Discussion: Racism - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty of laws aren't actively enforced. What, are you kidding?

Lots of minor stuff is up to local or even individual police officer discretion. Technically, yeah, in Australia you're going to get a fine if you don't vote. How often that actually happens though, hard to say.

That's imo is wrong though. Why have it, if you are just going to leave the determination up to LE, to decide which laws are and which are not going to be enforced?
And how is them DOING that, honoring their oaths to UPHOLD and enforce all laws??

That goes on all the time though, and always has. The last government pushed for blind eyes to be turned to minor marijuana infrations and non-legal citizenship status so long as other crimes weren't involved. It's just the way it goes, both sides of the aidle have their pet "let it go" issues.

I mean, ****, sanctuary cities, much as they might have a certain moral basis, are basically "**** the law as written" in and of themselves. This goes on all the time.

Australia not following up on each and every citizen for their 100 buck (200 buck? whatever) fine for not turning up to get their name checked off on voting day makes total sense. It's just not worth the manpower in a practical sense.

And its cause of that, i want all sanctuary cities punished.
Since all mayors, governors and chiefs of police take OATHS to uphold our laws, they are breaking those laws, deciding "NAA we just won't enforce immigration laws, or even let our officers do so"..

NYPD officers have used police union cards as 'get out of jail free cards' to help family and friends dodge minor for decades.

Law enforcement picking and choosing when to enforce laws has been around since the inception of policing.

Laws aren't always right. There have been many laws that were ethically and morally awful. Interracial marriage was illegal in some states right up until the 1960's.

NYPD officers have used police union cards as 'get out of jail free cards' to help family and friends dodge minor for decades. .

And that's something i really despise.. WHY SHOULD the fact a crook is related to a cop, being used to allow the crook get off??

Here is what sanctuary cities are.

Cities that do not let their local resources be deputized into federal service. Why should a city foot the bill for holding an illegal immigrant? If the federal government wants to do that, they need to foot the bill.

Also, my brother is a cop in Texas. You bet your ass I want sanctuary city policies in place. Why? Because it makes my brother safer. When dealing with those of mexican heritage, they don't have to be afraid of my brother deporting them, whether or not they are here legally or not. I want illegal immigrants to feel safe to come to the police, when they are dealing with an abuser, or other crimes. If ICE wants to go after illegal aliens, then they can get off their lazy, racists asses and do it themselves.

Sanctuary cities do not mean that they are free from ICE. It means local cops are not deputized to do a job they did not sign up for. Unless you want local cops to take up all the other crimes the various Federal agencies are in charge of. Don't even try to push the ignorant, racist view of Fox on sanctuary cities.

Not going to lie, I do understand why people are so hard on illegals. I also hate that ICE's hands are being tied and they are being labelled racist. If anyone goes to Mexico and they THINK you are illegal, you will wish you never saw that country before. I hate it when one country is strict AF on it's law and when another country tries to do the same thing, they are labeled racist.

Can someone explain to be how prioritizing violent offenders is tying ICE's hands?

Not going to lie, I do understand why people are so hard on illegals. I also hate that ICE's hands are being tied and they are being labelled racist. If anyone goes to Mexico and they THINK you are illegal, you will wish you never saw that country before. I hate it when one country is strict AF on it's law and when another country tries to do the same thing, they are labeled racist.

Probably because the people obsessed with immigration - e.g. Trump - are notorious racists. The laws are also usually written by racists and supported by racists. Example, Arizona' law was written by a guy with neo-Nazi connections.

Inevitably it just turns into harassing people with a certain skin color.

Also you know, the whole thing about America being founded by white supremacists on Indian land. There is a certain irony about the whole "illegals" thing.

Also calling people "illegals" is rather dehumanizing. At least call them "illegal immigrants".

ICE is out there acting as the WHs personal Gestapo

they tried that ish here in New Haven, CT, and our BLACK WOMAN MAYOR showed up at the train station...they came in by train to be discrete...met them there with local PD and sent them packing

Here is what sanctuary cities are.

Cities that do not let their local resources be deputized into federal service. Why should a city foot the bill for holding an illegal immigrant? If the federal government wants to do that, they need to foot the bill.

So by that logic, why should one state hold someone who's got an arrest warrant from any other state??

Also, my brother is a cop in Texas. You bet your ass I want sanctuary city policies in place. Why? Because it makes my brother safer. When dealing with those of mexican heritage, they don't have to be afraid of my brother deporting them, whether or not they are here legally or not.[/quote]

Tell that to the family of Ms Steinle. Or the parents of that 3 yr old kid, that was MURDERED by yet another illegal alien, driving with no license, no insurance and drunk, WHO's already been deported over a dozen times before...

Plus as a member of the mil, i KNOW exaclty how hard/costly/time consuming it has been for a # of my fellow servicemen/women, to get their families over, LEGALLY; after they married a foreigner..
I DESPISE anyone who is pro-amnesty, cause that is one hell of a massive slap in the face to everyone who does the RIGHT and legal thing.

Can someone explain to be how prioritizing violent offenders is tying ICE's hands?

