Doctor Strange Casting Poll **NEW**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeno

That's America's ass!
Reaction score
A few weeks ago Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige announced that Doctor Strange will be starring in his own solo film as part of Phase 3 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. This was great news for fans of the Sorcerer Supreme and also opened up the possibility of a Defenders movie somewhere down the line. As a matter of fact, the addition of Stephen Strange to the MCU opens up a whole universe of exciting possibilities.

With that in mind, let's turn our attention to casting the good Doctor. The previous casting thread was started in 2008, which meant that some of the choices were woefully out of date. The updated list of suggestions presented here was collected from members who posted in the now defunct thread. The poll is multiple choice; you can select up to three candidates. "None of the above/Other" is also a choice, though if you choose that option you can name the actor you prefer in the comments.

It'll never happen, since he's so busy and he's already Magneto, but Michael Fassbender as Stephen Strange would be pretty kick-ass.

It'll never happen, since he's so busy and he's already Magneto, but Michael Fassbender as Stephen Strange would be pretty kick-ass.

Fassbender isn't in the poll for just that reason but you can always vote "Other/None of the above" if he's your choice.

I voted for Armitage, Law and Mortensen. There were others I like, but if I'm limiting myself to three those are my faves.

I voted for Cumberbatch, Dujardin, Mortensen, Pace and Coster-Waldau (who had honestly never even occurred to me for this role 'til I saw his name there on the poll, but I like it).

I think each of them would all create very different Dr. Strange's, but each would be interesting in their own way.

I voted for Comberbatch, the only sane choice really.
Oh, and for Dujardin and Edgerton, because those two are pretty good actors that might fit the role too

Adrien Brody is still my choice for this role. I think he has a lot of factors that make him a fantastic choice for Dr. Strange.

Also, I am sure that Cumberbatch would be a fine choice but I am really getting a little tired or hearing his name come up for almost every role. Additionally, he seems a little too "hot" right now for a Marvel casting. Marvel seems to cast their leads right before their cusp of a breakout or when they've had a bit of a lull in their career, Cumberbatch is really in the midst of his breakout already.

I'd give Dujardin a shot...His english needs work though

i still think sheen would be great. he can do an american accent as well

michaelsheenpics.png

I'd give Dujardin a shot...His english needs work though
Yeah it does...that's the only thing stopping him from being my absolute #1 choice, tbh. But it can be done, and I hope he works on it, because I'd love to see him in more American films in general. He's great.

For me, I'd say that Brody or Mortensen could pull it off, and I'm actually starting to see it in Cumberbatch, as well.

From those of the poll, I think Jim Caviezel is an interesting choice.
But when I think of Doctor Strange, I think of Josh Brolin.

I think of Adrian Brody more as Ant-Man.

Jon Hamm, Jude Law, OR someone who has tremendous acting chops and would come cheap (this is how RDJ signed on for Stark/Iron Man)

Don't poo-poo it until you give it some thought.....

Charlie Sheen.

Jon Hamm, Jude Law, OR someone who has tremendous acting chops and would come cheap (this is how RDJ signed on for Stark/Iron Man)

Don't poo-poo it until you give it some thought.....

Charlie Sheen.
I gave it some thought and still poo pooed it down the toilet.

Michael Pitt
Leonardo Di Caprio
Tom Cruise

From those of the poll, I think Jim Caviezel is an interesting choice.
But when I think of Doctor Strange, I think of Josh Brolin.

I think of Adrian Brody more as Ant-Man.
I like it.

I still think Johnny Depp could knock it out of the park.

With a good (and not Burton) director, he could really give a great performance.

I also like Edgerton a lot (wanted him for GOTG), so I think he could do well with the role and a smaller paycheck

Viggo! Viggo! Viggo! Viggo!
Viggo! Viggo! Viggo! Viggo!

Just been watching the 2002 Count of Monte Cristo. Was quite tacken a back at how Caviezel resembled Strange, what with the goatee and attire:-

count_zpsa0cac806.jpg

5108_5_zpseba6f62e.jpg

Not that I'm actually suggesting him for the role; just an observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"