Disney's Disenchanted: Enchanted Sequel

ComicChick

I Work Too Much
Staff member
Reaction score

Screenwriter and Director Hired for Disney’s Enchanted Sequel

24mdvmh.jpg

article said:
I’m honestly surprised that it took so long. Disney’s 2007 live-action film Enchanted was the best fairy tale the mouse-house had produced in quite some time, and even before it was released, execs were calling it the first film of a potential franchise. The plans are finally starting to come together on an Enchanted sequel, as Disney has hired Jessie Nelson to pen a screenplay, which will be directed by Anne Fletcher.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/02/04/screenwriter-and-director-hired-for-disneys-enchanted-sequel/

:atp:

I adored this movie, easily one of my top 10 of the decade. Amy Adams is :heart:

I know I'm one of the few guys, but I liked the first one and would see this.

I know I'm an odd choice for liking such movie.

I loved the first one but Im not sure about a sequel. I know I am often very "anti-sequel" but when a movie has [BLACKOUT]that fall in love/happily ever after ending[/BLACKOUT], its very difficult to make a sequel.

Last edited:
Well Cinderella 3 did a decent job of it.

I thought the first movie had an open-ended finale, and I don't really see how they can make a sequel out of it. But then again, it has never stopped Hollywood before.

I think it'd be fun if Giselle and Robert had to help another famous Disney princess who has come across a nefarious scheme by her villain to take over both worlds. She tumbles into the real world and is soon followed by her hero and villain.

I vote for Aladdin, Jasmine, and Jafar.

Liked the first one, but a sequel + Anne Fletcher = shivers down my spine.

If Amy Adams and Patrick Dempsey return, I might check it out. But if it's just Idina Menzel and James Marsden... that's a different story.

If all four of them come back, that's not a problem. The thing is, what are they going to do the second time around? The idea JustABill had sounds doable, but a bit contrived.

I've never seen the first one but who do you think will be the antagonist in the sequel?

I honestly don't know. Good thing Disney's stopped their direct-to-video sequel crap a few years ago...

don't forget Narcissa (susan surrandon) she could make a comeback

and with the director also having worked with susan in the past (stepmom) then it's entirely a possibility

:atp:

I adored this movie, easily one of my top 10 of the decade. Amy Adams is :heart:

I'm with you on this one. Enchanted is a lovely movie, I will definitely be checking out the sequel. :woot:

I just wonder what kind of plot they will come up with. Maybe make fun the disney sequels ideas...

Oh sweet! I loved the first film, I wasn't expecting a sequel, but hopefully it will be great!

don't forget Narcissa (susan surrandon) she could make a comeback

and with the director also having worked with susan in the past (stepmom) then it's entirely a possibility

The first movie made it clear she died. But with sequels, anything could happen. I pray that Adams and Dempsey return, since their chemistry is what made the first one so enjoyable. It wouldn't be the same without them.

I know I'm one of the few guys, but I liked the first one and would see this.

I know I'm an odd choice for liking such movie.

Fear not! I liked it as well.

The scene where the Prince jumps off the bridge to start singing and then gets ran over was great. :) Really enjoyed the film.

It should be a spoof of shameless direct-to-DVD sequels.

this is one of the first movies where i feel in love with amy adams..and her lovely behind.

so much for disney saying they wouldnt make a sequel to their classics

I got dragged along to see the first film against my will and was pleasantly surprised just how entertaining it was and how good Amy Adams was, will probably check out the sequel.

amy adams is what sells the movie, if she's not in the sequel, it just won't be the same

I'm pretty Disney will take any measure to get Adams to reprise her Giselle role, maybe a double-digit million paycheck. I wouldn't be surprised if she returns, since she owes her career revival to Enchanted's success. Not sure about Patrick Dempsey, he was already popular because of Grey's Anatomy.

But even Disney fast-tracks this movie and Adams agrees to return, the production will have to wait until after she gives birth and slims back down. Or the movie can shoot around Adams' pregnancy, plenty of movie and TV shows have done that too.

I don't see Adam's not doing it. Compared to her past projects, she seemed to enjoy Enchanted a lot and as it's been said, it's pretty much been her career catapult.

But I also don't see Disney shelling out too much money for her. The main reason there's no Giselle characters in any of the parks is because they didn't want to have to pay royalties to Adams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"