How is telling ice "Ignore them if they are illegally here, but have not commited other crimes" NOT tying their hands?? Or telling them "Sure, catch those jumping the border, but you have to then release them into the US mainland, cause we can't hold them in custody till their deportation hearings, even though we KNOW 99%+ won't bother showing up for those hearings."

Plus as a member of the mil, i KNOW exaclty how hard/costly/time consuming it has been for a # of my fellow servicemen/women, to get their families over, LEGALLY; after they married a foreigner..
I DESPISE anyone who is pro-amnesty, cause that is one hell of a massive slap in the face to everyone who does the RIGHT and legal thing.

Yep! My dad married an Asian and brought her here legally and had to wait a year for her. It's a slap in his face for someone to commit a crime here, get deported and come back within a week illegally. I also think it's kind of messed up I had to struggle to pay for college while some go there for free and they are not here legally.

I also think it's kind of messed up I had to struggle to pay for college while some go there for free and they are not here legally.

That is a very good point... Why is it I, a US citizen and veteran, have to pay higher fees, for "Out of state student" if i attend college XYZ, but someone illegally in the country, who IMO shouldn't even BE GETTING a spot at those colleges, get to pay a much lower rate, assuming they don't even get it for free??
That smacks of rewarding criminality...

lol

Maybe you should take that up with the individual organizations that provide those scholarships, because last I checked, the government didn't give away free education.

And a reminder. The dreamers were kids who were brought over by their parents. And those in the DACA program have had to abide by some pretty good standards of being a good citizen. I am sure you are all for deporting the 900 dreamers who are currently active in the military, as well.

As for sanctuary cities, who would rather be taken care of by the police. An illegal immigrant who has not broken any laws. Or an american serial rapist who is preying upon that community. Because without sanctuary cities, a lot of the immigrant would be too afraid to report a crime. Because how messed up is it that if you report a crime, you yourself could be arrested over you immigration status. My brother is in favor of sanctuary city laws, because it makes him more safe.

Sanctuary cities are about priorities. Do you want your police more focused on violent crime. Or do you want them to be immigration agents.

And good to know that drunk driving is murder now. You will pardon me if I don't see what being illegal immigrant makes it any different than any other drunk driving accident.

Opinions are like asses................don't need to finish it. Again, I can see both sides of the argument but can truly understand why people lean to Trump. I'm not going to bash your opinion so please don't bash mine.

lol

Maybe you should take that up with the individual organizations that provide those scholarships, because last I checked, the government didn't give away free education.

And a reminder. The dreamers were kids who were brought over by their parents. And those in the DACA program have had to abide by some pretty good standards of being a good citizen. I am sure you are all for deporting the 900 dreamers who are currently active in the military, as well.

As for sanctuary cities, who would rather be taken care of by the police. An illegal immigrant who has not broken any laws. Or an american serial rapist who is preying upon that community. Because without sanctuary cities, a lot of the immigrant would be too afraid to report a crime. Because how messed up is it that if you report a crime, you yourself could be arrested over you immigration status. My brother is in favor of sanctuary city laws, because it makes him more safe.

Sanctuary cities are about priorities. Do you want your police more focused on violent crime. Or do you want them to be immigration agents.

And good to know that drunk driving is murder now. You will pardon me if I don't see what being illegal immigrant makes it any different than any other drunk driving accident.
I felt like it was important that I quote this in agreement. Thank you for providing information in your posts.

How do conservatives square their need to "punish" sanctuary cities with their embrace of "nullification" and "states rights"?

State's Rights only exist when it agrees with their view point. See also, how many GOP state governments try to control Dem cities.

It is also particularly funny when they praise law enforcement, yet are strongly against 2 things that law enforcement is for, gun control and sanctuary cities, generally.

ICE is out there acting as the WHs personal Gestapo

they tried that ish here in New Haven, CT, and our BLACK WOMAN MAYOR showed up at the train station...they came in by train to be discrete...met them there with local PD and sent them packing

Beautiful.

State's Rights only exist when it agrees with their view point. See also, how many GOP state governments try to control Dem cities.

It is also particularly funny when they praise law enforcement, yet are strongly against 2 things that law enforcement is for, gun control and sanctuary cities, generally.

Silly Liberal, state rights are for noble causes like discrimination, segregation and slavery.

Evil lefties want the freedom to let people ingest a medicinal plant and protect immigrants who are good for the economy and are non-violent family members.

Madness.

Dreamers are as American as anyone else for all intents and purposes, they're here legally under the DACA program, they've been here so long they have no memory of their "home country", and given the pretty strict standards they're held to, they're more productive and worthwhile Americans than a lot of the natural-born Americans who want them kicked out. :whatever:

Also for a member of the military to support deporting fellow servicemen who are risking their lives for this country, and their families.....well, I'm not sure exactly what word I'd choose to describe that, but I don't know that it would be "patriotic".

For the life of me, I cannot understand how military service doesn't automatically qualify you for citizenship.

Are you kidding? As far as the government is concerned once your military service is up you can go **** off and die for all the concern they give let alone about your citixzenship. Just look at the VA and how much they can't get anything done right.

It's one giant inept machine that churns out bodies and a lot of Americans really love soldiers, until they retire then they just kind of forget about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"