• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Discussion: The Supreme Court II

No and that would set a bad precedent if he tried

The time for worrying about political decorum has long passed. The GOP is waging war and the Dems, if they get in, need to put all options on the table. Removal, court packing, term limits for judges should all be considered. It's time for the Democrats to get off the canvas and throw a damn punch.

The time for worrying about political decorum has long passed. The GOP is waging war and the Dems, if they get in, need to put all options on the table. Removal, court packing, term limits for judges should all be considered. It's time for the Democrats to get off the canvas and throw a damn punch.

Absolutely. This is a street fight , not Marcus of Queensbury rules.

Removal, court packing, term limits for judges should all be considered. It's time for the Democrats to get off the canvas and throw a damn punch.
After seeing how pathetically docile the Democrats have been in the last four years, I 100% assure you this isn’t going to happen. Not in any major capacity at least. You will see some pushback but it won’t likely be enough.

So thoughts on Amy Coney Barrett?

The presumed frontrunner to take this seat.

What are your opinions on her, very new poster who enjoys the political section of this forum?

I didn’t look at their post count until just now but I was wondering what the deal was when they showed up yesterday to describe the death of a feminist icon and arguable the most powerful woman in the US right now as “exciting times”.

I didn’t look at their post count until just now but I was wondering what the deal was when they showed up yesterday to describe the death of a feminist icon and arguable the most powerful woman in the US right now as “exciting times”.

In my defense, I edited that a few seconds later out of respect for RBG. The "exciting" was in reference to the empty seat being an election gamechanger, as we were discussing the state of the Senate. I replaced it with "interesting"

In my defense, I edited that a few seconds later out of respect for RBG. The "exciting" was in reference to the empty seat being an election gamechanger, as we were discussing the state of the Senate. I replaced it with "interesting"

I guess I’m just confused what reaction you are going for. Literally no one wants to talk about who might be replacing her because it’s absolutely ghoulish that we are having this conversation less than two months before an election when Republicans bent themselves into knots trying to defend blocking a nominee four years ago nine months before an election.

Cool, cool, but what we really want to know your opinion on a known bigot like Amy Coney Barrett. Considering you mentioned so many great potential choices yesterday and you have now named her specifically, I think we are all curious your opinions on her?

I guess I’m just confused what reaction you are going for. Literally no one wants to talk about who might be replacing her because it’s absolutely ghoulish that we are having this conversation less than two months before an election when Republicans bent themselves into knots trying to defend blocking a nominee four years ago nine months before an election.

Okay, that's understandable. However the discussion of her vacant seat already came up before I posted about Barrett. I'm just relaying what all the news outlets are saying is likely going to be Trump's frontrunner for the position.

Cool, cool, but what we really want to know your opinion on a known bigot like Amy Coney Barrett. Considering you mentioned so many great potential choices yesterday and you have now named her specifically, I think we are all curious your opinions on her?

I'm not naming her out of my own preference.

I'm naming her because the news media outlets from MSNBC to Fox, to Bloomberg are reporting today that she is the likely frontrunner to be nominated.

So it's an inevitable discussion point. However, if we're not ready to discuss it yet.. that's understandable and fair.

I mean I guess if we are going to have this conversation now, best case scenario is Trump nominates Barrett, she bombs royally during her Senate hearing, loses 49-51 and Trump doesn’t have time to get another judge through before the election. I naively thought yesterday that Republicans mIght make a political calculation to take their chances in November since there was absolutely no gray area in their statements back in 2016 to go back on their statements four years ago and not look like opportunists but nope, once again they are cool with burning everything down so really all I can hope for now is Trump’s incompetence will backfire since he doesn’t really have a ton of time to pull this off. But it’s pretty clear this morning they are going to jam someone through precedent from their own current majority leader be damned so we all have to be prepared to fight back, and support expanding the court if necessary.

I'm not naming her out of my own preference.

I'm naming her because the news media outlets from MSNBC to Fox, to Bloomberg are reporting today that she is the likely frontrunner to be nominated.

So it's an inevitable discussion point. However, if we're not ready to discuss it yet.. that's understandable and fair.
No, let's discuss it. After all, you did mention that you were aware of many potential great choices. You also wanted to know everyone else's opinion. So now I am curious. What is your opinion on her?

I mean I guess if we are going to have this conversation now, best case scenario is Trump nominates Barrett, she bombs royally during her Senate hearing, loses 49-51 and Trump doesn’t have time to get another judge through before the election. I naively thought yesterday that Republicans mIght make a political calculation to take their chances in November since there was absolutely no gray area in their statements back in 2016 to go back on their statements four years ago and not look like opportunists but nope, once again they are cool with burning everything down so really all I can hope for now is Trump’s incompetence will backfire since he doesn’t really have a ton of time to pull this off.
Bad people have no problem doing bad things.

No, let's discuss it. After all, you did mention that you were aware of many potential great choices. You also wanted to know everyone else's opinion. So now I am curious. What is your opinion on her?

I have an idea. Nicole Berner. Check her out. She'd be acceptable to me.

Susan Collins has joined Murkowski in letting the election winner choose RBG’s replacement.

Anyone else think two more might defect?

Susan Collins has joined Murkowski in letting the election winner choose RBG’s replacement.

Anyone else think two more might defect?

She had to. If she didn't, she had NO chance of winning. I would say maybe Romney or Gardner or maybe Daines. Grassley perhaps, but I'm not betting the home on any of them.

If it's clear that they can't push this through, you might see Tillis join them.

She had to. If she didn't, she had NO chance of winning. I would say maybe Romney or Gardner or maybe Daines. Grassley perhaps, but I'm not betting the home on any of them.

If it's clear that they can't push this through, you might see Tillis join them.

Grassley already weighed in on the important issues earlier today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"