Burton creates.

Theres a difference between superheroes and comics. The director shouldnt have to adapt the project to his style but find a hero who fits his style naturally. Its why Batman worked in a superficial way and Superman wouldnt. There are characters he an do justice with especially one that is in a similar condition of as Blade where changes can be made and ACCEPTED.

yeah i agree. I Burton would be good if he had a character that fit his style. i couldn't see him doing Captain America or Fantasic Four that would be way out of his style.

Even though Thor has a director already, I would totally love to see Peter Jackson in a directing role. His eye for detail and story line as well as his Lord of the Rings experience would make Thor a movie that could take marvel towards a Oscar worthy super hero movie.

I think Peter Jackson is overrated. Between the action scenes i found both LOTR and King Kong to be pretty boring and long winded

Thor doesn't need to be Oscar worthy. It needs to please both hardcore fans and the moviegoers to be succesful for a sequel. Matt Vaughn is a great director so no need to dream about another director.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"