Discussion: Congress, The Senate, The House of Representatives - Part I

The sooner we get Hakeem Jefferies to become the next Speaker of the House, the better.
I don't see it happening. I think some repubs are calling the bluff of the rightwing nutjobs.If it does, so be it. Pass a rational border security bill and seal up November.

Such a wonderful upgrade from George Santos:

Souzzi is either being deceptive or naive.....If the republicans can hold the house (highly, HIGHLY unlikely), take the senate, and win the WH, the senate filibuster is no more....in, like, gone Leon.

Honestly, based on how the House has operated this year, I'm not convinced even the Senate GOP would be unified enough to kill the filibuster.

Honestly, based on how the House has operated this year, I'm not convinced even the Senate GOP would be unified enough to kill the filibuster.
IF they had the WH and the house, they'd do it. Even if there were a few that might hesitate (not a given), the political pressure would push them over the edge. Of this, I have no doubt.

In fact, the filibuster is going away the next time either party has control of both legislative branches and the WH.

House approves sell-or-be-banned TikTok measure, attaching it to foreign aid bill​

The Supreme Court has ruled in the past that corporations have due process rights, and this is another opportunity for them to do so.

House approves sell-or-be-banned TikTok measure, attaching it to foreign aid bill​

The Supreme Court has ruled in the past that corporations have due process rights, and this is another opportunity for them to do so.

And, of course she's not happy it passed. :rolleyes:

I also hope that Biden already had a lot of this aid in the pipeline and on the ground waiting for authorization to deliver it.

I'm just happy they finally passed SOMETHING. Ukraine must be thrilled.

I mean, the only ones opposing this was the traitor caucus.

I mean, the only ones opposing this was the traitor caucus
I'll be genuinely curious to see if you have the same assessment in a few years, after the Gaza/Lebanon/Syria and Ukraine wars turn into further and more obvious failures.

Well, either that or I'll have forgotten this discussion.

I mean, no matter the outcome in Ukraine, my opinion won't change. Ukraine deserves our support to repel an invader. And invader, who pretty early on showed that fighting to the death is likely to be better than just allowing them in.

The Middle East is the Middle East. Bibi belongs in jail. And to be frank, our big allies in the region, Saudi Arabia and Israel feel less and less like good allies. However, reversing decades of political policy that lead us here feels like a bad idea.

I mean, no matter the outcome in Ukraine, my opinion won't change. Ukraine deserves our support to repel an invader. And invader, who pretty early on showed that fighting to the death is likely to be better than just allowing them in.

The Middle East is the Middle East. Bibi belongs in jail. And to be frank, our big allies in the region, Saudi Arabia and Israel feel less and less like good allies. However, reversing decades of political policy that lead us here feels like a bad idea.
I'm on the same page. I don't like Putin's land grab and if he gets it, he won't stop there. Bibi has gone too far against Gazans and it needs to stop. Yes, Hamas committed a war crime, but now so has Isreal. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"