Doctor Voodoo: Avenger of the Supernatural

Docvindeadpool.jpg

http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.10573.first_look~colon~_lady_deadpool~apos~s_debut

Someone needs a manicure

Wow, is this book exciting or what?! My mouth nearly dropped when Jericho learns that all the Magical people he's been supervising are now under Nightmare's control due to his realm. And I nearly cheered to see the Ghost Rider brothers appear! Wow.
eek.gif

So least we know now that Daimon is just being controlled by Nightmare as he's controlling everyone else. I like the reintroduction of Doom to this story arc. This will make it a more complete arc reading when collected. Just an overall exciting read. I will say though, it does seem to irk me to see Jericho's plans sorta turn against him, but it's definitely leading to an interesting place and am willing to see how well this goes in the end will Jericho finally rises up and wins the battle. He's obviously capable of winning the day, but he's being overwhelmed greatly and this is all very new to him.

I also LOVE that this isn't just a series about Jericho. Daniel seems to be the co-star of this series also as he plays a big part in this issue and seems it's him and Doom who will first team up against Nightmare using Jericho's body. If he could take control of Daimon's body, he could certainly retain Jericho's body, thus becoming Brother Voodoo as he was originally before Jericho took the mantle.

10709storystory_full-1067917..jpg

BAD-FREAKIN'ASS!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

DOCTOR VOODOO: THE ORIGIN OF JERICHO DRUMM ONE-SHOT #1

COVER BY: Billy Tan
WRITER: Roy Thomas
Len Wein
PENCILS: Gene Colan
ALEX MASSACCI
INKS: Array
COLORED BY: Tom Chu - A
THE STORY:
You’ve witnessed his incredible reemergence in the pages of New Avengers, now take a trip through the voodoo virtuoso’s career in this special presentation of STRANGE TALES #169-170. In the shadowed back alleys of New Orleans, they speak his name in awe, for ‘tis said he was old when the mountains were young, that he cannot be harmed, that he can never DIE! His name is DOCTOR VOODOO! Experience the birth of Marvel’s new Sorcerer Supreme like never before, fully remastered with modern coloring. Plus, an all-new framing sequence by Roy Thomas and Alex Massacci. Rated T …$4.99

PRICE: 4.99
IN STORES: December 23, 2009

Next week, folks!

Doctor Voodoo: Facing His Nightmares

2rr8bpk.jpg

2cqy0r9.jpg

2i1i88m.jpg

"I like the potential of Nightmare," explains Remender as to why he chose the villain for Doctor Voodoo's first foe. "He controls a power I've coined as 'the unreal.' I also needed to use characters that were well known, so their power levels were also understood and you clearly knew what Jericho was up against his first day on the job. When you hear that Jericho is up to his eyes in Nightmare, Doctor Doom and Dormammu, you know he's in for a bad time. Had we opened with a new character it wouldn't have had the same impact. The way it's all planned out, it will ultimately also help to establish the power levels of Ogoun, the new big Voodoo-specific villain who we got a glimpse of in issue #3.

"Beyond the practical reason to use traditional big time supernatural villains, I love the characters. Nightmare and Doom are both tremendous fun to write. One is the living embodiment of all of mankind's worst fears and terrors, an unlimited potential for psychological horror. The other is-well, the other is Doom."
In the latest issue of DOCTOR VOODOO, Nightmare claimed to have manipulated Brother Voodoo's ascension to the role of Sorcerer Supreme, adding to the uncertainty Drumm feels in his new position.

"Jericho never felt worthy," remarks Remender. "Who would? You'd have to be some kind of megalomaniacal egotist of the highest order to be handed that job and think you're in any way ready. Jericho has done his best to maintain everything in the face of a nasty bad band of trouble. The effect of what Nightmare is putting him through is pure psychological terror: Being handed the keys to the Eye of Agamotto the same day Earthis infested with the things of nightmare. However, when pitted against great odds, a strong man will display his inherent morality and move beyond the desire to simply live to see tomorrow and opt for the greater good.

There is no such thing as a hero, only brief shining moments of valor from men and women who endeavor against instinct to overcome great terror. Jericho will have to earn his reputation."
All the changes going on in the mystical world, such as the coming of a new Sorcerer Supreme, have allowed Nightmare the opportunity to bring such an ambitious plan to fruition and assert his power over the mortal plane.
"Transition of power, a new guy in charge, and Nightmare has been planting seeds for this in Jericho's dreams for years," lists Remender. "How did he know Jericho would be chosen? There is more going on than the eye can see."

Damn. Doc V, we barely knew ya.

he's done already...he hasnt got his nobel peace prize or wizard health care

What's up with Nightmare and the Morpheus hair?

That just seems to be his look lately. He looked pretty much the same in his recent appearances in Incredible Hercules and Avengers: The Initiative.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Sandman wannabe. :o

Not to mention he was around first.

From the link NightBeetle posted:
Once this arc wraps up, however, fans can expect another change in Doctor Voodoo's status quo.

"While the series is concluding with issue #5, Jericho is very much a part of the Avengers universe and will continue to be a presence in upcoming events," promises Remender.

DOCTOR VOODOO: AVENGER OF THE SUPERNATURAL #4 preview art by Jefte Palo
Before that, though, Doctor Voodoo has to make it out of his final issue in one piece.

Ah, okay. I didn't actually look at the full article. That was pretty fast, didn't even make it as far as Exiles

Ah, okay. I didn't actually look at the full article. That was pretty fast, didn't even make it as far as Exiles

But it did last as long as the Crew, which means it's par for the course for books about Black Superheroes. :o

Playing the Race Card
RaceCardSharpJack.jpg

Cancelled in 5 issues. That has got to be some kind of record.

But it did last as long as the Crew, which means it's par for the course for books about Black Superheroes. :o

Playing the Race Card
RaceCardSharpJack.jpg

The Crew had 7 issues :o

wow so pretty much you wont see him again unless he is needed to play Deus ex Machina for Avengers like Strange

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"