The Avengers Do you think they did your fav AVENGER justice?

Shadowlord X

Sidekick
Reaction score
So I thought of creating this thread some everyone can chime in on who their favourite AVENGER was, and state if you thought they did him/her justice wrt their portrayal in the movie. Feel free to elaborate on the reasons for your answer and scenes really stood out for you wrt that AVENGER.

Now I love them all but going in my fav was CAPTAIN AMERICA because of how much I loved CA:TFA. And I must say I thought they totally did him justice. Not a wrong note in the portrayal. I know some people don't love the costume but I do and the one scene where I found it looked particularly stunning was the frontal shot where he is looking up at the portal as the first leviathan was coming through. Really loved everything about CAP in this from the big scenes, e.g., showing the police officers why they should listen to him, to the small scenes, e.g., when he asks "Is that was that was?" in response to Tony Stark saying to Dr. Banner "Finally, someone speaking English!"

It's no secret who my favorite Avenger is and I can safely say I was impressed with Thor's portrayal in this movie. Hemsworth's portrayal of the "God of Thunder" was phenomenal in my opinion, especially his interactions with Loki and his convo with Son of Coul.

Not only that but his super strength was shown alot more explicitly, he used more lightning, and he was able to go toe to toe with Hulk. It's pretty safe to say Joss ticked all the right boxes for me, of course there could've been more but that's always gonna be the case.:thor:

Last edited:
I don't have a particular favorite Avenger but I personally believe it's a miracle that Whedon was able to give justice to most, if not all of the characters in two hours and twenty minutes.

I think every character was done very well. I felt like I watched them all come to life so seamlessly in the movie.

It's pretty safe to say Joss ticked all the right boxes for me, of course there could've been more but that's always gonna be the case.:thor:

Thanks for saving me having to type exactly that :up:

Absolutely loved Iron Man in this, probably RDJ's best turn as Tony Stark - absolutely flawless. Can only imagine what the Chitauri thought when the portal opened and they found Iron Man on the other side charging straight at them with weapons blazing. :D

What I loved about this film is that everyone gets their turn in the spotlight.

Not really. But I knew that as soon as I saw they took the ultimate aproach with him. Never liked ultimate Hawkeye as much as his 616 counterpart.
Knowing that before going into the movie, the movie was still a perfect 10/10

Thor could have spinned mjolnir to take out some chitauri just like in his movie the frost giant battle...

Thor could have spinned mjolnir to take out some chitauri just like in his movie the frost giant battle...

Yeah but that's a very minor grip though, especially in light of all he did in the film.

What I loved about this film is that everyone gets their turn in the spotlight.

Now THAT was the most impressive thing about the film imo, no one character overshadowed anyone.

I felt like Cap was shortchanged. He seemed to struggle/get owned way too much. Tim Roth vs. The Hulk looked more like Cap than anything the real Cap did in this movie. It was awesome, don't get me wrong...I just feel like they seriously underawesomed Captain America.

I felt like Cap was shortchanged. He seemed to struggle/get owned way too much. Tim Roth vs. The Hulk looked more like Cap than anything the real Cap did in this movie. It was awesome, don't get me wrong...I just feel like they seriously underawesomed Captain America.

The only time he got a bit owned was during his fight with Loki and even then he put up a fight.

What do you expect though, he's in a movie with gods, giant monsters, and alien invaders.

Not really. But I knew that as soon as I saw they took the ultimate aproach with him. Never liked ultimate Hawkeye as much as his 616 counterpart.
Knowing that before going into the movie, the movie was still a perfect 10/10

I felt he was a perfect mix of the best of 616 and Ultimate Hawkeye. In fact just put him in the purple suit and what's the difference between movie Hawkeye and 616 Hawkeye? Not much.

I thought Cap did fine. He took out less Chitauri but he also saved the most civilians. Very Cap-like of him.

I'm a HUGE Cap fan, and I don't agree that he was shortchanged at ALL. I don't see how you can justify that sentiment? His action was awesome. You are right, Tim Roth's Blonsky had a great super-soldier scene, but I can argue that Cap OUTDID that in The Avengers. His power and skill was much more on display than Blonsky. I'm sorry, but there's more to being a super-soldier than jumping over the Hulk. Cap displayed great fighting skill, taking on an ASGARDIAN GOD for goodness sake.

I vouch that CAP was done justice! And with the deleted scenes on the Blu-Ray which are sure to be mostly about Cap, it gets even better. I know they cut out at least one of his fight scenes, the one where he throws the shield towards the camera.

I thought Cap did fine. He took out less Chitauri but he also saved the most civilians. Very Cap-like of him.

Yep, you can't really expect him to do as much damage as Thor, Hulk, or IM that's unreasonable.

Loved the movie, but am I alone in thinking Cap could have gotten 1 more leadership moment and 1 more man out of time sad bastard moment? I know those are addressed in the movie, but just to hit it home a little more.

My favorite going in was Captain America. I really liked what they did with him and Evans seems to have really fallen into the character..

Yes, Hulk and Thor (my two favourites) were done justice!

Yes, Hulk and Thor (my two favourites) were done justice!

I was a bit disappointed in Thor's depiction. I don't think they let his personality come out as much as they could have, and I would have liked to have seen a major heroic moment from him much like Iron Man had at the end.

And even though I couldn't help laughing (as hard as I tried not to), I really didn't like the Hulk "sucker punching" him. The God of Thunder doesn't deserve to be a PUNCH line.

No they didn't. Hank wasn't even in it!

Last edited:
I was a bit disappointed in Thor's depiction. I don't think they let his personality come out as much as they could have, and I would have liked to have seen a major heroic moment from him much like Iron Man had at the end.

And even though I couldn't help laughing (as hard as I tried not to), I really didn't like the Hulk "sucker punching" him. The God of Thunder doesn't deserve to be a PUNCH line.

I agree we should have Thor moments, and I'd like to see more Hulk and he fighting together.

As much as I loved the last two Iron Man movies, I can honestly say Iron Man was really brought to life in this one, action wise.

That's what I've been waiting for in an Iron Man movie, aerial dog fights, feats of strenght, using his repulsors more than once or twice and other things that look like stuff in Iron Man comics.

I felt they were all given a fair amount of time. Thor is my favorite of the bunch, so of course I would have loved to see him with a little more screen time but that means not enough for the others. He had plenty of great moments that kept me happy throughout. His first appearance with the silhouette of him and the cape billowing in the wind as lightning strikes is my favorite spot of the entire movie. Getting chills right now thinking about it.

To Thor fans, it may seem to you that Thor could have had more, but as an objective viewer who didn't care for Thor much, I came out a big Thor fan. Don't worry, he was not shortchanged at all, after 3 viewings I can confirm this. He was given both excellent character moments and awesome action, not to mention he had a good chunk of screen time and his "He's adopted" line drew the most laughs I think. I loved Thor! The big four definitely lived up to the name "big four"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"