Discussion: Undead Rights

SuperFerret

King of the Urban Jungle
Reaction score
This forum is one of the few I loathe to enter, mostly due to the ultra-serious attitude people put on in here as opposed to the posters themselves (which is the reason I avoid most of the other forums I avoid). So, I'd like to add some silly fun here, though I'm sure some will take this seriously as well.

The topic is Undead Rights.

Imagine a world like many we see in fiction. The undead, beings that are essentially walking, occasionally talking corpses, exist. Should they have rights as any living person should? Or should they not only be denied rights, but hunted and destroyed by law? Also, feel free to add other real issues to this, such as Undead marriages and whatnot. Just remember, it's all in good fun.

zombie_protest.jpg

I actually have real views on this (I'm a geek with heavy leanings towards fantasy), but I'd like to get the ball rolling before posting all of them. I will say that I am decidedly in the Anti-Undead group.

Any type of undead counts, though zombies being by their very nature (and definition of the word) mindless, they're not really able to contribute much to the debate. Intelligent undead like mummies, vampires and ghosts are more preferable, but whatever form of the undead you want to talk about is fine regardless of origin.

Their origins matters to me in the way I deal with them. Science Zombies deserve our best efforts to help them. However we might have to deny them rights similar to the way we did the Japanese during WWII. We would have to box them up while we try to cure them. Hopefully no Zombie Lawyers challenge this in court. But even then I'm sure that the ACLU or Gloria Alread will clog up the courts any way.

As for Magical Zombie? Other than the fact that their existence would throw the Scientific Community into a tizzy, much the same way that the Religious Community would react to aliens, I'd certainly be one of the "Kill Em All" types in that instance.

Magical Zombies and other mystical undead would require some sort of "Mortal Enemy Act". These creatures would prove the existence of Demons and Devils and that would be all I need to declare WAR.

:doom: :doom: :doom:

How would you cure something that is already dead? To do so would be to have some way of consistently resurrecting something dead.

Hopefully there would be some sort of transition phase before they completely succumb to the "Zombie" germ. But if all is lost then we gotta destroy or contain them.

Fire or a desert island.

Containment would be too dangerous. Killing them for good would work best.

Is no one going to step up and defend the rights of the unliving?

Magical zombies would not throw the scientific community upside other than the fact that it may be a cause that science doesn't understand. Science doesn't believe in ghosts yet there could be a logical explanation that science just does not yet understand. Same goes for aliens. The entire religious world would not be null/void if aliens showed up because it doesn't disprove anything. It just opens up a new realm of possibilities and explanations. Or hell, science and religion could merge to create Asgard.

As for zombies, they are mindless and a walking disease/virus so they must be eradicated.

Magical zombies would not throw the scientific community upside other than the fact that it may be a cause that science doesn't understand. Science doesn't believe in ghosts yet there could be a logical explanation that science just does not yet understand. Same goes for aliens. The entire religious world would not be null/void if aliens showed up because it doesn't disprove anything. It just opens up a new realm of possibilities and explanations. Or hell, science and religion could merge to create Asgard.

As for zombies, they are mindless and a walking disease/virus so they must be eradicated.

What about vampires or ghosts? Undead that can voice opinions and all.

I said "tizzy". And it would shake things up. But of course anything I say has to be countered. Even if it's true. You damn contrarian. :D

Undead with cognitive abilities deserve rights. Plus...I probably wouldn't oppress a cognitive entity that could kill or overthrow the entire race. Zombies don't have thought or control. Vampires and ghosts do.

So you're saying that you would support giving equal rights to a non-human entity that primarily feeds on humans? Out of fear of them no less?

Yes. Plus lets be honest...I would want to become a vampire:o

Hell no, they don't have rights. Why haven't they crossed over? There is usually some ****ed up reason for them not crossing over yet. At least in the Ghost world. And vampires? They lost their soul when they transformed. I'm sure they have committed many atrocities to survive.

I'm sure The Pope would tell us to KILL THEM ALL!

:thor: :thor: :thor:

The sentiment has merit. It's taking "I think therefore I am" to the logical extreme, and I'd be more than willing to welcome other sentient non-human races to our society, but the undead are dead and no life = no rights in my opinion.

I would support werewolf rights though, as they are alive and either exist as a seperate sub-species of human, are cursed, or both.

I would feed on you both as an oppressed Vampire American.

In order to be a "Vampire American", you'd have to be a citizen, and that'd be a right that would be denied to you I believe.

You have one life to live. Un-Dead should be made Re-Dead.

Now if the Undead Appellate Court upheld an Undead's right to survive, I might be willing to live next door to Blade or Angel.

I shall eat one of you and turn the other.

Zombies don't deserve rights! Everything about them is a sin! God hates zombies! It says so right there in tha Bible! Jesus declared the zombies un-lifestyle to be a moral sin when Judas rose from the dead to feed upon Jesus after his resurrection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"