Doctor Sleep

After seeing what Flanagan was able to do with The Haunting of Hill House, it is safe to say I am very hotly anticipating this film.

Think the potential is there in the role for McGregor to get his first Oscar nom and love how they've filled out the cast so far, especially with Ferguson and Lumbly.

Oh, and McClarnon as Crow Daddy! I mean, that's perfect.

They've begun filming, yes?

Jacob Tremblay's 100k Shining role

Jacob Tremblay has landed a $100,000 role in 'The Shining' sequel. The 12-year-old actor – who shot to fame in critically acclaimed movie 'Room' – has landed a role in 'Doctor Sleep', an adaptation of Stephen King's book of the same name, which is a follow up film to 1980 horror movie 'The Shining'.

I reckon Jacob Tremblay is playing Danny Torrance in flashbacks.

I reckon you're correct. Tremblay worked with Flanagan in Before I Wake. I think he's perfect for young Danny Torrance.

Wonder if Flanagan go-to Carla Gugino and Henry Thomas will make cameos somewhere.

Or his wife Kate Siegel? Probably not because she's pregnant while they're shooting, heh.

in addition to Tremblay, Bruce Greenwood, Robert Longstreet, Selena Anduze, Carel Struycken, and Katie Parker (who starred in his first movie, Absentia) have all worked with Flanagan before and are appearing in Doctor Sleep. he definitely has a pool of actors he likes to dip into.

I am really excited about the new additions with Ewan McGregor, Rebecca Ferguson, Zahn McClarnon, and Carl Lumbly. I think all of them are pretty perfectly cast. Hopefully the same is true of young Kyleigh Curran, as she plays the pivotal role of Abra Stone.

Doctor Sleep
The Newton Brothers, musician duo Andy Grush and Taylor Stewart, are set to compose the score for “Doctor Sleep” at Warner Bros. Pictures. The Newton Brothers previously collaborated with the film’s director Mike Flanagan on both “Gerald’s Game” and “The Haunting of Hill House” both for Netflix. [Source: Heat Vision]

Basically done almost all of Flanagan's stuff so not really a surprise. I don't really love their work--HOWEVER, I thought they did a bang-up job with Hill House, especially for the finale, so hopefully they can deliver the goods here, too.

Finally finished the book, and after Hill House, I couldn't possibly be more hyped for what Flanagan does here.

Just sad now that I remembered it won't hit until 2020, not 2019 like I thought.

I might just see this before reading the book because I love Flanagan so much. Hill House was one of the best shows I've seen this decade. Netflix's best show.

I'm gonna have to reread it myself, I remember nothing of it, unfortunately.

Flanagan Edition Doctor Sleep Now
Posted: January 27, 2019, 00:16:38
Section: Film » Doctor Sleep
Mike Flanagan posted on Twitter that Doctor Sleep is in the editing stage now.

mf_drsleeppost.png

Copied from Lilja's Library: Lilja's Library - The World of Stephen King [1996 - 2019]

This is set for next January, correct?

Wonder if the first teaser/trailer might hit at SDCC.

That's definitely a vote of confidence from the studio.

Okay, well I guess that answers my "Will we see anything at SDCC?" question. Hell, for a November release, I imagine we might see something sooner.

Mike's a beast. He keeps pumping them out year after year.

So there will be three King-adaptations this year getting a theatrical release. I'm not sure, but I think that's the first time since 1983 when Cujo, The Dead Zone and Christine were released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"