Discussion: Undead Rights

their very nature would put us at war with them so i'd just uphold the geneva convention. much like with animals their rights aren't our business. for if they were we'd have to charge other animals for infringing the rights of other animals by their very nature. robots being our creations would be different and we could define the rights we decided they should have or they convinced us they should have.

Whoever wants to become a vampire can join me. Everyone else is food except for zombies, I am sure they taste grodie.

I'll be come a vampire as long as you become my spider monkey. :hrt:

First order of business in VAG (Vampire Associated Guild)

I say we eat SuperFerret.

chaseter just really likes glitter. :down

That I am. I'm also well versed in the ways of undead slaying.

SuperFerret the Undead Slayer and Buffy should team up.

Nah. Unless it's in bed, then have her bring the witch along.

SuperFerret is like that nerdy guy that was always in the library. Giles? I am Angel. I SHALL EAT HIM:cmad:

All this vampire & undead talk made me sick, so i'm gonna take some coffin (coughing) drops........:woot:

First order of business in VAG (Vampire Associated Guild)

Then I will form a league of vampire-hunting Reapers, and we will devote our lives to eating VAG.

:dry: Uh, wait a minute ...

their very nature would put us at war with them so i'd just uphold the geneva convention. much like with animals their rights aren't our business. for if they were we'd have to charge other animals for infringing the rights of other animals by their very nature. robots being our creations would be different and we could define the rights we decided they should have or they convinced us they should have.

Regarding other animals, their rights are our business when they intersect with human society.

The same could be argued to apply to the undead.

Hmm-one's not accustomed to thinking of the undead( esp vampires) as some kind of put upon minority group, but hey, fifty years ago nobody thought that a black man could become President of the United States. "My Best Friend Is A Vampire" , "The Little Vampire" and more recently "True Blood" on HBO have certainly made people think outside the box on this issue. But who would defend a vampire or a werewolf's civil rights(to say nothing of those of zombies)? Probably not even the ACLU!(American Civil Liberties Union). But new precedents are being created all the time (pace Pinochet).

Terry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"