• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Disney's Wreck-It Ralph - coming 2012

Hell yeah. They're showing so many tv spots for this movie... the marketing is fantastic.

Definitely will be on par with their classics, at least I hope so.

I'm sure all the kids born after the year 2000 will appreciate the Q*bert cameo.

They'll have plenty to appreciate. That one's for the older generation.

Just view it as Toy Story. There were old school toys and new school toys/references throughout the series. I hope this one gets a sequel that expands like that did.

If this is successful, which it probably will be, of course it's getting a sequel.

I can't get over how Clyde and Q*Bert have those bad ass expressions on their faces in the poster.

I entered that contest on AICN for an early screening in Chicago this Thursday and actually won, so I shall provide a mini review late Thursday night.

Congrats, man.

Here's Lynch on Ellen as Sgt. Calhoun.

522921_544651632218349_164711769_n.jpg

I was just watching Ellen lol. She looked pretty badass in her outfit.

I watched both Schmoes Know's and Jeremy Jahns' reviews of this film, and both of them loved it.

I was looking forward to seeing this when it came out, but now I'm definitely going on opening day.

Just got back from the early screening AICN had in Chicago. It basically is Toy Story for gamers, and it is just as good as that first one. The story you already know, Ralph hates being viewed as an outcast by the inhabitants of Fix-It Felix Jr., and hits Hero's Duty in an attempt to win a medal in order to impress them enough to gain acceptance. He gets the medal but mistakenly lands in Sugar Rush Speedway, the kart racing game where he meets Vanellope. I won't get too into detail so as not to spoil, but the flick has a few twists along the way you don't expect just from the marketing. It gets pretty dark at times, but does poke fun at itself and gaming in general via Rich Moore. There is a LOT of Futurama-esque humor in the movie, so you know what to expect from that. He also threw in a lot of classic nods to gaming easter eggs and memes from across the decades, and you'll know them when you see them, some of them are so obscure you can't believe they knew about them. It will definitely go into the pantheon as a classic though.

Yeah, and they also
take a little jab at Mario not being included in the movie.

Last edited:
Surprised they didn't use Link. Don't even need to pay a voice actor.

Then again you probably wouldn't find too many Zelda arcade games.

Can't wait for this. I absolutely want to watch this badly.

And the merchandises/toys.....the Sugar Rush characters look so lovely and adorable

Definately will be flying off the shelves and selling like hot cakes this holiday season

My video review for this great movie! Disney outperformed Pixar this year for sure!

[YT]Ff1_sK2Ke8U[/YT]

The concept of game jumping has so much potential. But they really didn't use it all that much here. They only jumped into two other games.

But hey, that's what sequels are for.

I have an extreme urge to play Sugar Rush after seeing this movie

I loved this movie up until Sugar Rush than I just lost complete interest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"