Shoot 'Em in the Head: The Zombie Survival Horror RPG

I just hate to see this premise go.

You wanna know how good the current premise is? It almost got twy back into the games. That's right, I got her so excited about the game she actually started creating her character.

Any game that can do that can't be killed off!

Well, to be blunt, has she posted her app? Has she contributed to keeping the game alive?! Noooooooooooo! :cmad:

I was having my character heading to Cali, and I was planning on having him run into some trouble in Vegas...hopefully as the Zombieland folks were passing through......

That's because she got herself a boyfriend.

Has anyone checked that bastard out? Probably not good enough for her. :cmad:

Whatever you all decide to do...I'm in favor of it. This RPG has too many good players...we can make this one really great.

Okay, here's a proposal I've just came up with, a kind of compromise. How about we do a Walking Dead relaunch as suggested, and everyone needs to pick someone from our core cast until its filled, but then let people who are playing as one of that cast pick up a second character that is NOT part of the group, be it a comic character off doing something elsewhere or their own created character who could later join the group.

This way we can maintain the elements of this current RPG I'm getting the idea that people like from this discussion - such as getting to play their own characters and do their own thing - while at the same time addressing its weaknesses by introducing this new, more structured Walking Dead set-up.

Another idea I've had, which also allows for original characters and not being tied down to working within a limited choice of characters in a restricted group: I call it the "guest star" strategy. It ties into a more GM-directed game. Allow me to explain it a bit. You have an RPer who is interested in the game, but doesn't watch The Walking Dead, or isn't interested in a long-term commitment. They can PM one of the GMS, and say they'd like a "guest star" role. Then, the GM plans out with them a short-term role they can play on one of the survivors' pit-stops, something equivalent to what Dr. Jenner was in the season finale.

For example, we could do a storyline where an RPer "guest star" is introduced as a nice man who owns a big farmhouse and offers the survivors shelter, but who turns out to be an axe-murdering cannibal looking for fresh meat. Then the group kill him and move on, the RPers short term gig wraps.

I like both of those ideas.

The first one still suffers from someone not interested in playing a Walking Dead character being forced to play one.

The second one addresses that to some degree. Though I want to hear from someone not interesting in being part of the Walking Dead but still wanting to be in the zombie game.

Then I want to see them post in the damn game!

What if, instead of eliminating characters from other franchises, and player created, we just eliminate characters from other franchises (except Bill Murray)?

So, it'll be a Walking Dead game, bu,t like the show, we'll be able to add in our own elements.

I really do like the guest star idea.

What if, instead of eliminating characters from other franchises, and player created, we just eliminate characters from other franchises (except Bill Murray)?

So, it'll be a Walking Dead game, bu,t like the show, we'll be able to add in our own elements.

I really do like the guest star idea.

Yeah, that was pretty much my suggestion. Characters from other franchises would be a no-go, but created characters would be okay, as would characters adapted from the comic. I just feel that the priority would have to first be filling the established cast from the show at the close of the first season. Because nothing can kill a game faster than lugging around multiple NPCs.

So we're not forcing people to play a Walking Dead character if they don't want to, people could have the option of waiting until the core cast is filled to a satisfactory degree, THEN we open it up for people to apply as created characters, and for people playing as TWD characters to apply as as a second, created character.

Would anyone object to me posting up a proposal thread for this Walking Dead RPG over on the Approval board to gauge interest? Then if we get enough interest to launch the game we could then do so, but if there isn't enough of a response we could just leave the current zombie game as it is?

Sure. I say go for it. If it doesn't pan out, we could maybe do what you talked about doing with this RPG. Do one story with WD characters only and another story with everyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"