Do You Want Gal Gadot Back As Wonder Woman For The New DCU?

Outside of the Suicide Squad actors like Davis as Waller, has Gunn kept anyone?

He ****canned Wonder Woman 3 and announced a prequel show. He didn't announce an Aquaman 3 or The Flash 2 as part of his slate. He didn't announce a Shazam 3.

He didn't announce an Aquaman 3 or The Flash 2 as part of his slate. He didn't announce a Shazam 3.
Regardless of any recastings or retaining old actors, that's in part because those movies haven't come out yet. They're not gonna announce a Shazam 3 before knowing how well it does at the box office.

He's waiting for those to be released to see how they perform.

If Aquaman 2 performs as well as the first, ain't no way that version is getting canned.

If Shazam 2 performs well, get used to seeing Levi in the new DCU.

They're keeping their options open at this point ,and aren't gonna throw out potentially popular, hit films just for the sake of rebooting.

They've got to wait to see how the films perform first.

If there was one actor you would think was out it would be Ezra Miller, not Henry or Gal. I get that there may be mental health issues involved but there should still be consequences for the person's actions and not the rumored it depends on how much money the movie makes.
I have absolutely no doubt that Miller is done as the Flash. The studio is just protecting its investment for the time being so as not to hurt the movie's box office.

Its a weird thing i dont get.
I mean WW can work, 2 movies that are prequels to BvS...easily able to fit current day WW into the DCU...but why?
Its not like Gadot will play WW for another 5-6 or so movies etc.
So why not straight up rebooting this?

It feels like they have otherwise no plans with some characters...and that would suck.
Imagine them not having any plan with WW going forward...that would be awful.

Yeah, I just don't get the thought process at all.

He's waiting for those to be released to see how they perform.

If Aquaman 2 performs as well as the first, ain't no way that version is getting canned.

If Shazam 2 performs well, get used to seeing Levi in the new DCU.

They're keeping their options open at this point ,and aren't gonna throw out potentially popular, hit films just for the sake of rebooting.

They've got to wait to see how the films perform first.

But why? And what about how their films perform?

I completely agree. If there was one actor you would think was out it would be Ezra Miller, not Henry or Gal. I get that there may be mental health issues involved but there should still be consequences for the person's actions and not the rumored it depends on how much money the movie makes. Personally I won't mind if Jason Mamoa plays Logo after Aquaman, although I do wonder if this would be confusing to your average moviegoer.

The one thing I could see being brought back is Shaman and co because the only connections to the DCEU in the first movie is DCEU merch and the Cavil suit. Personally I think the suit isn't a big deal because you never see Superman's face and you could even make it cannon that it was staged so the kid whose name I forget didn't look bad and get made fun of again or something like that. I've heard about some stuff that was supposed to be in Shaman 2 but was also supposed to have been cut out.

But if you want to keep certain actors, why this arbitrary decision to recast Momoa as Lobo when like Momo's first Aquaman movie made over a $1 billion worldwide. It's the only DCEU movie that did that.

But why? And what about how their films perform?

WB and DC Studios are in business of making money, first and foremost .

If Aquaman 2 makes a billion like it's predecessor, they aren't going to toss JM's Aquaman out for the sake of rebooting with another actor.

If Flash 2 is a massive hit , again, they aren't gonna be quick to get rid of that version of the character, hence, the recent sources claiming that there may be a future for Ezra's Flash after-all.

If Shazam 2, however unlikely, is a massive box office hit, Levi stays as Shazam.

They're going to wait to see how the films perform box office wise first before making final decisions about whether or not those versions make it into the Gunnverse.

I have absolutely no doubt that Miller is done as the Flash. The studio is just protecting its investment for the time being so as not to hurt the movie's box office.
What about Michael Keaton and Sasha Calle? What happens if The Flash really is as good as WB is telling everyone it is?

It’s going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

If any of those movies get sequels, keep them in the now Elseworlds DCEU and wait until it comes time to recast them before you integrate those characters into the new DCU.

If any of those movies get sequels, keep them in the now Elseworlds DCEU and wait until it comes time to recast them before you integrate those characters into the new DCU.
That would make the DCU even more of a mess than it already is.

I would like Gal to wrap up her trilogy. I think both Gal and the character of Wonder Woman deserve it. This was the first portrayal of WW since the 70’s, and she deserves a proper conclusion. We waited forever to get her on the big screen. We deserve a neat ending.

As for Gal being WW going forward; I guess it all depends on how they are handling all of this, but at this time, I would say no. I absolutely love Gal as WW and I’d say she is honestly top 5 comic castings for me, but I do think we should get a new WW if we are getting a new Batman and Superman.

What about Michael Keaton and Sasha Calle? What happens if The Flash really is as good as WB is telling everyone it is?

It’s going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

Well there is at the moment the chance that Sasha Calle could be the Supergirl Woman of Tomorrow movie, would take little work to make it so i think.

Keaton...well thats a big question mark.
In the ideal case for me, the Flash ends by kind of bringing Keaton back into the Burton verse and then them doing Burtons third Batman movie.
Other than that, i got no idea.

Would be nice to be a fly on the wall at WB.
They have to have a plan prepared for if the movie fails or succeeds.

But until we have seen The Flash and how it ends, we have not the slightest idea what they could do with this going forward.

One thing is for sure, I would definitely prefer more Gal Gadot over a new round of "Every random woman with dark hair who looks good in a bikini gets recommended as 'Absolutely the Best Choice for Wonder Woman', regardless of actual acting track record or lack thereof." *cough*

One thing is for sure, I would definitely prefer more Gal Gadot over a new round of "Every random woman with dark hair who looks good in a bikini gets recommended as 'Absolutely the Best Choice for Wonder Woman', regardless of actual acting track record or lack thereof." *cough*
Absolutely agree. The criteria should of course be 'Every random woman with dark hair who looks good in a bikini - and can act... enough to get by'. :yay:

Its not like Gal had a history of doing great Oscar caliber performances in the lead up to her getting cast as Wonder Woman in BvS.

Its not like Gal had a history of doing great Oscar caliber performances in the lead up to her getting cast as Wonder Woman in BvS.

Yep. I liked Gal a lot but she's a glorified super model. Let's not act like Snyder cast her for anything other than her looks.

No, but here's the thing: she actually *has* played Wonder Woman, successfully. If this were 2014, this would be a valid point, but we aren't in 2014. The fact that Gal Gadot worked out isn't an excuse for fantasy casting people without a basis in demonstrated acting skill.

No, but here's the thing: she actually *has* played Wonder Woman, successfully. If this were 2014, this would be a valid point, but we aren't in 2014. The fact that Gal Gadot worked out isn't an excuse for fantasy casting people without a basis in demonstrated acting skill.

So... Is this means you wants awards winning actress for WW?

So... Is this means you wants awards winning actress for WW?

Not necessarily, but I'd like people to provide more in favor of their "picks" than "Here's a picture in which a woman looks good in a swimsuit". Like, at a bare minimum, cite some prior acting roles.

I just find it a bit weird that you are being all "I am sick of hot women in bikinis being fancast for Wonder Woman with very little acting experience, I would rather have more Gal Gadot" when Gal Gadot was the exact type person you are complaining about being fancast. She was in that exact same position before she got the role. It undercuts your argument a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"