The Dark Knight What do you think of the sequel title? (Merged)

I adore the title. Finally we break the mold of having to have a BATMAN: *Insert Subtitle Here*.

hasnt there been a thread like this already?.....one with a poll

Spidey_Zombie said:
Yes it is...

Viva, The Dark Knight...

No it isn't. It tells us that Bruce Wayne will be Batman forever. Unfortunately the name is slightly tainted by the movie.

I love the title. That's all there is to it.:up:

As much as i dont like Batman Forever, there's nothing wrong with that title. It's a very cool title, and like what someone said above me, it's just because it was tainted by the movie tha the title is now deemed 'uncool' by some.

But Dark Knight is just...raw. awesome.

Silverdragon said:
Batman: The Dark Knight this should be the title of the second movie.

Why must we have Batman:____ in there. Weve discussed this many times. You dont see James Bond:_____. It doesnt matter.

Im sure if Nolan makes a third film when the boxed set of DVDs comes out it will say Batman on there. Until then, keep it THE DARK KNIGHT.

The title is great because I never expected to watch a Batman movie without "Batman" in the title! Its like a comic book.:up:

i think the title is the best thing ever.

i didnt really like the title for begins but it served a few important functions.
it told the public that this was a batman movie. there had not been one in almost a decade.
it also told them it was a beginning. an origin. and a fresh start. they went to see it, it got terrific word of mouth and anyone who didnt see it bought it or rented it on dvd and word of its greatness (especially considering what the public was used to) spread.
now that every one knows batman is back on screen nolan could name this anything he wanted and people will know its a batman movie.
i also think nolan wants to further distance himself from the past movies.
no "batman" in the title and a left field choice for joker show he is trying to move in a different direction. begins was like a bridge.
and it has "dark" in the title. the tone is set.
i couldn't be more excited.

ok i think now we know why the title is the dark knight.

it could be that the reason is because of the new suit and hes bike.

maybe in hte movie a badguy sees the new batman on a bike and he says a line: '' it was the dark knight'

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"