Venom Do you think that Venom will be in the MCU?

Venom is lethal and kills. That’s against everything spidey stands for. That’s reason enough for them to fight

Yes, but not reason enough for Venom to have a grudge against Spider-Man. That is why really the standard Venom vs Spider-Man dynamic we know doesn't work with Venom at this point. Venom has no reason to hate him.

Yes, but not reason enough for Venom to have a grudge against Spider-Man. That is why really the standard Venom vs Spider-Man dynamic we know doesn't work with Venom at this point. Venom has no reason to hate him.

I mean they could do something to make him hate him. They could def make up something that would make them fight

I mean they could do something to make him hate him. They could def make up something that would make them fight

We have to go back to the source: Spider Man ruined Eddie Brock’s life - there MUST be a betrayal on the part of Spider Man to Venom albeit a falsely perceived one I.e. a misunderstanding.

I think the Carnage story arc will be the event to do this. Carnage goes on a killing spree and then Venom. Has Cletus Kasady weakened and it’s juts Cletus and Venom decides to kill him and Spidey intervenes or something to that effect. Because Spidey doesn’t believe in killing.

It’s Daredevil-Punisher except to the next level

Im in the the MCU does not need Spider-Man anymore because of the deal camp. They are about to get back an unlimited amount of new characters through the Mutants alone. The MCU could also introduce more never before seen or heard of Mutants for fresh experiences in the vein of Guardians Of The Galaxy. As far as Im concerned Sony can have Spider-Man as the MCU now no longer needs him in the grand scheme of things
The MCU never needed Spiderman to begin with. All the phase 3 movies would have still been hits whether or not Spiderman was in Cap3 or Av3. This was all about Sony finally bending.

Spider-Man is arguably the biggest character in the MCU. It’s a no brainer that the MCU needs him the most.
the success of the MCU to the point where Sony decided to work with them proved that it was the other way around...Disney was doing just fine without Spiderman

well since Venom still doesn't have the post-Spidey powers yet, they have to set it up in a way where the symbiote & Eddie are forced to be separated, then it finds Spidey and thus the white spider on the torso is there as well as the webbing powers. Then it corrupts Spidey, he forces it off and it finds Eddie again.

well since Venom still doesn't have the post-Spidey powers yet, they have to set it up in a way where the symbiote & Eddie are forced to be separated, then it finds Spidey and thus the white spider on the torso is there as well as the webbing powers. Then it corrupts Spidey, he forces it off and it finds Eddie again.

That would be working backwards, though. Venom became the "Lethal Protector" in the comics because his time with Spider-Man made him want to be a hero, but his bitterness toward Spider-Man made him want to be "better" than him at the same time. At this point, he's already the anti-hero version of Venom. There is no point in regressing him into the villainous "stalker" Venom. It would just be working backwards in order to get where we are already. If anything at this point, the only way I see them coming to blows is if they're on the same case, but Spider-Man prevents Venom from killing someone. Maybe that could be Carnage. Venom could temp take over Peter like you mention for brief conflict, but my point is the classic Venom vs Spider-Man dynamic wouldn't work. Venom is never going to stalk Spider-Man and be a straight villain at this point.

That would be working backwards, though. Venom became the "Lethal Protector" in the comics because his time with Spider-Man made him want to be a hero, but his bitterness toward Spider-Man made him want to be "better" than him at the same time. At this point, he's already the anti-hero version of Venom. There is no point in regressing him into the villainous "stalker" Venom. It would just be working backwards in order to get where we are already. If anything at this point, the only way I see them coming to blows is if they're on the same case, but Spider-Man prevents Venom from killing someone. Maybe that could be Carnage. Venom could temp take over Peter like you mention for brief conflict, but my point is the classic Venom vs Spider-Man dynamic wouldn't work. Venom is never going to stalk Spider-Man and be a straight villain at this point.
I know, so I suppose the only way to make it work is going off the fact that Venom kills and Spidey doesn't. So if they bonded, even with Venom being the anti-hero, it would tempt Peter to murder and he wouldn't, and that's what would get Peter to think the symbiote is a threat

Thing is, Venom isn't set-up in a villain role at this point. He's firmly an anti-hero. I think if him and Spider-Man fought, it would have to be the classic hero misunderstanding thing. Likely being mistaken for the actions of Carnage or something.
Agree....which is why I personally hate the premise of the story. I hate the anti-hero persona of the character; and wished, since Sony was so determine to go that route, the anti-hero persona could have came "after" a confrontation with Peter/Spidey...as more of an attempted redemption to Eddie's character.

I really can't see the MCU incorporating a movie, despite its utter incoherence and lack of anything even resembling decent character-based storytelling, just because it made a lot of money. The only way Marvel would ever do anything with Venom is if they got full creative control back. . . and then they'd reboot Venom, as a villain, and use him, as a villain.

Personally i think the idea of oh it made money at the box office... yeah it can be part of our MCU is kinda superficial and i don't think that would be the deciding factor here.

Its like saying oh Inhumans isn't part of the MCU because it sucked... no its part of the MCU and that was decided long ago.

Yea that's hilarious to me. Like Marvel are really desperate for a hit right now lol.

Venom doesn't even seem like a good creative fit for the direction there pushing Hollands Spiderman.

Seems to be more fun classic 60's villains being used. Vulture, Mysterio etc. Venom might actually be a bit too dark for the Disney right now.

Not only do I NOT want Venom to be part of the MCU, I think Sony should just have there own "Spiderverse" to be creatively free. They can have Morbius, Kraven, Sable. I'd even be happy if they cast there own Spiderman. Bring back Garfield, McGuire, or just cast someone else.

Enter the Spiderverse has successfully presented the idea of multiple realities to casual and hardcore audiences. Just play up to it.

