Venom Do you think that Venom will be in the MCU?

a user

Civilian
Reaction score
With Sony's Venom being a surprising box office success and their ambitions of working with the character with the MCU, what do you think?

I think Feige and co would be foolish to pass up the opportunity to include Venom in their MCU. It’s potential huge money in the bank that they could have.

Besides, we already know that Marvel Studios has given Sony permission to use their characters - Iron Man being a prime example. Time will tell if Sony’s Version of the MCU will be able to join the MCU.

As long as they retain complete creative control. Venom will one day be in a MCU film, and most likely it will be Tom Hardy’s version, but Marvel Studios wants complete control when writing the story -that includes Venom.

The general consensus (among the die hard fans, Marvel Studios’ alumni) with Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool has been extended to Tom Hardy as Venom. Money talks. And Venom has beaten Marvel Studios’ one solo origin efforts (Captain America, Thor, Ant Man) with Venom and you can be sure that the results speak for themselves and are resounding in the minds of Marvel Studios’ executives.

No, i dont think he will. I do believe there is a chance of seeing Holland's spiderman in a future Venom movie or another movie from Sony's spiderverse though.

I'll just say I hope so.

I think the likelihood we see Venom/a symbiote/black suit in the mcu is like 30% or less.
The likelihood we see Tom Holland (or hear his voice) in a Venom sequel, thus placing Venom in the MCU indirectly, is a little higher maybe 50-60%.

But I do hope so. I think they did well enough to warrant not only a sequel, but a little bit of positive retribution from Marvel/Disney. Maybe with a little help from the Mouse house they could do the next appearance(s) even better.

Personally i think the idea of oh it made money at the box office... yeah it can be part of our MCU is kinda superficial and i don't think that would be the deciding factor here.

Its like saying oh Inhumans isn't part of the MCU because it sucked... no its part of the MCU and that was decided long ago.

Im in the the MCU does not need Spider-Man anymore because of the deal camp. They are about to get back an unlimited amount of new characters through the Mutants alone. The MCU could also introduce more never before seen or heard of Mutants for fresh experiences in the vein of Guardians Of The Galaxy. As far as Im concerned Sony can have Spider-Man as the MCU now no longer needs him in the grand scheme of things

Spider-Man has great interactions with xmen and ff tho

Spider-Man has great interactions with xmen and ff tho

That can wait until MARVEL fully owns Spider-Man which WILL happen in due time. This version while Sony uses the famous villains just makes things not that good as it should be

Im in the the MCU does not need Spider-Man anymore because of the deal camp. They are about to get back an unlimited amount of new characters through the Mutants alone. The MCU could also introduce more never before seen or heard of Mutants for fresh experiences in the vein of Guardians Of The Galaxy. As far as Im concerned Sony can have Spider-Man as the MCU now no longer needs him in the grand scheme of things

Marvel never needed spider-man in the MCU. it probably looks good to have spider-man there since he is one of marvels most recognizable characters involved as he has been one of marvels biggest icons, but Marvel never needed him there.

in the grand scheme of things Marvel profit on spider-man merchandise and animated shows so they still make money from spider-man either way. but when they make solo spider-man movies thats all Sonys profit... yeah they may throw in costumes for toy sales to profit them. but for the most part they don't make money off the box office. and im not even sure how much it helped or changed Civil war or infinity war at the box office to have spidey involved.

Last edited:
Spider-Man is arguably the biggest character in the MCU. It’s a no brainer that the MCU needs him the most.

Imagine how much a Spider-man, Venom, Carnage film could make in China!!

Can you just imagine a Venom Vs Iron Man scene? I feel like IM would win but just to see that onscreen would be amazing!

Can you just imagine a Venom Vs Iron Man scene? I feel like IM would win but just to see that onscreen would be amazing!
I'd love to see Venom attacking and then Iron Man unleashing all his firepower trying to blow the symbiote off of Brock.

I honestly feel they’ll put venom in the mcu and have him fight the Holland spidey. Should be fun

I think Venom's BO increased the possibility of him entering the MCU. Now it becomes a good business decision.

I feel like that would marvel look abit driven by money to make decisions based on the films box office and i have never got the sense they were like that.

If there is a chance Venom is in the MCU then they probably decided this a long time ago.

Last edited:
I think Venom's BO increased the possibility of him entering the MCU. Now it becomes a good business decision.

I don't think Feige would go for it. They have so many new characters to play with now that he'd want to develop them where he has 100% creative control.

I don't think Feige would go for it. They have so many new characters to play with now that he'd want to develop them where he has 100% creative control.

But if Sony wants a you scratch my back and I'll scratch your's arrangement, now it is proven that audiences like and accept the current version of Venom. So it isn't about money grabbing as much as if that is the price to keep Spider-Man, it makes more sense to do it now. Prior there would be the worry Venom would bomb and they would be associated with something people hated. But now, it doesn't appear to be the case.

I think they’d be open to a third movie with spidey fighting venom. Maybe this movie was a test to see if venom is marketable enough to be in an mcu movie as a major player instead of a one and done villain? Idk this is just wishful thinking as I want to see spidey fight venom so bad

They probably already have plans for the 3rd Spider-man movie.

Well thats the thing isn't it, many forget that Fiege doesn't have much say in the TV MCU stuff like Daredevil. punisher, agents of shield and Ghostrider. but they are still part of the MCU and he probably wouldn't be able to say hey i don't like that and thats not what i would have done... so chances are he has just accepted that they do their thing and he does his.

They could do the same with Venom. especially since the MCU is racing ahead with them showing no sign of stopping, the universe is progressing quickly and there won't be much room to step back after a while.

Last edited:
I think as long as something like Venom doesn't retcon or impact the larger events of the MCU and has impact similar to the shows on the MCU, then there is less harm connecting it.

I think they’d be open to a third movie with spidey fighting venom. Maybe this movie was a test to see if venom is marketable enough to be in an mcu movie as a major player instead of a one and done villain? Idk this is just wishful thinking as I want to see spidey fight venom so bad

Thing is, Venom isn't set-up in a villain role at this point. He's firmly an anti-hero. I think if him and Spider-Man fought, it would have to be the classic hero misunderstanding thing. Likely being mistaken for the actions of Carnage or something.

Thing is, Venom isn't set-up in a villain role at this point. He's firmly an anti-hero. I think if him and Spider-Man fought, it would have to be the classic hero misunderstanding thing. Likely being mistaken for the actions of Carnage or something.

Venom is lethal and kills. That’s against everything spidey stands for. That’s reason enough for them to fight

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"