Disney Prepping Live Action "Cruella de Vil" Film

I don’t think anyone really knows how much profit Disney actually makes from D+. They obviously make something or they wouldn’t release it that way, but still not enough that they don’t need movie theatres or they wouldn’t bother that way either.

It was probably enough to at least warrant a sequel I guess

I saw it with the girlfriend tonight. I enjoyed it. It could have been a little shorter but the cast and soundtrack really made this worth watching, particularly Stone, Thompson, Fry and Hauser. It was kind of bizarre sympathizing with Cruella, Jasper and Horace.

I am not shocked this is getting a sequel. But I am the old man yelling at the kids on his lawn when it comes to these movies. I just....don't like the live action Disney stuff. I just feel the corporate greed too much with these movies. So I have given up on me liking these and unless the wife picks these for a movie night, I will skip them.

I would like it more if they tried to be more different. But good god, are they going lazy.

This movie had ten times more heart and personality than the Beauty and the Beast or Aladdin remakes. Now those were cash grabs, but in this one Stone and Thompson actually performed to the best of their abilities unlike some of the others.

This movie had ten times more heart and personality than the Beauty and the Beast or Aladdin remakes. Now those were cash grabs, but in this one Stone and Thompson actually performed to the best of their abilities unlike some of the others.
This did have the best performances in any of the Disney remakes/reboots that I've seen.

This and Malificent both scream to me cash grab in the "Hey, they are not evil....just not all that nice!!!! So don't feel bad going to Hot Topic and buying merch" kind of way. I just don't care for it

I saw it with the girlfriend tonight. I enjoyed it. It could have been a little shorter but the cast and soundtrack really made this worth watching, particularly Stone, Thompson, Fry and Hauser. It was kind of bizarre sympathizing with Cruella, Jasper and Horace.
Yep, as I've been telling people, this is a pretty good movie for a date night or a family movie night type of deal.

I felt the length between the second and third acts though. I'm here for a potential sequel.

I surprisingly enjoyed this a lot. There were some things that sounded very dumb to me on paper
i.e Dalmatians killing her mother and the baroness being her actual mother
but it didn’t bother me that much during the movie. The costumes were definitely my favourite part of the movie. The cast was great too. I just wish Cruella was more... cruel. I also didn’t like Jasper and Horace being more like her family.
Oh and the mid-credits scene didn’t make much sense. Her giving Perdita to Anita, sure it kinda doesn’t make sense but at least they’re friends. Why did she give Pongo to Roger? They barely even interacted throughout the movie.

People treat comicbook adaptions as elseworlds all the time, so I don't understand why this and Maleficent isn't getting that same treatment, but instead people are getting all tied up on how this could possibly lead to a 101 Dalmations remake...

Comicbook elseworlds are one thing and are branded as such (as far as I know, I'm not a comic book expert so correct me if I'm wrong). Also, in comic books, fans are accustomed to see many different characterization of the heroes/villain. Doc Doom wasn't a good at one point, Cap America a bad guy etc .
A movie using a known movie villain as the title and not making her a villain is another thing. She is Cruella, not Nicella, she is Maleficiant, not Empatificiant.

Last edited:
People treat comicbook adaptions as elseworlds all the time, so I don't understand why this and Maleficent isn't getting that same treatment, but instead people are getting all tied up on how this could possibly lead to a 101 Dalmations remake...

The stories they told for those characters as good guys weren't very good...

3e373f34-c144-42ce-870e-59d51e1ed5a5_text.gif

I just wish Cruella was more... cruel.

Now that you mention it...

I think it would have just made a little more sense if, in the end, she completely loses her marbles or if she just embraces the Baroness' madness on a more explicit or "out there" way . I don't remember Cruella and Anita's relationship in the 101 Dalmatians movie, though.

Damn Disney. How could you be so reckless :funny:.
Now that you mention it...

I think it would have just made a little more sense if, in the end, she completely loses her marbles or if she just embraces the Baroness' madness on a more explicit or "out there" way . I don't remember Cruella and Anita's relationship in the 101 Dalmatians movie, though.
It definitely seemed like that was how things were going but then she was fine at end so :shrug:.

Oh and another realisation I had talking with a friend a while back is that Perdita and Pongo are in an incestuous relationship now :dry:. The 101 dalmations are incest babies :doh:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"