And how is Venom going to acknowledge the snap and all the other big MCU events? It's will just become a creative nightmare. Keep them separate. Everyone will be happy.

-I dont like Spider kid in MCU. no "great powers, great responsabilities" whereas its Spiderman's spirit in comics books and any adaptations. But Damned Disney skipped it
-I dont like Venom movie

If Venom comes to MCU he will be rebooted for sure
But could MCU use villains from SMU (Sony marvel universe) as they shared Maximoff twins with Fox ?
Or they cant, soft villains for MCU and bloody dark villains for SMU

Thats not clear

We have to go back to the source: Spider Man ruined Eddie Brock’s life - there MUST be a betrayal on the part of Spider Man to Venom albeit a falsely perceived one I.e. a misunderstanding.

I think the Carnage story arc will be the event to do this. Carnage goes on a killing spree and then Venom. Has Cletus Kasady weakened and it’s juts Cletus and Venom decides to kill him and Spidey intervenes or something to that effect. Because Spidey doesn’t believe in killing.

It’s Daredevil-Punisher except to the next level

Bleh, I hated that whole DD/Punisher conflict. Just shows how ass backward DD's mentality is. At the end Punisher killing the villain is the only reason DD is still alive.

Thankfully, so far, the MCU films have avoided that "no-kill rule" nonsense. All the movie heroes have demonstrated a willingness to kill when necessary, which is how it should be. No-kill rules only exist so comics can keep reusing the same villains over and over, but that's not how the MCU movies are written. So let the villains die and spare us the fake preachy nonsense about it being wrong to kill villains.

Like seriously, Spider-man's mentor just
executed Thanos and his entire army. I don't recall Spider-man getting on Tony's case because he didn't use the gauntlet to send all the bad guys to jail.

Bleh, I hated that whole DD/Punisher conflict. Just shows how ass backward DD's mentality is. At the end Punisher killing the villain is the only reason DD is still alive.

Thankfully, so far, the MCU films have avoided that "no-kill rule" nonsense. All the movie heroes have demonstrated a willingness to kill when necessary, which is how it should be. No-kill rules only exist so comics can keep reusing the same villains over and over, but that's not how the MCU movies are written. So let the villains die and spare us the fake preachy nonsense about it being wrong to kill villains.

Like seriously, Spider-man's mentor just
executed Thanos and his entire army. I don't recall Spider-man getting on Tony's case because he didn't use the gauntlet to send all the bad guys to jail.
Superheroes in the MCU seem more like cops than soldiers: they use lethal force as ultima ratio, that's plausible and understandable.
In the 616 universe heroes are a lot more powerful, that makes them more able to non-lethally incapacitate crooks and "ground troops", they are really two different kinds of suspension of disbelief.

Spider-Man doing everything in his power to avoid any death is IMO a fundamental character trait of his, to the point of sometimes becoming a character flaw.
The Venom/Spidey dichotomy is potentially fertile ground for drama.

Superheroes in the MCU seem more like cops than soldiers: they use lethal force as ultima ratio, that's plausible and understandable.
In the 616 universe heroes are a lot more powerful, that makes them more able to non-lethally incapacitate crooks and "ground troops", they are really two different kinds of suspension of disbelief.

Spider-Man doing everything in his power to avoid any death is IMO a fundamental character trait of his, to the point of sometimes becoming a character flaw.
The Venom/Spidey dichotomy is potentially fertile ground for drama.

Eh, I mean, sure, it makes sense that an OP hero would not need to resort to lethal force. But my main comparison was Daredevil, who is the furthest thing from OP that a superhero can get while still being considered a superhero. He barely survives fighting against mooks, for God's sake.

Spider-man in the MCU isn't particularly OP, either. Granted, I'm not saying I want to see him actively trying to kill villains, particularly since he's just a kid, but I just have no real interest in seeing him become the kind of self-righteous no-kill zealot that forces his no-kill rule on others heroes.

Eh, I mean, sure, it makes sense that an OP hero would not need to resort to lethal force. But my main comparison was Daredevil, who is the furthest thing from OP that a superhero can get while still being considered a superhero. He barely survives fighting against mooks, for God's sake.

Spider-man in the MCU isn't particularly OP, either. Granted, I'm not saying I want to see him actively trying to kill villains, particularly since he's just a kid, but I just have no real interest in seeing him become the kind of self-righteous no-kill zealot that forces his no-kill rule on others heroes.
I think there is no risk that comes to pass.
But sometimes I wonder why in this escapist fantasy genre we should not aspire to have better heroes than in reality.
If they can not kill, well, they should not.
It is been Marvel's ethos for a few decades, as the recent Spider-Man game put it: be greater.

I voted no. Venom isn't gonna be in the MCU, the moment Tom hardy was cast for Venom in a non mcu film.

Sony and Disney can share Venom 'character ?
Like Petro in X-menFox and Avengers AoU

No I don't think he ever will, and that is a huge blessing.

Not surprised. Sony is gonna be Sony. Keep them separated, at least that 2018 Venom version.

I have to say that I'm unsure at this point. Venom's grungy world doesn't seem to mesh well with the chipper, high school world of the MCU's Spider-man. However, SM: FFH has introduced the idea of a multiverse. Given that Endgame delved into time travel and alternate timelines, it wouldn't be a stretch to say there could be a Marvel film where Hardy's Venom and Holland's Spider-man, while from two different earths, meet in the same reality. Given the massive global haul of the Venom film, it would behoove Marvel Studios to take the opportunity that such a natural pairing presents.

But Venom 2018 isn't even a mcu movie, would Feige and company really want to connect a non mcu movie/s in their precious MCU?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"