does anyone besides me have no faith?

And how many of the general public actually know or care about any villain other than Lex? You're looking at this in fanboy terms, not in the way the public approaches a Superman movie.

MAYBE if they actually gave us another villain besides Lex, PERHAPS the general public might actually care about that new villain. How can the general public know or care about another villain when they continually get Lex over and over again?!?

How much of the general public (not fanboys) actually knew or cared about Doc Ock, Sandman, Venom, Ra's Al Ghul and Scarecrow? We still got them though didn't we? Why is it so much to ask for to get another villain besides wig wearing real estate obsessed Lex? And I'm not talking crap like Nuclear Man. It's pathetic the way the Superman movies have gone about using their villiains.

If WB were to make JL in the same time frame as Nolan's Batman, than they should just use Bale as Batman... otherwise it would be confusing and wouldn't feel right having two very different Wayne/Batman, in the same continuity.

Some people (not mentioning names) just can't seem to believe (or don't want to believe) that the original script was MORE THAN LIKELY written with Bale and Routh's characters in mind... there is no doubt that when we heard that the writers were going with a realistic plot for a JLA, they probably did so to extend from what Nolan and Singer established realistically in an unrealistic universe... why didn't the writers use the more traditional JLA villains? Because they wanted a JLA to make for a smooth transition between the solo films... maybe I am wrong about that... but that's what I believe... and I am sure the original writers of the first draft weren't thinking at the time that WB was going to recast the two leads prior to finishing the script... why else would they need to rewrite the damn thing now?

I agree FaT_tONle, I also got the impression, from the rumors at the time, that the writers was presenting a realistic JL with the intent of Bale/Routh attachment to the project. I remember reading that JLA was suppose to be a launching pad for other solo projects. So with those solo projects being part of the JL continuity and what was reported of the scripts first draft and Bale/Routh, it was logical to believe that. However, I only agree with you to an extent, because at this point, no one still no for sure what WB intent was.... so go figure.

BTW, what do you think of my JLA trailer? No one responded to it. I don't know if anyone likes it or not... think it's cool or bunk.

MAYBE if they actually gave us another villain besides Lex, PERHAPS the general public might actually care about that new villain. How can the general public know or care about another villain when they continually get Lex over and over again?!?

How much of the general public (not fanboys) actually knew or cared about Doc Ock, Sandman, Venom, Ra's Al Ghul and Scarecrow? We still got them though didn't we? Why is it so much to ask for to get another villain besides wig wearing real estate obsessed Lex? And I'm not talking crap like Nuclear Man. It's pathetic the way the Superman movies have gone about using their villiains.
Yeah,it's the conman Lex and his land schemes or them making up villains off the top of their head. Please try a new formula that may work for a change.

However, I only agree with you to an extent, because at this point, no one still no for sure what WB intent was.... so go figure.

BTW, what do you think of my JLA trailer? No one responded to it. I don't know if anyone likes it or not... think it's cool or bunk.

Its not the only reason why I think they needed re-writes... but I definitely think it was a major factor.

No movie needs your faith, get real people. Fanboys, they think everything must be made to their liking in order to succeed.

No movie needs your faith, get real people.

This is true.

Of course, it's not like Hollywood exists in a vaccuum.

If the media has been correct in how they've covered JL WB sure hasn't been confident with anything to with JL. Very few things were confirmed publically with the project.

If they were so unconcerned with fanboys why wouldn't they confirm more stuff in the press? Fans ripping on their movies in production means nothing to them in your opinion.

There were also the times they said they were releasing things to the press then once the day came they mysteriously did nothing.

Fanboys, they think everything must be made to their liking in order to succeed.

That depends. While some fans go over-board with what they want not all all of us are like that. Comic adaptions will always be different in execution from their original source. There's no getting around that. But it isn't unreasonable to want the people to make these movies to respect their franchises and make good movies.

It's never a good situation when fans know more about their own properties then the people making it, either. There are few exceptions to this in comic movies.

