Disney's Disenchanted: Enchanted Sequel

Oh oh looks like the hero going to become villainous for a bit. The question is it her or did she get body snatchers by the evil Queen?

I liked the first one enough to check this out.

Trailer looks great!

But I'm really disappointed this is going to streaming. Agree that it should've gone to theaters. Disney's been putting so many movies on streaming recently - with promising box-office potential at that - that it's starting to bug the heck out of me.

This and Pinocchio could've easily pulled some major $ in theaters, and I honestly don't get why Disney is putting so many movies on Disney+ that probably could easily rake in millions in theaters.

Looks fun! The original was really good (way better than I expected it to be) and this looks like it will be a fun continuation.

The sequel looks like it lost the original’s satirical self-parody tone (which made it fun). Everyone including Amy looks too long in the tooth.

Last edited:
Trailer looks great!

But I'm really disappointed this is going to streaming. Agree that it should've gone to theaters. Disney's been putting so many movies on streaming recently - with promising box-office potential at that - that it's starting to bug the heck out of me.

This and Pinocchio could've easily pulled some major $ in theaters, and I honestly don't get why Disney is putting so many movies on Disney+ that probably could easily rake in millions in theaters.

For their price hike... they better be doing plenty of originals

You mean actors dared age? How rude of them.
And the actors' ages are perfect for the idea they seem to be going for of Gisele wishing for a fairy tale life turning her into a wicked stepmother... Seems like a wonderful set-up for Amy to let all of her wonderful talents loose.

And if I said what I really think about someone calling Amy in her current gorgeous, thicc, milfy mode "long in the tooth", I would have to ban myself. Pure misogyny.

And the actors' ages are perfect for the idea they seem to be going for of Gisele wishing for a fairy tale life turning her into a wicked stepmother... Seems like a wonderful set-up for Amy to let all of her wonderful talents loose.
I don't know DK. She seems a little long in the tooth to be playing any motherly figure. Would've made more sense if she was playing an even great grandmother. :o

I don't know DK. She seems a little long in the tooth to be playing any motherly figure. Would've made more sense if she was playing an even great grandmother. :o
If the poster who raised issue hadn't been a member here for almost 20 years, I would have assumed it was the folly of youth...

I mean any mature gentleman in their 30s or older, who has kids, knows that their female partner inevitably puts on a little extra softness as an evolutionary response to ensure that their body has sufficient energy reserves to, you know, feed your kids. :whatever:

Yeah, I have no clue on anyone thinking Adams and Dempsey don't look incredible here. :shrug:

But this seems like a lot of fun and a fitting follow-up to the original story. Only disappointment is it going straight to streaming. Freaking Chapek :argh:

Hocus Pocus going straight to streaming makes sense. This film? It should be released in theaters.

Hocus Pocus going straight to streaming makes sense. This film? It should be released in theaters.
Gotta keep selling those subscriptions. There's been more than a handful of direct-to-D+ movies that would have done well in theaters at this point. Aside from the Pixar ones like Turning Red, Soul and Luca, I think Chip N' Dale, Pinocchio, and now Hocus Pocus 2 and Disenchanted probably all would have done well.

I agree about Turning Red, Soul, and Luca since they were all made with theatrical distribution on the mind. As for Chip N’ Dale, I think that was created as a Disney+ exclusive from the beginning. I think it’s always a good thing when streaming movies are actually good. It elevates all the other movies meant for streaming. As for Disenchanted, I can see why some would be disappointed this is streaming since the first movie was theatrical. But I do hope Disney+ and other streaming services learn from Chip N’ Dale and create good original movies for their services.

I think the budget might have been kept lower on this by the simple fact that the first film filmed in a lot of big New York City locations - it being one of the most expensive cities to shoot in. This looks like it's mostly taking place at a cottage home out in the country.

Gotta keep selling those subscriptions. There's been more than a handful of direct-to-D+ movies that would have done well in theaters at this point. Aside from the Pixar ones like Turning Red, Soul and Luca, I think Chip N' Dale, Pinocchio, and now Hocus Pocus 2 and Disenchanted probably all would have done well.

Most of those were more a result of the ongoing pandemic. Pinocchio would've bombed, so it's good it didn't get a theatrical release.

The original Enchanted was a sleeper hit at the box office and made $340 million worldwide.

Most of those were more a result of the ongoing pandemic. Pinocchio would've bombed, so it's good it didn't get a theatrical release.

The original Enchanted was a sleeper hit at the box office and made $340 million worldwide.
Only Soul. Theaters were open again by the time Luca came out.

Only Soul. Theaters were open again by the time Luca came out.

Not necessarily, some of the releases were still trickling in 2021. Even Disney was doing day and date releases in 2021.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"