Disney Prepping Live Action "Cruella de Vil" Film

Despite my love of The Jungle Book, this was the best live action Disney adaption to date. Stone and Thompson gave great performances, the music was perfect, and the costume design was jaw dropping. I hope this means we’ll start seeing “darker” Disney films again.

Got to see this yesterday and what can i say i had a negative opinion going in but both Emma's performances blew me away came out wanting a sequel the music helped a lot i love 70's music while i didn't get classic Cruella Emma Thompson's character more than filled that void

They aren't going to do that because it means making this version of Cruella an actual unrepentant villain, along with Horace and Jasper. They basically made Cruella, Horace and Jasper rascally rogues with hearts of gold. Deep down, they are NOT bad people.

What's being suggested here basically goes back on all of that.

But Vile you gotta suspend your belief a little bit. I see what you’re saying in both of your posts but still with a bit more time passing and Cruella giving into her genetics, she could still be that crazy, Dalmatian coat wanting psycho.

Sure she gave Roger and Anita the puppies, but that doesn’t mean that she can’t renege. Maybe something happens to her original Dalmatians and now she’s forced to track down Roger and Anita because she wants her gifts back to make a coat. Just her luck, Roger and Anita are married and they have a litter of puppies and Cruella finds out and you know what happens next.

It could work.

I guess it just comes down to how much you value the life of any animal.

Why should a person be obligated to value the life of "any animal" as equal, as opposed to some animals being worth more than others? Not all animals are created equal.

I don't think that's obvious at all. And if there was a sequel, it would be a totally different story.

Here you go my old primary school classmate and my boss/mother old lawyer-turned-songwriter. I'm giving you each a puppy. In several years, you two are going to meet and fall in love and get married. Then the sibling puppies from likely the same litter I just gave you are also going to meet and fall in love and create more puppies, so I can make them into fur coats. Oh and Roger, you can make a catchy song about how bad and evil I am as a person. And then I will kidnap your puppies, so I can murder them all and make them into a dazzling fur coat.

Even though I already owned the puppies originally and could've just done whatever I want with them at the time. I'm playing the long game you see. How delightfully De Vil-ish I am.

Sincerely Yours,

Cruella De Vil.

I can see them going a different route. Instead of dogs for furs it would be other animals.

I can see them going a different route. Instead of dogs for furs it would be other animals.

I say baby seal or a baby primate, maybe a dolphin skin as rain coat.
What animals would make her not evil ? Rats, hogs, hyena ?

Last edited:
But Vile you gotta suspend your belief a little bit. I see what you’re saying in both of your posts but still with a bit more time passing and Cruella giving into her genetics, she could still be that crazy, Dalmatian coat wanting psycho.

Sure she gave Roger and Anita the puppies, but that doesn’t mean that she can’t renege. Maybe something happens to her original Dalmatians and now she’s forced to track down Roger and Anita because she wants her gifts back to make a coat. Just her luck, Roger and Anita are married and they have a litter of puppies and Cruella finds out and you know what happens next.

It could work.

That doesn't work at all. If it was a sequel it would have to be a completely different story, and it wouldn't be this Cruella trying to slaughter puppies to make a fur coat.

Also, Horace and Jasper would not go along with that plan either. Horace specifically loves dogs.

The way the movie is written that's not really a viable prospect.

Lol, Oh so you do see how it can happen. You think that most in the audience will give two sh*+s or even think about how convoluted it all really is? I don’t.

I guess they could have a new rival be the real Cruella in all but name and then let Cruella have to save the puppies from having coats made out of them thus really making her a hero…

So who will be the next iconic villain to get put in the gray area? Ursula in The Little Mermaid, Medusa from the Rescuers, Evil Queen in Snow White, or Mother Gothel from Tangled?

OK, I feel like we are all getting our wires crossed. Here is my point. This movie was not about setting up the older movies the animated movie or the live-action ones. This was a reimagining of Cruella from the ground up. It's a different character. They reference those past aspects and the whole dog out of a coat thing, but she doesn't actually do it.

This is a completely different character. We weren't seeing the story of how Emma Stone grows up into Glenn Close. Keep in mind, SHE AND ANITA ARE THE SAME AGE IN THIS VERSION. They are school mates. And also, Anita is Black African in this version.

So no, I don't see how they can evolve this into a more faithful retelling of 101 Dalmations based off of this story.

If they were to do a sequel it would have to be a completely different alternative take on 101 Dalmations where it's not Cruella who is the true villain but someone else.

Last edited:
https://thedisinsider.com/2021/06/01/cruella-reportedly-draws-20-million-from-disney-premier-access/

So much for Campea's "I hear Cruella didn't do well on Premier Access" talk...

So if you combine theatrical and premium access, the movie made close to what Quiet Place 2 made in theaters only. If Cruella was theatrical only, then there’s a good chance it would have made as much or even more A Quiet Place 2. The only difference is that Disney keeps 100% of that $20 million made from premium access vs sharing the box office with theaters.

Days later and I’m still blasting The Stooges and Tina Turner off the strength of this movie lol.

Last edited:
I wonder how she will be the good guy this time. Is she going to be the savior of 101 Dalmatians from someone who is more Cruella than Cruella.

That's basically what it would have to be if the plot is adapting the 101 Dalmations story. It wouldn't be about Cruella wanting to kidnap and slaughter them to make a fur coat.

Or it might not involve Dalmation theft at all. It could just as easily involve Cruella facing a new rival in the fashion world who wants to take her place.

That's basically what it would have to be if the plot is adapting the 101 Dalmations story. It wouldn't be about Cruella wanting to kidnap and slaughter them to make a fur coat.

Or it might not involve Dalmation theft at all. It could just as easily involve Cruella facing a new rival in the fashion world who wants to take her place.

I think there's several ways of going about the sequel if they're turning her full heel without needing to kill dogs. As long at it makes sense and they make it work, I'm fine with it. Just imagine if they succeed in pulling a Daenerys Targaryen with her. Make the audience root for her and then...

Just saw this pop up on D+. Was it good?

Disney probably took in more from Cruella than the studio that did AQP2 just because they would have to share the box office with the theaters right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"