• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness general news and discussion thread

I just read the entire plot leak on Reddit. I can see why the story is being altered, it kinda sucks on paper.

not exactly the biggest evidence of confidence lol :funny:
Was about to say. We all know how Eternals turned out. Feige's connected universe vision has been showing its cracks more and more lately and it's only a matter of time before it collapses.

Scott Derrickson is a smart man for leaving. I would have loved to see his character driven, horrory Strange focused movie dealing with Nightmare as a villain. Instead of Feige turning Dr Strange 2 into Wandavision 2. SMDH.

This crazy. Why Samuel Raimi always do this type of weird overload crappy filmmaking style. He always over budget, problem shoot, reshot, overstuff movie then it go so bloat and fat. Why he ALWAYS??!

I remember many year ago when spiderman1 making by him, many news where I live said he offer role to famous Half asian half west actor named Bobby Carsons. He offer role of Pete Parker then Bobby get ready to play. But then Samuel take roll away to offer Tob the role. All news in my area say shame on Sam…. Now he create this mess from reshoot. I hop reshoot is nothing bothering King Feige

It’s massive reshoots and they can’t be underplayed. I’ve also read rumors that it’s not being well received in test screenings hence the need to change a big chunk of the film.

The movie was suppose to come out in March, this would’ve meant that they had to do over 6 weeks of reshoots only 3 months before the film came out. That’s problematic to say the least and once again explains the delays.

While reshoots are not unheard of, the sheer amount is very telling of the changes needed to be made. As with other projects it could all be just a bump in the road to a more rewarding and better final product.

It’s massive reshoots and they can’t be underplayed. I’ve also read rumors that it’s not being well received in test screenings hence the need to change a big chunk of the film.

The movie was suppose to come out in March, this would’ve meant that they had to do over 6 weeks of reshoots only 3 months before the film came out. That’s problematic to say the least and once again explains the delays.

While reshoots are not unheard of, the sheer amount is very telling of the changes needed to be made. As with other projects it could all be just a bump in the road to a more rewarding and better final product.

Exact! exact this is problem I discuss from early posting I made. Samuel Rami seems always trouble to create good clean film entertainment to all in a clean line way or method. He always stuff bloated film and always come excuse for why film no work. He overrate so bad. He does not have Krystol clear type filmmaking. In Sethu’s name I hope he real try to not make bloat confuse film

all this is karma for what he did to famous Bobby Carsons

Let’s also not forget that the original director quit the project unexpectedly. This movie has been plagued with problems for quite a while.

Let’s also not forget that the original director quit the project unexpectedly. This movie has been plagued with problems for quite a while.

That reminds me of TDW (Patty Jenkins quit). Let's hope MoM doesn't end up being the TDW of Phase 4...

It is worth noting that ALL MCU movies undergo reshoots. In fact, Feige has talked in the past about how they plan them in advance, and even factor them into everyone's contracts. After all we saw Natalie Portman and Chris Hemsworth doing reshoots for Thor 4 just the other day and no one seems concerned about it.

The issue here seems to be the length of time they're allocating to this. It appears that this is less about fixing/adding a few scenes, and more like remaking a decent chunk of the movie.

That reminds me of TDW (Patty Jenkins quit). Let's hope MoM doesn't end up being the TDW of Phase 4...

Don’t think Patty Jenkins could’ve saved TDW. Look at WW84, where she had all the time. That turned out to be worse than TDW

It is worth noting that ALL MCU movies undergo reshoots. In fact, Feige has talked in the past about how they plan them in advance, and even factor them into everyone's contracts. After all we saw Natalie Portman and Chris Hemsworth doing reshoots for Thor 4 just the other day and no one seems concerned about it.

The issue here seems to be the length of time they're allocating to this. It appears that this is less about fixing/adding a few scenes, and more like remaking a decent chunk of the movie.
Besides the length, how many MCU films undergo more than one sets of reshoots? Didn't they wrap production on another one back in September?

The difference with the T4 reshoots in particular was that those where just for a couple of days, 8 months before the release date. There’s a considerable difference.

And yeh you’re right on what the main issue is. Regardless, we can only hope for the best version of the film to be released.

The difference with the T4 reshoots in particular was that those where just for a couple of days, 8 months before the release date. There’s a considerable difference.

Yeah, I was just pushing back on the notion that reshoots automatically equal bad.

Besides the length, how many MCU films undergo more than one sets of reshoots? Didn't they wrap production on another one back in September?

I'm pretty sure IW/EG had multiple sets of reshoots, although I guess given the scale of those two movies it was sorta inevitable.

For example, Tony's "I am Iron Man" line was shot in January 2019, only 3 months before EG came out.

Don’t think Patty Jenkins could’ve saved TDW.

Perhaps. She has said that she wanted to make Thor and Jane's relationship the main focus of the movie, which is ironically exactly what Taika seems to be doing with Love & Thunder lmao.

The irony of TDW is that some of the deleted scenes (including the alternate ending) actually work a lot better than what we got in the movie, which makes me wonder if Ike Perlmutter's malign influence was a factor here...

So apparently the SM:NWH trailer is coming very soon which means that next in line is a Teaser Trailer for DS:MOM.

Infinity War - Release Date: April 27th (TT - 29/11)
End Game - Release Date: April 26th (TT - 07/12)
GOTG 2 - Release Date: May 5th (TT - 04/12)
CA:CW - Release Date: May 6th (TT - 25/11)
DS:MOM - Release Date: May 6th (TT - ???)

So we could be looking at a DS:MOM Teaser Trailer fairly soon. Inside 1 month or so, which would roughly coincide with the release of SM:NWH in theaters December 17th.

I never liked that Scott Derrickson left. He did a very good job in the first one and I liked how he talked about the character in interviews and such.
And... Sam Raimi is a bit hit or miss for me, to be honest. He hasn't made a good film since SM2.

I never liked that Scott Derrickson left. He did a very good job in the first one and I liked how he talked about the character in interviews and such.
And... Sam Raimi is a bit hit or miss for me, to be honest. He hasn't made a good film since SM2.

What about Drag Me to Hell? I quite liked that movie.

I have the bad feeling, that NWH will get delayed until May and every other movie will get shifted to the next release date again. A lot of countries in Europe are talking about Lockdowns again. Even for vaccinated people.
Because of the production problems both MoM and BP2 have right now, I assume Marvel isn’t even ungrateful if it happens…

I have the bad feeling, that NWH will get delayed until May and every other movie will get shifted to the next release date again. A lot of countries in Europe are talking about Lockdowns again. Even for vaccinated people.
Because of the production problems both MoM and BP2 have right now, I assume Marvel isn’t even ungrateful if it happens…

You think? I mean, it's not impossible, but so soon to release and with that second trailer dropping today, you think Sony would push it back?

You think? I mean, it's not impossible, but so soon to release and with that second trailer dropping today, you think Sony would push it back?

I don’t think they‘re planning that. But if cinemas are closed again, what other choice they will have? European countries are talking about Lockdowns. Don’t know how the situation in the USA is right now.

Alright we are officially in countdown mode until we get the Teaser Trailer for this. At first i though around November/December, right before SM:NHW hit theaters but now i think it will come a bit later... late December/early January.

Since SM:NWH deals with Doctor Strange and some multiverse stuff i think they might keep the Teaser Trailer for DS:MOM under wraps until after SM:NWH releases in theaters so it doesn't overlap too much or spoil what's to come. I also wonder if all the other stuff surrounding filming could postpone a bit longer the release of the first footage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"