Discussion: Voting Rights and Election Law

NY Times - A Record 76% of Americans Can Vote by Mail in 2020

eXSQzXC.png

Speaker.gov - Pelosi, Maloney Joined by 173 House Democrats in Calling on Postmaster General to Reverse Assault on Postal Service

Last edited:
More Republican tampering with the election.

More Republican tampering with the election.
More like Trumpian tampering. I implore all Republicans left here to not support this man and if you truly want a conservative that cares about the people to look elsewhere in a candidate. This man is not your guy.

Anyone who is pro mass mail ballots...do you go to the grocery store, work, travel, etc. or do you stay in your home 24/7? How is in person voting more riskier to your health than going to the grocery store? Honest question.

Second question, do you think the voter records of every state are accurate in accordance to a person’s current address? Voter turnout for generals is around 60%. Why don’t 40% vote and what percentage of the records are accurate and inaccurate in relation to that 40%? How do you prevent, how do you track, and how do you prove that someone did or did not receive another person’s ballot and filled it out? Do people not care about the potential implications? If mail in ballots are going to be a thing, you should have to request one ala absentee voting after verifying your information. Mass mailing ballots based on eligibility is idiotic and purposefully fraudulent. I am pro absentee.

No one believes you actually care about anything you claim.

Point blank if you actually cared about rule of law you would not hide behind "both sides" or whatever popular yet incoherent defense is being bandied about to support a Constitution shredding machine that is the current Administration.

Concerns about the security of the election process now feels about five years too late for anyone not making a concerted effort to deny reality.

Unsurprisingly, when bad faith arguments are made for years and years, folk tend to think that the only way to characterize what those who do so say as being unworthy of consideration, because of the litany of disingenuousness.

Colorado, Washington, Utah, Oregon and Hawaii have already had universal mail in voting for years and don't have the issues you're pretending to be concerned about. They also have extremely high voter turnout because of the ease mail-in voting provides.

Last edited:
No one believes you actually care about anything you claim.

Point blank if you actually cared about rule of law you would not hide behind "both sides" or whatever popular yet incoherent defense is being bandied about to support a Constitution shredding machine that is the current Administration.

Concerns about the security of the election process now feels about five years too late for anyone not making a concerted effort to deny reality.

Unsurprisingly, when bad faith arguments are made for years and years, folk tend to think that the only way to characterize what those who do so say as being unworthy of consideration, because of the litany of disingenuousness.
Are you talking to someone directly or just monologue-ing? I don’t see a reply to my questions or any counter questions so I have no idea who you are talking to, apologies.

Once again... Disingenuousness.

A hallmark of the Right in general but of the online Trump Is Not My Guy But Here Is Why Everyone Else Is The Worst And He's Actually The Reincarnation Of Teddy Roosevelt Copulating With A Bald Eagle set in particular.

No one can take your opinions with even the modicum of seriousness because under ANY scrutiny the naked hypocrisy is plain as the ****ty spray tan on Trump's face.

Colorado, Washington, Utah, Oregon and Hawaii have already have universal mail in voting for years and don't have the issues you're pretending to be concerned about. They also have extremely high voter turnout because of the ease mail-in voting provides.
Would the USPS be able to handle the volume during Covid if a Democrat were President? No. No one planned for a pandemic during an election year. I’m not agreeing with Trump’s approach but I disagree with the situational blame. Obama didn’t prep the USPS for an election year pandemic response and neither did Trump. The USPS could not handle the volume either way. Can you imagine the mess had 30 something States enacted mail in ballots? You would have seen a flood of late, invalid ballots.

Second, States like Colorado do find evidence of fraud. So, naturally, increasing that opportunity would see increases of fraud across the board. That’s common sense. Now as for the prevalence of fraud, it’s reportedly low. We’ve argued that ad nauseum. It’s statistically the same percentage as gun murders. To validate each vote is impossible. Yet for some reason, when journalists or watchdog groups investigate, they find fraud cases: CBS4 Investigation Finds Dead Voters Casting Ballots In Colorado
No State wants to spend the money to investigate and anytime voter records are purged, the States get sued. If you truly believe that actual fraud numbers are not higher than known, reported cases then that must hold true for all fraud/crime right? I’ll give you an easy one: Do you think racism in the police is higher or equal to the number of reported/investigated cases?

Third, voting by mail is imperfect. Colorado for example admits that. I would want to see increased security measures if this is the future. They don’t exist today and are extremely easy to implement. It’s an easy IT solution. There’s no reason to not increase mail ballot security. If it decreases one instance, then it’s worth it.

Last edited:
Once again... Disingenuousness.

A hallmark of the Right in general but of the online Trump Is Not My Guy But Here Is Why Everyone Else Is The Worst And He's Actually The Reincarnation Of Teddy Roosevelt Copulating With A Bald Eagle set in particular.

No one can take your opinions with even the modicum of seriousness because under ANY scrutiny the naked hypocrisy is plain as the ****ty spray tan on Trump's face.
Is a hallmark of the Left to talk at the wall with your fingers in your ears?

Teddy Roosevelt was a bad ass btw. I’d vote for reanimated Teddy Roosevelt.

Does that account for seasonal hiring to meet demand? No. Does that account for increased safety measures due to Covid causing lag times? No. Does that take into account the number of sick postal employees, quarantine time, and resignations? No. Does that include the layoffs by the previous PMG in March to cut costs as volume decreased? No.

Do you think that within 6 months the USPS could have prepared for the timely delivery and in accordance with each State’s timelines of 150+ million mail in ballots? I don’t. That’s a matter of opinion for both of us. The outrage over lost or late ballots would be crazy and you know it would happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"