This is true.

Of course, it's not like Hollywood exists in a vaccuum.

If the media has been correct in how they've covered JL WB sure hasn't been confident with anything to with JL. Very few things were confirmed publically with the project.

If they were so unconcerned with fanboys why wouldn't they confirm more stuff in the press? Fans ripping on their movies in production means nothing to them in your opinion.

There were also the times they said they were releasing things to the press then once the day came they mysteriously did nothing.
They haven't even finished completing the script. What do you expect them to show you at the this point? Give them a chance to shoot a damn scene first, maybe finish casting, etc.

All we know are rumors, nothing more.

The Screenplay really was conected to Superman/Batman movies. You can see it by Thalias presence and the choose of ordynary, Technological Villais Like Max Lord and the Omacs.

wtf...isnt this movie cancelled? if not it should be, DC movie's blow and this will just ruin GL & Flash

Who said this movie ain't happening, where did you hear this from may I ask?

Yea it is probably not getting canned it was delayed and if the strike is over friday like the reports from news areas think it might be finally. The script can get reworked and either miller and cast will still, miller and cast will leave, or a combo of new director/miller and same/new cast will happen. Then also if the budget/tax problems in auzzie cant get worked out they would most likely think of moving the movie to canada where they could get a tax break. We will just have to wait and see what happens once the strike ends.

You guys honestly think Miller's cast/production crew is on stand by for a JLA waiting for WB to greenlight this thing? I doubt it... the strike will probably drag on a month or two longer... then you got the actors strike to worry about... I doubt these actors aren't trying to secure other spots elsewhere as the strike nears an end... either JLA is going to happen Late LATE 2009 (holiday release) or early 2010... or never for quite some time.

Well it all really counts on if the deal wga and AMPTP have going on right now is signed the strike will be over friday and all productions that have been shutdown could begain work again on monday. Most media sources think this deal/talks they are doing will see the end of the strike now. But we wont know to end of the week. Yea either miller and his cast/crew could be staying or we might see some gone and new crew/cast/director come in and either stay in auzzie or as some think could move to canada where a tax break would be easier to get.

The gist of it is that the hopeful result is that an end to the strike will be announced Monday.

However, studios are going to be selective about what gets put back into production. TV shows example, we will only start seeing the popular TV shows start filming again to salvage what they can for the rest of the 07-08 season. Bigger budget, complicated hour long dramas will probably have to be hold off until the fall again IE 24 and Heroes. Some struggling shows such as Bionic Woman might get the axe.

There's a subtle thought that the studios wanted the strike to change their format for TV. Basically they don't like pilot season and want to buy and produce shows differently now. Every year, tons of pilots are produced and made and they never see the light of day. Studios don't want to spend money on pilots that never air anymore.

And it's pretty appropriate since pilot season is dead now. Meaning there are pilots that networks don't have to pay for right now.

However, the ending to the strike doesn't mean we start seeing new stuff right away. For TV shows it could take 6-8 weeks. And some studios aren't too eager to spend millions on getting the studios back up and running immediately, especially for some shows they might not want to keep. This could include some movies as well.

As it stands, I have absolutely no faith left in this film. There needs to be some drastic changes for it to work. Most people dont even know what the Justice League is. It would be more wise to release the singular superhero movies first, and then tackle the team up. Like marvel is going to do with Avengers for example. We need a new cast also, not a bunch of no namers.

i dunno if anybody brought it up, but there was an time magazine with george clooney who said when making batman & robin there was something along the lines of "here's the release date, now go make a movie"

this feels worse than that :(

He accept it before reading the script and, during a interview, even said that Batman was gay.

I don't understand why people even had the thought of Christian Bale and Brandon Routh being in this movie...maybe besides BR, but CB has established his role as Batman and I'd rather see him in Nolan's-verse, because it's dark a gritty, and in a JL movie, the tone will probably be "sunshine and lollipops".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"