Do you still watch Fantastic Four?

Mr Sensitive said:
Insulting you? How? That's a clear rhetorical inversion.

What would you say if people started calling you disrespectful when you were not?

Let's get that straight.

No threats from my part, but I'm telling you you're pushing it without any need, and without a good reason, out of proselytism. That seems enough for one to present a fair limit.
You claim i insulted you ? that i am in some way perverting your words to use as ammunition and am in turn doing as i accuse you ?

It would depend greatly on if i was being disrespectful,we all have the capacity for it and i am willing to own up if i have shot at someone

As i have said twice now i am willing to accept you were not meaning the words to come off as they did

hunter rider said:
You claim i insulted you ? that i am in some way perverting your words to use as ammunition and am in turn doing as i accuse you ?

It would depend greatly on if i was being disrespectful,we all have the capacity for it and i am willing to own up if i have shot at someone

As i have said twice now i am willing to accept you were not meaning the words to come off as they did

Hunter, let’s be done with it once and for all.

You called me disrespectful with JMAfan, who happens to be your highly regarded friend.

I say: not guilty. She put her question to Lightning here in the forum, and I didn’t answer in his place (as she afterwards would accuse me of having done, calling me, for the first time in this contention, disrespectful).

As I said, I didn’t answer for him. I added a playful commentary, as the situation reminded me of a song. Just that. If you don’t believe me, go back and read it.

So: there was no need whatsoever for her to come up hot-headed. We had our arguments before, but, as I said, no need for it now.

Once she offered her opinion about my very singular person, I said that it was useless trying to play this mommy role on me, for that was what she was doing. She insisted, and etc, etc, etc. And you came in on board.

Summing up: I answered her first offence that, if had never occurred, it would be all ok. If that’s not what it seems to you, after all, qui possum facere (“what can I do”, like is said in the old Phaedrus’s fable)?

To end it, Mr. S, I felt that it was disrespectful to use the post that I did to Caliph to once again show your disdain for the movie. Thats what I saw it as, and thats where the disrespect comment came from. Honestly, as did everyone else, you could have simply ignored the post and allowed Caliph to reply or not to reply. If that was not your intention, then so be it. I look at consistency of posts, and thats where your consistency lies, taking posts that are positive, or show a semblance of positive and use them to show your disdain for the movie...WE KNOW where your opinion lies at this point, and to use a post that was obviously meant for someone else was in my perspective rude. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong...Rob saw your comments to me as rude, if he's wrong...he's wrong...I decided that my post to Caliph was no longer valid or usable after your posts, and my replies to them, thats why I took them down...I saw no insistence of anything on my part...

*I saw it as rude....my perception...I've seen others post a obviously important post to someone else specific on here, and I've given them the courtesy of a personal reply before I commented....I expected that from others....obviously I expected too much from some....won't happen again....
*I did not comment on either your "mommy" comment..or the other.....I could care less about that...actually didn't even know what you meant by the "mommy" thing....again, don't care...I actually saw the whole confrontation as dumb and decided to simply delete my portion of the comments...why? because my post was to Caliph not to you, and our discussion ONLY TOOK AWAY from my first post....therefore better to delete the whole thing...

I would give you a further explanation of my choice to do this, but I do not see the need, nor do I have the desire to explain further on anything....moving on.....

I to will move on,crossed wires.......perhaps....

The Female Torch said:
I watched it, unitl it got boring, and I found out it had no bloopers :(

I would love it if the DVD/Director's cut has bloopers! I only saw a few when you got the bonus DVD from Wal-Mart. There were a couple in Julian's segment, where he goofs around with the light pole that he whacks the Thing with and another where he is simulating firing the energy blasts at Ioan off camera.

Iron Maiden said:
I would love it if the DVD/Director's cut has bloopers! I only saw a few when you got the bonus DVD from Wal-Mart. There were a couple in Julian's segment, where he goofs around with the light pole that he whacks the Thing with and another where he is simulating firing the energy blasts at Ioan off camera.

Agree....

JMAfan said:
To end it, Mr. S, I felt that it was disrespectful to use the post that I did to Caliph to once again show your disdain for the movie. Thats what I saw it as, and thats where the disrespect comment came from. Honestly, as did everyone else, you could have simply ignored the post and allowed Caliph to reply or not to reply. If that was not your intention, then so be it. I look at consistency of posts, and thats where your consistency lies, taking posts that are positive, or show a semblance of positive and use them to show your disdain for the movie...WE KNOW where your opinion lies at this point, and to use a post that was obviously meant for someone else was in my perspective rude. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong...Rob saw your comments to me as rude, if he's wrong...he's wrong...I decided that my post to Caliph was no longer valid or usable after your posts, and my replies to them, thats why I took them down...I saw no insistence of anything on my part...

*I saw it as rude....my perception...I've seen others post a obviously important post to someone else specific on here, and I've given them the courtesy of a personal reply before I commented....I expected that from others....obviously I expected too much from some....won't happen again....
*I did not comment on either your "mommy" comment..or the other.....I could care less about that...actually didn't even know what you meant by the "mommy" thing....again, don't care...I actually saw the whole confrontation as dumb and decided to simply delete my portion of the comments...why? because my post was to Caliph not to you, and our discussion ONLY TOOK AWAY from my first post....therefore better to delete the whole thing...

