The Dark Knight Rises DO you think the new Batman films are going to definetly be a trilogy?

C

CrimsonGhost

I know this may seem like a dumb question, and that the Dark Knight isnt even out yet. But due to the fact that this movie is going to seem to have a cliffhanger of some sort..do you believe that
1. the dark knight is truly a second part of a trilogy
2. the fact that they make more then just three movies
3. the last film out of the new batman movies
4. and even if the movie gets poor ratings...(which I doubt it will) what then?
and If so..why.
ALSO What villians would you like so see! what villians do you think would work with Nolans world and the story line...I always thought Selina Kyle...the Riddler, Black Mask..and Penguin. What villians do you think he can do realisticaly and well without making them hoaky?
also..if you believe there are going to be more sequals (or just one) what do you think is going to happen...what do you think the story is going to be based on..I know this may be out of pure speculation...but Im curious on hearing peoples insights on what they think will happen to the storyline..as well as to what foe's batman may face.

p.s. I dont know if someone allready posted this. but i dont care haha.

DO yoooooooooooou?

Seems likely. Hopefully there won't be any ewoks.

hopefully..damn I hope there are no ewoks either..man I hope he doesnt make this a lucas thing...I mean. since heath leadger is dead. I wonder what will happen to the joker since I know Nolan dosnt like to kill off villians..then again who knows what will happen in the film

I feel like there's about an 80% chance will Nolan will return for a 3rd. and that will be it.

No, I'm not convinced there will be a third film. I know most assume it will be a trilogy, but I take Nolan at his word that he doesn't look beyond the film he's currently working on (not sure why most people don't believe him). I think he'll only return if he thinks he can once again expand the universe, so I'm betting film 2 will end in a similar way to film one, enough closure to finish the series, but enough of an opening to leave the possibility of a third film.

I hope Nolan and Bale make more Batman films than the third.

No, I'm not convinced there will be a third film. I know most assume it will be a trilogy, but I take Nolan at his word that he doesn't look beyond the film he's currently working on (not sure why most people don't believe him). I think he'll only return if he thinks he can once again expand the universe, so I'm betting film 2 will end in a similar way to film one, enough closure to finish the series, but enough of an opening to leave the possibility of a third film.

My thoughts exactly.

I think it could go either way. Yeah, this is Nolan's baby, but he might want to go out while still on top. After a time he may decide that he can't top or match TDK and walk away....

I don't know, the guy is like Mr. Spock in some ways.....

I would like to assume that there will be a 3rd film. My concern, will it be a Nolan/Bale film?

I do, I think Nolan/Bale are committed to doing atleast a trilogy, if we're lucky maybe a 4th.

I highly doubt this film leaves anything of any importance opened for a sequel. Maybe a few minor plotlines that can expand into a 3rd movie but so far from what we've heard, everything wraps up neatly (and perhaps in a dark and very down tone) at the end of TDK.

No, I'm not convinced there will be a third film. I know most assume it will be a trilogy, but I take Nolan at his word that he doesn't look beyond the film he's currently working on (not sure why most people don't believe him)
It's not so much a question of believing him or not, it's that he said the exact same thing after Begins and here we are today... I believe that Nolan doesn't look further ahead than his current project, but on the other hand I think it's pretty likely he'll return for a third one if TDK is succesful and WB lets him (which seems all but assured at this point).

It does all hinge on whether Nolan thinks he can do something new and fresh yet again and that too seems likely to me... One of the most talented writer/directors of our day with almost infinite source material in his hands. It's a sure win... If he comes out of TDK with NO idea how to cap off a story like this, I'd be very surprised and disappointed.

Other "evidence" seems to be that he almost deliberately (subconsciously?) made TDK the "depressing middle part" of the story. Whether you think in terms of trilogies or not, or whether you want to invite the comparison to The Empire Strikes Back, any modern story that has a hopeful beginning, a darker, bleaker continuation, has some kind of ending, usually something grandiose. It's narrative logic.

I'd like to think there will be a third one, but I just don't know.

As a Nolan fan even before the Batman movies, I could only hope that he'll be around for more than 3. I do fully expect a 3rd but after that I don't know.

One question that I would love to ask him is if he considers the Batman movies his egg. I've been a Batman fan for over 30 years and I have to admit that he's one upped the comics. He's also given these characters a refreshing update but still has respect for their iconic image. He's really created something great here and I think that as long as he's having fun and bringing quality to these movies he'll stay. That also means that Bale and the others will stay too.

I think so. At least, I think with Nolan and this cast they will make one more and then be done. With the money at stake I think a third is inevitable (and a conclusion to the story is needed) but I think it's unlikely they'd do more than three.

I hope Nolan stays on forever...

The Nolanverse is the best depiction of Batman bar none, only the Timmverse comes close.

I was thinkin why is it that some people think that it should end as a trilogy?
Why can it just continue,this is not a Matrix movie,Lord of the Rings or Star Wars.
Is a Comic Book Movie,I mean if Christopher Nolan wants to stop at 3 then is fine,but leave it open at least is some parts so somebody else can continue it,because theres more to it,THERES NO ENDING.

BRUCE WAYNE WILL NEVER STOP BEING BATMAN!

As much as I'd like to see another film with Nolan & Bale, I'd be totally fine with them closing off the series now.

Typically a movie trilogy has the issue of time. While i would mind more then 3 movies. The actors start to get older or begin to not want to play a role for more then a decade. Though given the rise of 4th entries added to old films. I think that it could be likely. But again some directors really dont want to work on a story for so long.

Bale said he wants to do the character for as long as he can, so I think its safe to say he will be Batman for a while. Nolan may decide not to direct any movies after the third one, but there is no way Warners will let the "franchise" stop. My guess is if Nolan doesn't want to sign on for a 4th, it will go to another director.

Typically a movie trilogy has the issue of time. While i would mind more then 3 movies. The actors start to get older or begin to not want to play a role for more then a decade. Though given the rise of 4th entries added to old films. I think that it could be likely. But again some directors really dont want to work on a story for so long.
are you talking about die hard, indiana jones, star wars, lethal weapon, etc.?

I'd like to see a fourth movie in the Begins franchise come in 10-15 years, with Nolan, Bale & co. all coming back to do The Dark Knight Returns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"