Discussion: Third Parties, The GREEN Party, The LIBERTARIAN Party, and Other Third Parties

Also: a 'party' that doesn't elect candidates at the local, state, and federal level outside of the presidency isn't a party but a scam spoiler organization.

ABC News - Green Party candidate Cornel West owes more than half a million dollars in taxes and child support: Records
One expert said, "Voters have a right to know why this isn't disclosed."

The Daily Beast - Cornel West Admits to Massive Tax Debt

Politico - [Sen.] Sanders [VT-I] hits at Cornel West over criticism of Biden

Politico - No Labels to hold nominating convention in April, Joe Lieberman says

Daily Kos - Sunday Four-Play: Kos was on 'Meet the Press'! Also, debate fallout and mug shot mania

Daily Kos - There is no place for No Labels this presidential cycle by Markos Moulitsas

So why engage in such a futile endeavor? One obvious reason is to use the high-profile nature of the campaign to bring attention to one’s pet issues. This is why Ralph Nader or Cornel West might throw their hat in the ring: Their need to promote themselves and their causes trumps any negative consequences of their quixotic campaigns. In the case of Nader, he played spoiler and we got George W. Bush and an endless war. We could have had a climate champion instead in Al Gore.

But let’s be clear: No Labels is not that. The fledgling “political party” doesn't have a message to sell. Their name literally says, “We stand for nothing.” Theirs is a more cynical pursuit: a bunch of washed-up, loser politicians grifting conservative billionaires out of millions, using ridiculous and easily refuted arguments to line their pockets and pretend to retain some semblance of relevance. This was all clear as I faced off with No Labels Co-chair Pat McCrory, the transphobic former governor of North Carolina, this past weekend on “Meet the Press.”

Last edited:
A third party could win. If they have a candidate worth voting for.

Changing parties is not going to polish this turd, lol.

Good luck with that, buddy. :p

horizontal

I can't stand him, but the more rightwing conspiracists and old people he keeps from voting Republican the better.

Oh my

Last edited:
He could be the third party spoiler the country needs.

I hope he helps Trump lose!

They really wanted to make him a new Bernie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"