Discussion: Illegal Immigration, Immigration Reform, and Other Citizenship Issues II

Footage shows hundreds of migrants occupying French airport terminal

Footage posted on Twitter shows roughly 500 migrants chanting in Terminal 2 of the Charles de Gaulle airport as about a dozen police officers in tactical gear look on.

“France does not belong to the French! Everyone has a right to be here!” one person can be heard yelling into a loudspeaker.

The protest was organized by the migrant support group La Chapelle Debout, which said their members call themselves “Black Vests.”

The group comes amid the country’s months-long “Yellow Vests movement” over tax reforms. French citizens are required to carry yellow vests in their vehicles for emergencies.

In an official statement, the group asked to meet with Prime Minister Edouard Philippe over the country’s asylum policy as well as the leaders of Air France. They demanded that the airline “stop any financial, material, logistical or political participation in deportations.”

France doesn’t belong to the French...?

Good luck with that logic.

France doesn’t belong to the French...?

Good luck with that logic.

Yeah I worry that protesting groups like this one will actually end up hurting relations rather than helping them.

Their must be a large group of French people who are probably somewhere in-between "Lets let everyone in and we can all get along" and "these god damn immigrants are taking over our country" and they are more likely to be pushed towards the more right leaning view with protests like these.

Reasonably the West can’t absorb every asylum seeker/economic migrant, and if immigrant groups like this one keep pressing the idea that a nation doesn’t belong to the natives then the only logical conclusion is a mass adoption of right wing ideology, possibly to the point where someone like Le Pen wins the next election.

I’m progressive on many issues, but the concept that the West has to redeem itself for its sins by allowing absolutely everyone who knocks on the door to immigrate is stupid on multiple levels, least of all logistically.

Ironically the same rhetoric this group is punting with the “France doesn’t belong to the French” is precisely the approach all colonizers had before colonizing various other nations.

Listened to a lot of really interesting clips from one of Rogan's latest podcasts where he had Ed Calderon on.

Little Bio about him: For over a decade Ed worked in the fields of counter narcotics, organized crime investigation, and public safety in the northern-border region of Mexico. During this period he also coordinated and worked executive protection details for high-level government officials and visiting dignitaries — often in some of the most dangerous parts of the country.

Ed Calderon’s study in to the indigenous Méxican criminal culture, from occult practices to endemic modus operandi have lead him to be recognized as one of the worlds preeminent researchers and trainers in the field of personal security that have come out of Mexico.

The way he breaks down how the wall (which he is actually for) isn't really effective as a protective measure because so many Cartels have kids who were born in the US now. He also spoke about how the wall has actually "been good for business" for human traffickers as they can now charge a higher price than before.

The way he paints it makes Mexico sound like a 21st century wild west.

For some reason, I doubt the reason they give.

I'm sure a non-English speaking 6 year old will be able to represent themselves just fine in presenting their case for seeking asylum.

The kids that we know died in ICE custody? Likely going to be the tip of the iceberg.

If only those children chose not to go with their parents to try and find a better life in the U.S. instead of staying at home in their dangerous country where no one would take care of them.

The old "the ICE guys are literally Nazis" schtick again? Fun times.

At some point, you just have to acknowledge the truth. There is more than enough evidence that ICE and DHS are full of white supremacists. We are putting them in concentration camps.

Yea....the last few pages were not worthwhile or intelligent conversation.

I think part of the problem with ICE is that given this kind of power over other people, men tend to abuse it. We learned from the Stanford experiment that good boys can become sociopathic monsters when they're given a label of guard or criminal. ICE agents are the guards to the migrants' criminal and they're acting like it. This **** needs to stop.

I think part of the problem with ICE is that given this kind of power over other people, men tend to abuse it. We learned from the Stanford experiment that good boys can become sociopathic monsters when they're given a label of guard or criminal. ICE agents are the guards to the migrants' criminal and they're acting like it. This **** needs to stop.
A sad and unfortunate side affect of any criminal justice system. Power corrupts. I don't believe you can avoid it or prevent it.

At some point, you just have to acknowledge the truth. There is more than enough evidence that ICE and DHS are full of white supremacists. We are putting them in concentration camps.