I would give you a further explanation of my choice to do this, but I do not see the need, nor do I have the desire to explain further on anything....moving on.....

Yet you wrote “to end it”, and kept going on.

What bugs me is: so it’s disrespectful (according to you) that I take someone else’s post to repeat, with modulations, my bad opinion on the movie, whereas when you do the opposite, take someone else’s post to repeat, with modulations, your good opinion on the movie, is not.

What a very peculiar conception of justice, yours!

You talk about consistency, yet you post many opinions which are just to say how you have fun with the movie, or to add one or two news about the stars.

So when I comment on the weaknesses of it, it is not consistent?

What, exactly, do you call consistency, which is so different from the dictionary definition?

Corolary (of your views): if you agree the movie was fun and it’s ok, keep posting, even if it is to repeat that opinion. If you do not, forget it.

Moving on.

PS: Lightning's post didn't even show a "semblance" of being favourable. It showed disappointment with the final result, actually.

Mr Sensitive said:

What bugs me is: so it’s disrespectful (according to you) that I take someone else’s post to repeat, with modulations, my bad opinion on the movie, whereas when you do the opposite, take someone else’s post to repeat, with modulations, your good opinion on the movie, is not.

You talk about consistency, yet you post many opinions which are just to say how you have fun with the movie, or to add one or two news about the stars.

What, exactly, do you call consistency, which is so different from the dictionary definition?

Corolary (of your views): if you agree the movie was fun and it’s ok, keep posting, even if it is to repeat that opinion. If you do not, forget it.

Moving on.

PS: Lightning's post didn't even show a "semblance" of being favourable. It showed disappointment with the final result, actually.

Have you read my opinion of the movie? apparently its not all that great...I have said that I enjoyed the movie watching it with different people when the post before talked of enjoyment....or maybe non-enjoyment of the movie, I posted that some did in fact enjoy the movie....do I take every post to show that....hell no....and to even say that is ridiculous....ask anyone here....I even started a thread on my problems with the movie....and everyonce in awhile I will relate back to that thread or if the post I replied to talks about that.

I DID NOT SAY that it was disrespectful of you to do that on every occasssion.....I SAID IT WAS RUDE ON THAT OCCASSION....with that post....that was to a specific person, and it would have been nice if you had been considerate to allow the person that the post was obviously written to to reply FIRST.......

Do not start the **** of me being positive all the time....I had to deal with that last year.....and you can go back in my history and not find ONE POST....where I said the movie was going to be great, awesome, bad, indifferent otherwise......NOR have I only been positive with the movie after I saw it....

My post was not to give anyone another opportunity to slam a movie....it was a post asking a person a question....maybe they would have answered...maybe not......it was a serious question....and you used it to poke fun, and use your little quips...ONCE AGAIN to me that was insenstive on the part of a person who's SN is Mr. Sensitive.....THAT was what was rude in my opinion....NOT THAT YOU do it on every post....but that you used that PARTICULAR post.......you can slam the movie all you want....I don't have a problem with that at all.....I've even been told I do it too much....BUT to use that post....for another opportunity on your part...YES was rude in my perception......

AND YES ON OCCASION I STILL WATCH THE MOVIE WITH DIFFERENT PEOPLE....AND ENJOY IT......doesn't mean I have to be at one end of the spectrum or another....nor do I post ONLY on that spectrum of positive, and for you to even mention that...shows you have no clue of my stand....and thats fine...who cares.

P.S. I have never said the movie was fun, and THATS OK.....I'm not OK with the first movie, (but does that mean that I can't enjoy it when others do?)and if you haven't figured that out from my posts....WOW, you must have me on ignore....

Ya see the biggest difference really, is that I'm happy when people talk about enjoying this movie, I'm happy for them....I don't necessarily see a need to slam the movie one more time and inturn slam their enjoyment of it....

Mr Sensitive said:

Moving on.

....his post months ago, was that he "LOVED" the movie more each time he saw, EVEN WITH the problems with DOOM. It's his most recent posts that seem so negative and less balanced than what he is known for.....my post was a question of what happened to the person "I" knew since July 2004, because what I had seen of his posts lately were very different......using those two posts was to show why I felt that way.....

There is a new reason to celebrate:

$56 Million Dollar Opening....

...wow. What the hell!? :D:up: This is VERY good news, and a more than solid opening. I've seen it 3 times now, and each time I see it, I admit I love it more, despite the glaring problems with Dr. Doom. :o

The interesting thing is...the audiences are totally eating this up. Adults, children, the movie has really connected with folks. Kids coming out of the theatres screaming "Flame On!" and "Clobberin' Time"! and adults with smiles and giddy convo.

I'm stepping outside of my fanboy and looking at this objectively for a minute: Could we be looking at this summer's "National Treasure"--a film that wasn't initially a critical pick, but a runaway success with moviegoers anyway?

