Disney's Frozen - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
708047AladdinGenieGeronimo.gif

634984AladdinGeniePocahontas.gif

I know Beauty and the Beast gets all the glory, but Lion King I feel is the peak of that golden period. Although to be honest I'm kinda biased towards it given it's the only film I can relate to.

There are the Disney movies I have on blu-ray:

Bambi
Beauty and the Beast
Cinderella
Dumbo
Fantasia/Fantasia 2000
The Lion King
The Princess and the Frog
Pinocchio
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Sleeping Beauty
Tangled
Wreck-It Ralph

The Pixar movies I have are:

A Bugs Life
Brave
Cars
Monsters Inc.
Toy Story 1-3
Up (my favorite)
Wall*E

The rest I have on DVD, and I'm trying to upgrade as they go along.

Great, that Genie gif just ruined Pocahontas for me. :mad:

It looks like Disney wants to push the grosses for Frozen as far as they will go. It's just been announced Frozen will be re-released in France on March 15. I believe it's just the sing-a-long version, but there may be regular shows as well. South Korea gets the sing-a-long version March 6.
I'm kind of expecting other overseas markets to be announced too, especially the markets where it was really big, like Germany, Brazil, Mexico, Spain, Russia and Sweden (Still no solid numbers from Sweden, but it won the weekend there again, making 5 straight weeks at #1 there)

do you think they will increase the domestic theater count to boost domestic to $400M?

Oh, Leo...it'll happen one day...

Idina Menzel will be on Tonight with Jimmy Fallon tonight.

Idina performing Let It Go with Fallon and the Roots:

Raiden, jacobed beat you to that by a few minutes he posted it just before you did above :hehe:

Raiden, jacobed beat you to that by a few minutes he posted it just before you did above :hehe:

D'oh! I didn't bother to check his link before I posted mine. :o Oh well.

Btw, Idina seemed very relaxed in this performance, and was able to hit the two high notes with relative ease. She is definitely much happier there.

I know Beauty and the Beast gets all the glory, but Lion King I feel is the peak of that golden period.
I agree. TLK is pretty much my favorite Disney movie ever.

Agreed. The Lion King is perfection. And while BATB is better, I honestly always enjoyed Aladdin and even The Little Mermaid more. Childhood nostalgia likely plays a part on those last two.

oh, and would Frozen be considered the Lion King of the Revival or the BB??

Tangled is the Mermaid.

Frozen is the BB??

I am aware this will annoy some fans of the Renaissance era, but I think Frozen is most applicable to The Little Mermaid. Tangled is great, but it may be the "Great Mouse Detective" if you think about it. A movie that had a lot of good elements, but wasn't quite there yet. Not like the Renaissance films were, anyway.

I think Tangled show the potential of Disney coming back. Frozen is that potential delivered upon. The way it has knocked people off their feet is similar to how families and adults reacted to Mermaid. After that, everyone was onboard for more and were going to see Disney movies with kids or not. I think that is the best comparison to what Frozen is. It is the one that changed the game and public perception.

Last edited:
One thing I have always found curious about the Broadway community: yes, Idina Menzel was not her best on Oscar night. She was off-pitch at times and missed the final high note.

But there is almost a kind of...vindication about it amongst theater community's fans. Not a "it's a shame she wasn't her best," but more of a "she was so terrible, :o " kind of vibe.

Hey Bobby Lopez is there a song about it?

Yes, but you can't post it on the Hype.

So, go google: schadenfreude from Avenue Q, instead! :D Kind of sums up the surprising amount of gleeful Menzel bashing coming out of the woodwork as of late.

One thing I have always found curious about the Broadway community: yes, Idina Menzel was not her best on Oscar night. She was off-pitch at times and missed the final high note.

But there is almost a kind of...vindication about it amongst theater community's fans. Not a "it's a shame she wasn't her best," but more of a "she was so terrible, :o " kind of vibe.

Hey Bobby Lopez is there a song about it?

Yes, but you can't post it on the Hype.

So, go google: schadenfreude from Avenue Q, instead! :D Kind of sums up the surprising amount of gleeful Menzel bashing coming out of the woodwork as of late.
Yeah, I find that the Broadway fandom as a whole can be particularly...catty about singers. I guess it's because more than with superhero fans or movie fans, the large portion of that fandom are people (singers/performers) trying to be a part of it professionally, so they can be extra judgmental about it. Or something. Just the impression I've gotten as a non-performer who likes a lot of Broadway stuff and so is a casual member of that fandom by default.

Yes, Idina had an off-night. But off-nights are guaranteed to happen when you perform live on a regular basis, and she handled it like a pro, imo. And I thought she sounded great in that Fallon video. :up:

And I too enjoy Aladdin and TLM more than BatB. :woot:

Last edited:
The movie's made over a billion dollars.

There WILL be a sequel.

It's Shakespeare with animals basically. On top of that I don't know about the all male members on the hype but the film is really the only one of the Disney Renaissance films that I can relate to being it's about fathers and sons and about becoming a man. Most of the other films of that period are good as films but don't resonate to me because they are too female skewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"