You know damn well the connotation "concentration camp" has, and holding for processing ain't it.

Right. It's just "holding for processing."

They take away medication, kids die from illnesses, there are numerous stories of abuse (sexual and physical), the conditions are fit for only rats, etc.

It's amazing the lengths that people will go to to be able to shrug their shoulders and say "it's not that bad." Pathetic.

You know damn well the connotation "concentration camp" has, and holding for processing ain't it.

Holding for processing?

They've been there for months, by themselves, separated from their parents whom some of them will probably never see again because the administration neither knows nor cares how to reunite them because it's either too incompetent or too callous (or the real answer, both) to bother keeping track of the families it was separating.

They're crammed together far beyond the maximum number of people who are meant to be housed in the same cell. Their medication, some of which is essential, has been confiscated for....reasons?

And, I guess because he just likes to hurt people, which isn't breaking news given his whole decades-long patterns of behavior, Trump is cutting funding for the detained migrant children to have English lessons (because it's not already absurd enough to have a seven-year-old child try to represent himself at a hearing, let's also not bother ensuring he even understands or can speak a word of English beforehand), or physical exercise.

Because we've gotta cut that superfluous spending and save it for worthwhile stuff, like Trump going golfing every weekend, or his whole family flying all over the world at taxpayers' expense.

They're not being treated humanely by any stretch of the imagination.

And meanwhile a corporate hag like Besty DeVos is profiting every step of the way, between her companies building more of these, ahem, "processing centers" if that's what you want to call them, and funneling other people's stolen children into so-called "Christian" adoption facilities that are adopting out children who already have parents who've been deported back to Mexico or Central or South America while the government just....keeps their children.

Last edited:
Yes. They've been there for months. For, yes, processing, because they shred their Mexican documents before coming over and the authorities aren't going to just take people at their word without verifying. This many people, that takes time.

Of course it's not ideal, the whole system's swamped. You could always build more processing centers & hire a ****-ton more agents, but that'd be mean, right? Can't have that, just open the gates and see how it pans out instead.

A segment have been separated from their parents, don't act like it's a majority.

Nothing of which has anything to do with "concentration camps" as people think of them, due to that word having pretty specific connotations. Don't do it, basically. Immigrants in holding for processing isn't the same thing as work-you-in-the-fields-'til-you-die commie strongholds or industrial-gassing-people in Nazi Germany.

It's offensive as hell. Context is important.

"Offensive"?

Separating children from their parents and keeping the children while deporting the parents, with no clue how to reunite them later, is offensive.

It takes a giant steaming dump all over what "American values" supposedly stand for, and all over the Scripture that people like Betsy DeVos and even Donald freaking Trump of all people have the colossal chutzpah to invoke.

Holding for processing?

They've been there for months, by themselves, separated from their parents whom some of them will probably never see again because the administration neither knows nor cares how to reunite them because it's either too incompetent or too callous (or the real answer, both) to bother keeping track of the families it was separating.

They're crammed together far beyond the maximum number of people who are meant to be housed in the same cell. Their medication, some of which is essential, has been confiscated for....reasons?

They're not being treated humanely by any stretch of the imagination.

And meanwhile a corporate hag like Besty DeVos is profiting every step of the way, between her companies building more of these, ahem, "processing centers" if that's what you want to call them, and funneling other people's stolen children into so-called "Christian" adoption facilities that are adopting out children who already have parents who've been deported back to Mexico or Central or South America while the government just....keeps their children.
Its clear they are trying to de-incentivize people from using this particular process to immigrate into this country. They have added every barrier and roadblock they could conceive of and the crazy thing is it hasn't deterred anyone. Shows you how bad things are in other countries.

The privilege in this thread is showing. I'm not proud to be Canadian, I'm thankful as **** that I was born in a developed nation. I can't imagine what it would be like to leave your home on the off chance you can find a better one and people will accept you. Must be nice for some people not to have any empathy because they grew up without fearing for their lives on a daily basis.

One of my co-workers who pretty much makes me look conservative got in an argument with his Republican mom about migrants. Finally he said "Mom, if we were starving or surrounded by gang violence, what would you do?" And without hesitation she said "I would do whatever I had to do to get you out of there and keep you safe." And he was just like ".....yea?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"