Discussion: LGBTQ+ Rights XVI - Part 6

I know a few people in the state including a teacher and they are not exactly thrilled with this either but then they aren't Republicans either.

Yes, thats the threat, and not the network of sex abusers and pedophiles the Baptist churches have set up.

I would hope that church congregation shrank dramatically but my feeling is it won't shrink all that much. Too many "christians" are all too happy to be bigots under the guise of religious freedom and this is exactly the kind of bigotry they can feel good about even if it is built on lies.

Republicans point to the left, do all kinds of nasty and unsavory **** to the right while everyone is distracted.

Daily Kos - Trump proposes genocidal national ban on transgender existence if he wins 2024
Here are the proposals outlined in Trump’s genocidal three and a half minute rant:
  • Pass a bill that falsely claims there are only two genders, male and female
  • Reverse legislation for life-saving gender affirming healthcare
  • Ban all education of transgender and non-binary issues in schools nationwide
  • Ban transitioning for youth nationwide
  • Sign an executive order to end programs for gender transitioning for all ages nationwide
  • Criminalize and hunt doctors and educators who try to save transgender and non-binary lives

Also, if you think other identities aren't on their chopping block have I got news for you. This is the Nazi straight white male supremacist ideology.

You know, looking as some of the reaction to Wookieepedia trying to be a bit more inclusive, I am just wondering when conservatives are going to start attacing english class. Remove pronouns from the english language.

At their current pace sometime in 2024.

Putting money down on it'll be about six months until NYT just runs articles by Chaya Raichik about how trans people eat kids.

Really interesting watching for years as British news media (and American often, but we're focusing on Britain for this bit) putting "TRANS" in the headline of every trans person who has ever done anything wrong... never mentioning in reporting a murder tthat the victim was trans. Not even in the article. Maybe that's not why she was killed, but the fact that they're largely sidestepping it in this case seems is really telling about the narrative they wish to spin.

Oh, and by interesting, I mean deeply upsetting, horrifying, and predictable. So much of the news media is actively complicit in doing harm.

Last edited:

Bad news train keeps on rolling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"