• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Disney's Frozen - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broadway star Idina Menzel talks 'Frozen' success

Always nice to read the star discusses about the success of his or her movie afterward it becomes a huge hit.

very nice!!

it does feel like Frozen's made a bigger "mainstream" mark than Tangled or Wreck-it Ralph did.

I wasn't really paying attention when Tangled came out, but when Wreck-it Ralph came out, I don't remember it garnering the same kind of attention Frozen has.

very nice!!

it does feel like Frozen's made a bigger "mainstream" mark than Tangled or Wreck-it Ralph did.

I wasn't really paying attention when Tangled came out, but when Wreck-it Ralph came out, I don't remember it garnering the same kind of attention Frozen has.

Frozen is the biggest hit from Disney since The Lion King, and it might even surpass it at the end (if the Sing Along release adds more to its gross). I think Frozen has a chance to be the biggest movie for Disney ever, but that depends how its fares in the remaining countries like China and Japan.

Tangled is almost like the 'Little Mermaid' of this generation that kickstarted the new 'era of Disney'. Sadly, THe Princess and the Frog just did okay enough despite having their first black princess (who was a damn frog 80% of the time anyway).

Frozen is the biggest hit from Disney since The Lion King, and it might even surpass it at the end (if the Sing Along release adds more to its gross). I think Frozen has a chance to be the biggest movie for Disney ever, but that depends how its fares in the remaining countries like China and Japan.

and they said no more princess movies...........:o

And I remember when the then-head of WB's productions said female led tentpole movies do not sell. (Hunger Games)

A lot of the times, as smart as they are, the heads of studios tend to be behind the curve.

And I remember when the then-head of WB's productions said female led tentpole movies do not sell. (Hunger Games)

A lot of the times, as smart as they are, the heads of studios tend to be behind the curve.

Studio heads are usually very conservative when it comes to greenlighting movies. That's why we are now seeing so many movies that are either sequels, reboots, or remakes. Hollywood would rather remake a recent movie that was rather mediocre (The Mummy) than taking a chance with a new idea.

awww man.........

where's the fun in that?? :csad: :oldrazz:

I had this goal a few years back to go to Disneyland just to get photos of me getting kissed by each of the then 10 Disney girls. Even if I did go I'm doubtful they'd want to go through with it. :hehe:

Tangled is almost like the 'Little Mermaid' of this generation that kickstarted the new 'era of Disney'.

A second renaissance? You could be correct. If you include Wreck it Ralph you've definitely got a case.

and they said no more princess movies...........:o

And I've seen Pixar boast about how they didn't make musicals.

Maybe they should re-think that strategy. :cwink:

It's nearly impossible to compare films from different eras, but going with raw numbers...

The Lion King is actually only the 3rd highest grossing animated movie in it's original run (non sequel). It made $312,855,560 in it's first run, but had 2 re-releases sinse then. It made $15,686,215 in 2002 and in 2011 it had the big 3D re-release where it made a further $94,242,001

Finding Nemo is the 2nd highest grossing animated movie (non sequel) in it's original run with $339,714,978. It was actually #1 until Frozen passed it yesterday.
Like The Lion King it had a re-release to add to its total, in 2012 it had a 3D re-release that added another $41,128,283.

Adding sequels into the mix, Shrek 2 holds the title with over 441m, all in its original run, Toy Story 3 is 2nd with 415m. No other animated movies have topped 400m in their original run, and The Lion King is the only one to top 400 with its re-releases with 422.

If Frozen does pass 400 it will be in some very exclusive company.
xmas-smiley-035.gif

edit

Last edited by a moderator:
It's nearly impossible to compare films from different eras, but going with raw numbers...

The Lion King is actually only the 3rd highest grossing animated movie in it's original run (non sequel). It made $312,855,560 in it's first run, but had 2 re-releases sinse then. It made $15,686,215 in 2002 and in 2011 it had the big 3D re-release where it made a further $94,242,001

Finding Nemo is the 2nd highest grossing animated movie (non sequel) in it's original run with $339,714,978. It was actually #1 until Frozen passed it yesterday.
Like The Lion King it had a re-release to add to its total, in 2012 it had a 3D re-release that added another $41,128,283.

Adding sequels into the mix, Shrek 2 holds the title with over 441m, all in its original run, Toy Story 3 is 2nd with 415m. No other animated movies have topped 400m in their original run, and The Lion King is the only one to top 400 with its re-releases with 422.