THAT didn't show a semblance? Are you kidding????

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6151787&postcount=93 just to make sure that it is clear I made NO edits to his post....

That opinion has changed drastically from his posts a few months ago.... That was my question Mr. S....the guy I knew last year seems to have vanished the guy that started great threads (not necessarily always positive, you weren't here in July 2004, he wasn't exactly positive) but he didn't have a defeatist attitude either....I asked in PM's, nothing happened...so I thought I would try it on the board.....and used those 2 posts as my example....you on the other hand used them for another one of your little quips, and another slam to the movie, NOT even being sensitive enough to wait and see if he might answer.....

But, thats probably now a question that won't be answered at all....

THAT is what I'm moving on from.....it will simply be an unanswered question....

As far as your comments to me that HR replied about.....I moved on from those THAT DAY....

JMAfan said:
THAT didn't show a semblance? Are you kidding????

That did, of course. Out of enthusiasm, even I were less, how do you call it? "negative".

It has nothing to do with being balanced, for I understand Lightning is balanced as usual.

Or would you prefer him being a blind optimistic?

[Awww, stupid question]

About your "moving on": in fact you didn't, and that's why I just added a perplexed pair of doubts. But they are self-answerable.

Mr Sensitive said:
That did, of course. Out of enthusiasm, even I were less, how do you call it? "negative".

It has nothing to do with being balanced, for I understand Lightning is balanced as usual.

Or would you prefer him being a blind optimistic?

[Awww, stupid question]

About your "moving on": in fact you didn't, and that's why I just added a perplexed pair of doubts. But they are self-answerable.

You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about....

"blind optimism"....wow, you truly have no clue, and have truly not read my posts....its funny I thought you actually were....stupid thought on my part....

Sorry Webster, I derailed your thread.....back on track....:)

JMAfan said:
You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about....

"blind optimism"....wow, you truly have no clue, and have truly not read my posts....its funny I thought you actually were....stupid thought on my part....

Sorry Webster, I derailed your thread.....back on track....:)

edit: I'm humbly sorry for having offended you. I misread your post, and thought you were offending me.

And it is my fault, completely, and I apologize for my rudeness.

JMAFan and Mr. Sensitive,
In your endless debate over rudeness, I think you should both realize how rude you have been to Webhead who started a decent thread that people seemed to have been enjoying. It has been completely reduced to your childish bickering and has been ruined. And, Mr. Sinsitive, before you bother telling me I was rude for replying to a post not aimed at me - I don't care. You have monopolized someone else's thread for your own personal unrelated agenda so other people are reading it. If you want to talk directly to another person, there are wonderful things called instant messages and e-mail which work very effectively. As for JMA, I understand and agree with your stance but you keep telling him the debate is over and you won't respond again, only to respond again. If you would truly refuse to respond to the child, as I promise I will do to any responses to this post, eventually he will stop. You are just giving him what he wants. To conclude, I think you both owe Webhead a sincere apology.

spiderwasp said:
JMAFan and Mr. Sensitive,
In your endless debate over rudeness, I think you should both realize how rude you have been to Webhead who started a decent thread that people seemed to have been enjoying. It has been completely reduced to your childish bickering and has been ruined. And, Mr. Sinsitive, before you bother telling me I was rude for replying to a post not aimed at me - I don't care. You have monopolized someone else's thread for your own personal unrelated agenda so other people are reading it. If you want to talk directly to another person, there are wonderful things called instant messages and e-mail which work very effectively. As for JMA, I understand and agree with your stance but you keep telling him the debate is over and you won't respond again, only to respond again. If you would truly refuse to respond to the child, as I promise I will do to any responses to this post, eventually he will stop. You are just giving him what he wants. To conclude, I think you both owe Webhead a sincere apology.

Ummmm apparently you didn't read the last line of my last post....:) and also seems you've done the same thing.....its easy to do isn't it....lol

spiderwasp said:
And, Mr. Sinsitive, before you bother telling me I was rude for replying to a post not aimed at me - I don't care. You have monopolized someone else's thread for your own personal unrelated agenda so other people are reading it. If you want to talk directly to another person, there are wonderful things called instant messages and e-mail which work very effectively.

Waspy,
your void words against me doesn't ask for an answer.

1 point: I won't tell you you were rude for replying to a post not aimed at you, because that's what JMfan did, not me.

2 point: you are right about Webhead, and I apologize having to go writing all that debate because people want an argument. I'm sorry, Webhead.

hunter rider said:
Thank you

The strange fact is that it didn't bother you when she called me "stupid".

edit: no, you are right. I just read JMfan's post again and she wrote "stupid thought on my part". I misread, and that was my fault, only.

I still watch the movie once in awhile, but, from what my kids tell me the watch thier's at least once a week. :D Proud papa here.

I dont have the DVD. I tired to buy it last week, but they didnt have any at circuit city. I'll try again this week. Wasnt a big fan of the movie though. Just trying to collect all marvel movies.

watched it today, but watched it with the cast commantary, on which DVD did you say there was bloopers on iron maiden?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"