• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Disney's Wreck-It Ralph - coming 2012

My video review for this great movie! Disney outperformed Pixar this year for sure!

[YT]Ff1_sK2Ke8U[/YT]
I agree. This was better than Brave which I think needed another few draft polishes or something.

That damn Sugar Rush J-Pop theme is an earworm. Also, I liked the shout out they did at the end of the credits with the Disney logo.

Really enjoyed the film. Despite what some might think, the film really slows down once Ralph reaches Sugar Rush but it's also where a lot of the character development happens too. Loved all the game nods. The first shots in Game Central Station were so full of awesome.

The characters were great, and I genuinely enjoyed all the performances. Jane Lynch was better than I expected and Sarah Silverman's character was more charming than I had thought she might be. Saw it in 2D so can't comment on that.

3D was good and I pretty much agree with you, DreamMaster. It's got boring once they reached to Sugar Rush. I wish there was more of them involving the official game characters like Sonic into the 2nd half.

I loved this and I feel like incorporating more characters would have been cool but not economically feasible an i feel lik that would have cheapens the movie or taken too much focus of the main characters.

I thought that the movie was pretty damn great. I loved all of the characters, the jokes were funny and the movie was just overall pretty. I loved the whole Sugar Rush segment.

3D was good and I pretty much agree with you, DreamMaster. It's got boring once they reached to Sugar Rush. I wish there was more of them involving the official game characters like Sonic into the 2nd half.

I have mixed feelings on that.

But they may be saving some characters for a sequel. If you consider that Felix and Ralph are basically homages of Mario and Donkey Kong, they might have some sort of homage to Sonic in the next flick (since he was Mario's rival).

OMG i loved this film...best animated film i have seen since Toy Story 3

And yes finally Disney beats Pixar.

Wreck it Ralph > Brave

I hear that it's Disney's Animation's highest debut of all-time. They're really going strong.

I'm actually too embarrassed to see this by myself. I wish my niece was older so I could take her as an excuse.

I'll probably see it in a week or two.

Most of the references are for older people anyway. I went last night and it was mostly people in their 20's and up.

Wreck-It Ralph I felt was great! I really enjoyed all the video game references and the twist. Also, people are complaining about the movie being in Sugar Rush most of the second half but as others said, you get lots of development there and also I feel as though there has to be some sense of containment though I do understand the criticism that people wanted more of a sprawling adventure.

First off, to the people who have seen it, thank you for keeping spoilers hidden. I haven't read the spoilers lol.

Secondly, us guys over in the Uk have to wait til February 2013 for the theatrical release. I've been looking forward to this film for 2 years! I wanna watch it so badly, but I'm sure I can wait 3 months lol :oldrazz:

Glad to read that you lot have enjoyed it :yay:

What a great movie!

I loved this movie and I loved catching all of the clever game references and cameos. I didn't mind most of the movie taking place in Sugar Rush because I felt it was a really colorful and diverse world. The characters were great, writing was witty, and it felt like a Disney movie from the 90's. I'd love to see a sequel.

Seriously, Disney's last four efforts have been really good. I'd say they're close to being in another Renaissance if they aren't already.

When I saw Lasseter's name in the credits as exec producer, I nodded because it definitely felt like something he had his hand in, especially with all the twists.

The concept of game jumping has so much potential. But they really didn't use it all that much here. They only jumped into two other games.

But hey, that's what sequels are for.

Walt Disney Animation Studios have only ever released 1 sequel in it's official canon, and that was The Rescuers Down Under.

So as much as I would like it to happen (before seeing the film LOL), I doubt it will :csad:

Loved it. I thought it was even better than Pixar's last two feature films, which says a lot. Perhaps John Lasseter needs to shake up Pixar and get some fresh blood like Rich Moore doing Pixar-branded projects.

What a great movie!

I loved this movie and I loved catching all of the clever game references and cameos. I didn't mind most of the movie taking place in Sugar Rush because I felt it was a really colorful and diverse world. The characters were great, writing was witty, and it felt like a Disney movie from the 90's. I'd love to see a sequel.

Seriously, Disney's last four efforts have been really good. I'd say they're close to being in another Renaissance if they aren't already.

I agree, but I would also throw Bolt into that mix.

Bolt (at the time) became my new favourite Disney film.
The Princess & The Frog was a great return to 2D/hand-drawn animation.
Tangled is currently my favourite animated Disney film.
Winnie the Pooh was a great return to the franchise.

Judging by the glowing reviews, Wreck-It Ralph is a great addition.

I'm also eagerly awaiting Frozen too (Disney's re-telling of The Snow Queen). First it was gonna be hand-drawn, then the film was put on ice (no pun intended), then it was revisited and given the greenlight; albeit with an animation change (CGI) and title change :oldrazz:

Also, they're clearly emulating Pixar here. Why wouldn't they do a sequel then?

Walt Disney Animation Studios have only ever released 1 sequel in it's official canon, and that was The Rescuers Down Under.

So as much as I would like it to happen (before seeing the film LOL), I doubt it will :csad:

So all the aladdin sequels and Lionking sequels aren't official canon?

The Aladdin sequels are pretty much an extension of the animated series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"