The Dark Knight Trilogy or Saga?

Cinemaman

Avenger
Reaction score
We all know that Nolan is going to make only trilogy, what as I think is enough.

But what if WB wants Batman Saga, will they again ruin everything?

I hate recast and new directors.

So should they stop on trilogy and return this franchise in 10-15 years?

Or they should go on with franchise and turn it into sags, even if Nolan doesn't come back?

I think they should make only trilogy.

But what you think?

I think three movies is enough, with a story arc that is continuous through the three movies.

uhm, not sure you understand what a saga is, now they could turn the Superman franchise into a saga, but not sure how they would do that with Batman...

It's going to be a trilogy and is capped of by Batman vs. Superman which also ends the Routh Superman movies...

boywonder13 said:
It's going to be a trilogy and is capped of by Batman vs. Superman which also ends the Routh Superman movies...

I think superman just ended with SR.

DA Harvey Dent said:
I think superman just ended with SR.

No, there will be a sequel in 2009.

Anyway, I say we stick with a trilogy. With a trilogy, you can establish a cohesive storyline that is consistant troughout the series. After four, it can get too drawn out.

A good trilogy and not a decadent saga. Keep Nolan for the 3 films and don't let the franchise to get exhausted and dry.

And if Nolan decides to make another sequel in, umm, 8 years with a new cast? Right, Villa, like James Bond'd be the best... but the quality should stay high.

Captain Villa said:
Continual please.........like James Bond.

After Superman Returns I don't think it should have more than two sequels cause you can't contiune of of Clark having a biological son and crap. It seems like the last days of Superman.

Maybe if they restarted to an early days of Superman story it could have worked.

and the Superman Returns and Batman Begins sagas are ending wiht the Batman vs. Superman movie........

do the trilogy and stop. wait about 10 yrs and get all fresh faces and continue telling stories. this is where we can have all the Robins, and Clayfaces, and Mr. Freezes we want without having to worry about Nolan's universe. they could reboot a "Batman and Robin" series if they wanted to.

boywonder13 said:
and the Superman Returns and Batman Begins sagas are ending wiht the Batman vs. Superman movie........
is that WB is really planning to do or is that just what we all think will/should happen?

I would like to see a continuation of Nolan's Bat universe, maybe Nolan as executive producer after three films. Kind of like Superman Returns as it basically was a sequel to Superman : The Movie and Superman II, but not wait 25 years to do a sequel to Batman like Superman Returns.
You could see a nod or saying that it is in the Nolan universe, but kind of making it your own film. You could still introduce other Batman characters like Robin, Batgirl, etc. and use a lot of good Batman villians.

I agree with many of the statements regarding the power of the trilogy because of story-arc factors and retension of the same creative team . . .

personally, I would like to see a good saga w/ all the same players involved because there are a lot of Batman Themes/villains that haven't been touched on . . . . think of it as 2 trilogies that have a common thread . . . if done right, it would be stellar . . . .

I mean, I'm excited to see the villains that are being considered in a new light; in a more comic-accurate light; but it's kind of a snub to all the villains who never made it in these films at all . . . .

Trilogy. That's really all we need. A saga would just drag the series on to something it shouldn't be.

boywonder13 said:
After Superman Returns I don't think it should have more than two sequels cause you can't contiune of of Clark having a biological son and crap. It seems like the last days of Superman.

Maybe if they restarted to an early days of Superman story it could have worked.

You can't contiune with Clark having a son? Yea...I guess your right - it would be like Superman marrying Lois, it would never work :rolleyes:

Trilogy is fine, let Nolan and Bale finish out and don't risk messing up the series with new direction and casting.

Just keep making them without recasting until you can't think of any stories to tell. Make them until they stop being good (well, stop before that happens).

Make them until Christian Bale is ****ing 55 years old. For God's sake, don't recast just because of age - accept that people get older and use that in the films.

I think it could make a graet saga if the creeative team involved stays passionate about it. Much like Ian Flemming's Bond novels that inspired the movies there was an already established well of knowledge and a lot of good stories with correct characterization built up around Bond. In the same way there's many years of source material for Batman ready to be mined. Nolan and Goyer proved that they could take elements from older stories and imbue it with their vision into a cohesive whole so why not.

Make them until they run out of stories to tell. Simple as that.

I saw end with number four at least... at the most number 5. The reason I say this is b/c I don't want Nolan and Co. to jump on the bandwagon of so many others. Trilogies are just so, so common these days.

I think it should be a saga. To think WB would only make 3 Batman films for the forseeable future is a quite unrealistic expectation.

What I do hope, however, is that after Nolan's done, WB doesn't rush into more films. They should take as much time as needed to get a director, cast, and crew equally as talented as the ones in the Nolan series, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"