Do we know when heroes come back on air?

who cares?

who cares about theatre... I'm saying that 70% of the tripe that makes it to TV, is not worth the salary the writer earned for delivering such nonsense

This is different from other forms of entertainment how?

HELLO, directors in theatre have this perogative too
Obviously, you don't know much about theatre. No one can alter a play script in any way without the writer's permission. Once the playwright has written a play and premiered in a theatre, it cannot be changed. Even during the rehearsals, only the playwright can change the play. It might be different in the States, but this is generally the rule with plays. The director can change how people deliver the lines in the script, but he cannot change those words given to a character in the play. Now, after a century or so, the copyright on a play is no longer effective in the sense that the play can be altered without the playwright's (or the family of the playwright or publishing company after the playwright's death) permission. Scripts for Theatre do get altered, but it is the playwright who makes these changes. An example is Oscar Wilde with his play, The Importance of Being Earnest. It originally had four acts, but the theatre place he wished to play it at wanted him to shorten it to three acts, which Wilde did. And, I can keep ranting like this because it happens to be the profession in Theatre I am most interested in, but you probably found one tiny flaw in all I wrote and will not consider anything else I wrote, so I'll stop and let you rant some more, but I won't comment anymore on this.

I really don't care anymore. It's like if the police strike for a legit reason, nobody really cares,,, until their houses start getting robbed.

What I'm saying... is unions should never strike for long term. Hurting your producers in the wallet is fair... but hurting your audience, your market is a serious no no, they are not the ones at fault, and one should not be making them pay the price. Again, I think these writers get paid too much for the crap that is released on TV (that's a generalization).

I probably wasn't very clear with this, but what I was trying to get at in my last post was that we as audience members barely see what the writer actually wanted on screen. They pretty much provide the building blocks for the movie and from there, the director picks and chooses what he wants to keep or add to. So, it's not the writers who are getting paid for crap, it's the directors. As we say in theatre, which may be more true with the film industry, "If a show is bad, it's always the director who is to blame." (which is just figurative)

anyone think that they should put out Heroes: Volume 2 on dvd soon? (i didnt catch a lot of it this season and missed Volume 2 and with the strike still goin on, who knows when we'll see volume 3.)

anyone think that they should put out Heroes: Volume 2 on dvd soon? (i didnt catch a lot of it this season and missed Volume 2 and with the strike still goin on, who knows when we'll see volume 3.)

Don't hold your hopes up, nothing listred and looks like it'll be a bit before it comes out

if you do Netflix, you can watch all of Season 1 and 2 online in really nice quality.

What I'm saying... is unions should never strike for long term. Hurting your producers in the wallet is fair... but hurting your audience, your market is a serious no no, they are not the ones at fault, and one should not be making them pay the price. Again, I think these writers get paid too much for the crap that is released on TV (that's a generalization).

How much do writers get paid, since you somehow think they get paid too much?

In addition, it doesn't really matter if they get paid too much if they don't get paid enough to live off of.

And since when does an audience have 'rights.' Since when does anyone owe me something just for watching TV... something I don't pay for unless I specifically want to?

And you can't hurt the producers in the wallet without affecting the audience... that's where, ostensibly, the producers get their money from.

You seem to be living in some alternate timeline where an audience deserves something for sitting on their butt and being entertained, where all writers make enough money to live off of and where better writers who will work for less money are sitting around just waiting for their chance to make TV perfect.

The word "fault" implies 'wrong' and no one has done anything 'wrong.' Everyone is working well within their rights, or else there would be arrests going on.

How much do writers get paid, since you somehow think they get paid too much?

In addition, it doesn't really matter if they get paid too much if they don't get paid enough to live off of.

And since when does an audience have 'rights.' Since when does anyone owe me something just for watching TV... something I don't pay for unless I specifically want to?

And you can't hurt the producers in the wallet without affecting the audience... that's where, ostensibly, the producers get their money from.

You seem to be living in some alternate timeline where an audience deserves something for sitting on their butt and being entertained, where all writers make enough money to live off of and where better writers who will work for less money are sitting around just waiting for their chance to make TV perfect.

The word "fault" implies 'wrong' and no one has done anything 'wrong.' Everyone is working well within their rights, or else there would be arrests going on.

I don't care how much they get paid. Anybody who gets paid for the 'generations' segment of Heroes, doesn't deserve the money they got for it. That also goes for a majority of writing that goes on for TV in general.

alright, now given that the strike is almost over (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=41798), when do you think we could expect Heroes back? is it possible for a fall season premier? or depending on how much stuff they have completed already, could it be much later? what about about earlier? i'm not very savvy with this sort of thing, so any guidance would be appreciated. :up:

Strikewatch Exclusive! TV Bosses Reveal What's Next for Our Favorite Shows

Heroes

What We're Hearing: Though an official decision has not yet been made, the most likely scenario is that Heroes will not return to our small screens until this fall. We've heard from a few crew members that they've been told they are not likely to return to set this season. Word is, the writers want a bit of breathing room to get the storyline up and running. Stay tuned on this one...

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=b163d6b8-3327-49da-b8d8-16696cec775d

Not to rain on everyone's parade, but the strike isn't technically over, yet. As I understand it, there are two votes yet before the Guild's members. The actual membership has not voted to accept the agreement. The agreement is tentative between the Guild negotiators and the studio. More likely the members will accept, but there is a chance the members would reject it. OTOH, another vote is whether or not to stop picketing as the talks are in good faith. They could go back to work and then final negotiations could fall through.

Like in buying a home, this is the point where things are agreed but nothing is yet signed.

I fully expect things are fine, but keep in mind it is technically not over.

I really want Heroes to come back...I can't stand all this reality tv nonsense. The Sarah Connor tv show is a nice heroes substitute though, sorta like Splenda. lol

New season won't start until September :(

I've been extremely busy here at the Berlin Film Festival having already screened a dozen movies. Full reports on those to follow soon. But first I wanted to pass along some bad news -

Today I got to spend 20 minutes with everyone's favorite cheerleader, Hayden Panettiere. She is promoting her new film FIREFLIES IN THE GARDEN. Anyway, she confirmed that even though the strike is over, Heroes is definitely done for the season. New shooting will not start until April which she will arrive a bit late for as she will be finishing up another film in Canada. So I guess we have to wait until at least September. Full transcription of that interview coming after the festival.

:csad:

It appears to have been confirmed that it''ll be back on the air in 2009.

Personally, They have broken far too many promises and made way too many creative compromises to bring me back as a first run viewer. If I ever see Season 3, it will be in reruns and on DVD after the series has been canceled. I say this even if the whole thing does run out the full five seasons.

Maybe since it won't be back until september. Hopefully they can use this time to create a good story. Not getting my hopes up though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"