If Frozen does pass 400 it will be in some very exclusive company.
xmas-smiley-035.gif

it would be nice, but I'm not sure if Frozen can quite reach $400m.

it's still holding up relatively well, but the momentum has slowed way down.

And I've seen Pixar boast about how they didn't make musicals.

Maybe they should re-think that strategy. :cwink:

there's just something extra special about musicals.

the songs give you extra incentive to watch and enjoy the movie.

provided the songs are good.........of course.

that being said, I enjoyed Brave, even though it wasn't a musical.

But I love Frozen and Tangled way more........

However, for me, still nothing compares to the one masterpiece, both the film and the song.....

A Tale as Old as Time. A Song as Old as Rhyme.

Beauty-and-the-Beast-disney-18639076-640-979.jpg

[YT]psCJMLQy4Uk[/YT]

And then there's this for a close 2nd.

[YT]Cn4vh5xtQRU[/YT]

No matter what, those 2 are hands down my favorite Disney songs! Both of those just transport you to a magical place when you listen to them......

Last edited:
Devin Faraci just tweeted that he'd spent $30 if he could stream Frozen to watch it at home. I wonder how many people would do the same.

it would be nice, but I'm not sure if Frozen can quite reach $400m.

it's still holding up relatively well, but the momentum has slowed way down.

I think the Sing Along release will give Frozen the jolt it needs, perhaps to even make it cross $400. Btw, I don't understand how Shrek was able to make all those money; it was a very forgettable movie IMO.

I love the Disney animated musicals, but Pixar has made like 8 of the 11 greatest animated films I have seen. The Incredibles, Wall-E, Up, Nemo, Toy Story 1-3, Monsters Inc. That a film the quality of Ratatouille is on the outside looking is really something. They don't need to make musicals, they just need to start making great films again.

Beauty and the Beast and Frozen are the two that I'd put in there from Disney musicals.

I think the Sing Along release will give Frozen the jolt it needs, perhaps to even make it cross $400. Btw, I don't understand how Shrek was able to make all those money; it was a very forgettable movie IMO.

I hope the Sing Alongs can boost it up.

I never saw the appeal of the Shrek movies, either.

The first Shrek film was good, with a lot of relevant material at the time. It was one big pop culture reference, and people of the time usually get into films like that.

I love the Disney animated musicals, but Pixar has made like 8 of the 11 greatest animated films I have seen. The Incredibles, Wall-E, Up, Nemo, Toy Story 1-3, Monsters Inc. They don't need to make musicals, they just need to start making great films again.

Beauty and the Beast and Frozen are the two that I'd put in there from Disney musicals.

I'm still waiting for Incredibles 2...........:o

and I'd also add Little Mermaid and Tangled to the list of great animated films.

without either of those, we may never have had Beauty or Frozen. :cwink:

not too mention Mermaid and Tangled are both great films on their own.

I ******* LOVE Tangled!!

I'm still waiting for Incredibles 2...........:o

and I'd also add Little Mermaid and Tangled to the list of great animated films.

without either of those, we may never have had Beauty or Frozen. :cwink:

not too mention Mermaid and Tangled are both great films on their own.

I ******* LOVE Tangled!!
I just don't think they will do it without Brad Bird.

I really love Mermaid and Tangled, and they are enchanting as all get out. I think they are both great. But they aren't quite on that level imo. That they led to two greater films is a credit to them, but that doesn't make them as good.

I'd probably take the two Kung Fu Panda films, How to Train Your Dragon, The Iron Giant, Nightmare, and more then a few Miyazaki films first as well. Though I have probably watched Tangled and The Little Mermaid many more times. :woot:

why doesn't Brad Bird want to do an Incredibles sequel??

and if not a feature film, I would have thought Disney might have done a 2d animated tv show to continue the story.

why doesn't Brad Bird want to do an Incredibles sequel??

and if not a feature film, I would have thought Disney might have done a 2d animated tv show to continue the story.

Good question. I personally think if Pixar wants Incredibles 2, they can find another director and not have to be forced to wait for Brad Bird to agree to direct the sequel. But I'd rather not have a sequel if they were to give it to the same studio who made Planes last year; better a non-sequel than a lousy one imo.

Good question. I personally think if Pixar wants Incredibles 2, they can find another director and not have to be forced to wait for Brad Bird to agree to direct the sequel. But I'd rather not have a sequel if they were to give it to the same studio who made Planes last year; better a non-sequel than a lousy one imo.

amen.

and that would go for Frozen, too, if they want to do a sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back