Discussion: LGBTQ+ Rights XVI - Part 6

Elliot Page will continue to play the role of Vanya Hargreeves in “The Umbrella Academy,” the Netflix series about a family of superheroes that’s become one of the streaming service’s biggest hits.

Vanya is a cisgender woman whose superpower involves unleashing force through the use of sound. There are no plans to change the character’s gender, insiders told Variety.

As Variety seemingly had a new photoshoot to go with this news today, I am guessing the insiders are Page and Netflix. Especially as they already started changing their credits.

I had to read that twice to make sure I actually read it right. 25 people definitely qualifies as "orgy" and maybe undersells it? That is a very bewildering report. People can do what/who they want (consenting adults obviously) but 25 people regardless of gender/orientation having sex... that, that begs a few questions and during COVID just sounds incredibly irresponsible.

I had to read that twice to make sure I actually read it right. 25 people definitely qualifies as "orgy" and maybe undersells it? That is a very bewildering report. People can do what/who they want (consenting adults obviously) but 25 people regardless of gender/orientation having sex... that, that begs a few questions and during COVID just sounds incredibly irresponsible.
Sounds like a typical Saturday night to me:

giphy.gif

Me and my boss talked about this. I said what the hell are you gonna do with 25 people. She said she didn’t know but she’d test it...for science.

It was literally a gay ******** according to reports. Impressive from someone who wrote the law in Hungary that says marriage is a union between a man and a woman.

Last edited:
It was literally a gay ******** according to reports. Impressive from someone who wrote the law in Hungary that says marriage is a union between a man and a woman.

Well, to be fair, I doubt they were getting married. :funny:

I want his post-transition reveal ala Caitlin Jenner. So Calvin Klein ad style!

Now I'm trying to deprogram myself saying Ellen and she/her pronouns. :funny:

I want his post-transition reveal ala Caitlin Jenner. So Calvin Klein ad style!

Now I'm trying to deprogram myself saying Ellen and she/her pronouns. :funny:

I found gender change in people I know took some adjustment on my part. I don't know quite what the right word to use is. How people appear physically to us becomes expected I guess???

Letitia Wright listens to quacks and is transphobic. What a surprise :whatever:

There is always a chance for missinterpretation if people like, retweet stuff...but often its sadly not.
Look at Gina Carano etc...you think at first that maybe they just gotten a point wrong or so, missunderstood something...but most of the time its the starting point to reveal some really disappointing things about those people.

I know it is not true but sometimes I like to think people who play certain characters actually believe similarly to their characters, especially when they are someone we would love to have actually exist in the world. Instead they are just acting, which is literally their job, but it always gives you that feeling of being let down when they reveal they are not believers in science, or they ascribe to a religion that tells you other people are lesser, or they are just plain *******s with no conscience or consideration for others.

There is always a chance for missinterpretation if people like, retweet stuff...but often its sadly not.
Look at Gina Carano etc...you think at first that maybe they just gotten a point wrong or so, missunderstood something...but most of the time its the starting point to reveal some really disappointing things about those people.

And then she joins Parler...

Thanks. In a time when we are all inundated with the sounds of bigotry and self interest, it's nice to remember that there are still decent, caring people out there who are trying to help others make positive changes in their lives.

Homelessness, in general, can be fixed, but it will take public investment in housing, jobs and mental health care.

Dolly is such an anomaly in gay culture since her genre is dominated by straight dudebros and their fans are not exactly welcoming to them.

Dolly's a treasure. My mother met Cher and told me she's one of the most genuine, nicest people she ever met. She told her manager (who told her she was running late and had to leave) to take a hike while she spent 15-20 minutes talking to my mom and her sister.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"